Borderlands 2: GOTY Edtition (PS3) $19.99 w/ free shipping, & more at Newegg.

SmileyMcSmiles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
BL2: GOTY - OOS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879218095

Bit on BL2: GOTY myself, great deal.  Newegg is butchering my wallet...  :lol:

If you're remotely interested in this, don't think too long.  I'm sure they'll all be gone within the hour or less (especially after SD lurkers get a whiff of this).  Already have it on PC and it's one of the best and most fun games around.  Not to mention the METRIC-ASS TON of content for this price. 

Go! Go! Go!

And more for $9.99...

Hitman: Absolution:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879262043&ignorebbr=1

Sleeping Dogs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879262047&ignorebbr=1

XCOM: Enemy Within (Commander Edition) - OOS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879218094&ignorebbr=1

Last edited by a moderator:
For the curious, here is a list of DLC that is not included with the GOTY edition (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 $4.99

Siren Learned Warrior Pack $0.99

Psycho Party Pack $0.99

Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack $0.99

Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack $0.99

Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack $0.99

Assasin Cl0ckw0rk Pack $0.99

Bloody Harvest $2.99

Wattle Gobbler $2.99

Headhunter 3: Mercenary Day $2.99

Headhunter 4: Wedding Day Massacre $2.99

Not yet released: (April 15)

Headhunter 5: Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax $2.99

Tally:

$14.99 for Levels

$4.99 for the Vault Hunter Upgrade

$5.94 for costumes

Total: $24.92

Cool, but is there any chance they will release a 3rd version as they have released 4 or so packs since this was released?
Doubtful...but as they say, never say never. But whether they do or don't (I think they won't), considering all that comes with it, it's definitely worth the price....

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Creature Slaughter Dome
Premiere Club Content
Gaige - Mechromancer Character Class
Gearbox Gun Pack
Golden Key
Vault Hunter's Relic
Krieg - The Psycho Character Class
Collector's Edition Heads and Skins
Contraband Sky Rocket Grenade
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1

Damn, already own the standard, also they gave it on plus, I know the added content is easily worth $20, having a hard time pulling the trigger. haha

I grabbed Sleeping Dogs, (for the 2nd time, strange ordeal when I ordered it on NewEgg's last $9.99 sale).

I'm going to hold off on Borderlands 2 for now, I still haven't played through part 1, and I have 2 on PSN+, I'll play through those and decide to buy the GOTY etc. by then.

Bought because it wouldve cost the same for me to pickup the extra characters. I paid $20 for the season pass a year ago anyway.

Hopefully its on disk.

Son of a bitch, it's out of stock. I already own the digital version with the season pass but I loved the game so much that I want a disc version too.

Looks like this comes with 2 disks, 1 disk is the standard edition of BL2, and a second disk has all the DLC that has to be installed, but not in the drive while playing the game.  Hope that helps.

edit: ninja'd by SmileyMcSmiles

Yep! All the DLC is on a second disc. Pop it in to install everything, then use the BL2 game disc to play.

EDIT: Aaaaand...they're all gone. Damn, BL2 sold out a lot sooner than I thought.
Looks like this comes with 2 disks, 1 disk is the standard edition of BL2, and a second disk has all the DLC that has to be installed, but not in the drive while playing the game. Hope that helps.

edit: ninja'd by SmileyMcSmiles
How strange, wouldn't that allow 1 person to buy the game and install it on a friend's PS3 who only owns a "vanilla" copy?

Yeah. I could be wrong, but I heard the GOTY of Borderlands 1 was the same way. It was a single disc, but allowed installation of the DLC to be used with the non-GOTY edition.
Only have BL1 GOTY on PC and vanilla on PS3, so I can't confirm, but I've heard the same thing. Seeing as they allow it for BL2 GOTY, I can only assume BL1 was the same.

This is perfect as I'll give my vanilla BL2 to my uncle and I'll be able to "share" all the DLC to him as well.

XCOM: Enemy Within is still available for $9.99 on PC BTW.  I would have loved to picked up the PS3 version just to play on a larger screen, but the PC version will serve its purpose either way ;)

There were two versions of BL1 GOTY. the first had codes the second was like this and had discs that u could share with friends.
was enemy within for the Xbox on sale too?

I literally saw it for 19.99 on a suggestion based of another game I was looking at and they sold out at that exact moment. HEADS UP Metro Last Light is also 19.99. Anyone think a goty edition will happen? The last dlc came out 6months ago so I have my doubts, as much as I want a goty edition lol

Own BL2 GOTY, but would have loved to grab some of these other titles. Neweggs been on a roll lately, but they've been selling out really fast. Thinking they are just clearing stock of stuff they aren't going to be carrying anymore.

Planning on waiting for a "Ultimate GOTY" edition for Borderlands 2, lol.

But damn, missed out on :ps3: XCOM Enemy Within for $10?!? (maybe it's for the best, otherwise I would've been kicking myself for getting it at GameStop for almost x3 the price....)

XCOM: Enemy Within is still available for $9.99 on PC BTW. I would have loved to picked up the PS3 version just to play on a larger screen, but the PC version will serve its purpose either way ;)
Worth noting that the $10 :pc: version is the expansion only, and that it requires the original Enemy Unknown to install/play.

bread's done
Back