Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition 5000 ONLY - $100

otgkhan

CAGiversary!
I searched and it seems it's not posted here yet. This is being produced in limited run of 5000 units and available exclusively from Bethesda store. International shipping is available.

http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/wolfenstein/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

Edit: As Wario mentioned, it does not come with the game.

370x370xgame-ce-wolf-neworder-full.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3iYwE6FH4A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No game, bad deal IMO. Is anyone really that into Wolfienstein to pay $100 for a few pieces of paper and a statue? I doubt they will even sell 5k.

Apparently people aren't familiar with Treehouse. 

Keep the "lolz" coming. All their LE stuff sells out eventually. The only exception I can think of is the Forza paddock edition.

Mass Effect Watches? yep. Dead Space Dev Team? yep. Dead Space Watches? yep. Kingdoms of Amaulr CE's? yep.

Yet every time a thread was created for those things we got the same cracker jack responses.

People don't seem to understand: It's a $160 CE being split to allow anyone to get it. (It's cheaper if you have patience to get the game).

The idea behind this is that you aren't locked into a region or platform by them, they don't stuff retailers with a clearance item, and they don't get into the issue of making it for a few platforms in a few regions and guess wrong about who wanted it enough. They are trying to make a collector's edition that all countries can get, rather than one country or region getting better stuff than another, if at all. This way, no one misses out on the stuff they made.

That said, I don't want it.

I've been going back and forth on this as I'm a sucker for collector editions. I'll probably grab it but I was also debating the Wolfenstein Signed Art Book. Only 500 and $40.

Does anyone know if you are charged when you place an order or do they just run an authorization hold?

People seem to forget this is exactly what the DEAD SPACE 3 LE Dev Edition was. Same price. Same idea.

No game and it likely wont even be factory sealed like the DS3 LE.

However 5000 is a low run. If the game is even half decent itll hold good value down the road. Ill probably put down for 1.

That junk toy, er I meant "figurine" looks like something out of a cracker jack box. ID Software hasn't made a good game since the original Quake. Even their own founder Carmack quit and left the company. fuck outta here with this overpriced crap.

This is CHEAP ASS GAMER Hot Deals forum. People forget that sometimes..

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. ... as I'm looking at all my other CE's I think I can make room for one more. Ugh my pockets hurt.

That junk toy, er I meant "figurine" looks like something out of a cracker jack box. ID Software hasn't made a good game since the original Quake. Even their own founder Carmack quit and left the company. fuck outta here with this overpriced crap.

This is CHEAP ASS GAMER Hot Deals forum. People forget that sometimes..
Where do you see Hot Deals at? This aint SlickDeals. Why do you feel the need to comment if you dont want it? This is a HOT DEAL to some people, the ones who understand that once it sells out (which it will, no matter what your feelings are), eBay is your only option for double the price.

I'd say this is a hot deal for people who want Wolfenstein CE at a discount. Buy this 1/5000 CE at launch since its a real limited run, then wait as long as you want to get your copy of the game. Whether that's launch price, or bringing the CE down to $109.99.

So it's a $100 Loot Crate for a game that may or may not be good that's making a return from a long dormant slumber.   Remember what happened with Duke?  If it was a proven game like Batman Arkham or Mass Effect I would do it

So it's a $100 Loot Crate for a game that may or may not be good that's making a return from a long dormant slumber. Remember what happened with Duke? If it was a proven game like Batman Arkham or Mass Effect I would do it
This is a sequel to the 2009 game for 360, PS3, and PC called Wolfenstein (a game that received relatively positive reviews, but commercially underperformed. The New Order is from a different studio, still under Bethesda publishing, and still acknowledges the past game, which itself was a sequel to 2001's entry).

So it's a $100 Loot Crate for a game that may or may not be good that's making a return from a long dormant slumber. Remember what happened with Duke? If it was a proven game like Batman Arkham or Mass Effect I would do it
I can't speak for ME, but the Arkham series CE's have been complete shit. And Duke was a kid's game developed by Gearbox, who haven't done anything remotely decent other than Borderlands.

And, yeah, as the poster below me stated...it's all about the print run.

I just recently sold a sealed Wolfenstein 3D for PC for $350. With that in mind, I'd be willing to bet that this thing will sell out.

Value hinges on quality and scarcity. If Wolfenstein scores an 85+ on Metacritic, it's likely these CEs will be worth a ton. Also remember that Duke had a huge print run (10k per platform per region - so probably well over 100k worldwide) - this is 5k total. Worldwide.

Collector's Editions are not my thing, but this looks pretty cool for any big fan of wolfenstein. As for review scores, I can't see this game any worse than decent ( about 7.0 ), will possibly hit around the 8.0 - 8.5 mark if executed well.  It looks to be a  'raw shooter', so mainstream reviewers may have problems with that if they are looking for something more.

What I meant by "proven" I meant by the game itself and not the tchotchke box.  I should have said if I was as big a fan of Wolfenstein as I was for Batman or Mass Effect I would buy it in a heartbeat.

As for value, it's not just print run it's demand for the product.

I've been going back and forth on this as I'm a sucker for collector editions. I'll probably grab it but I was also debating the Wolfenstein Signed Art Book. Only 500 and $40.

Does anyone know if you are charged when you place an order or do they just run an authorization hold?
My credit card was charged.

What I meant by "proven" I meant by the game itself and not the tchotchke box. I should have said if I was as big a fan of Wolfenstein as I was for Batman or Mass Effect I would buy it in a heartbeat.

As for value, it's not just print run it's demand for the product.
True, demands gotta be there. But Wolfenstein is pretty proven in my eyes, proven enough to sell out 5k. I'm sure people aren't eyeing the box, moreso the steelbook and statue.

It doesn't come with the game
Doesn't matter, its limited and pwoplw buy iy thinking it will be worth $1000 in 20 years. This will sell and sell well to stupid people who don't care for prices and will support this stuff in the industry.

I bought. But they fracking charged me $50 for shipping to Canada. I have a Dead Space 3 Dev Team edition collector's box too and was happy with the quality of stuff that came in it. The Black Marker statue in that one was pretty cool. I do agree with others that if the game was included it would not have been selling for $100 the price would easily be $150+ then.

I also like this trend from Tree house games of selling the collector's edition without the game. I recently bought the Dark Souls 2 collector's edition and am dealing with the dilemma of selling the game (as I will not play it) with or without the steelbook (as selling it open box will mean I won't even get $50 for it).

first its a first person shooter without multiplayer
Bioshock was perfectly fine without multiplayer - when they added it for the sequel, how many people bothered to play it for more than a week? You want to guess how many millions of dollars were spent developing that? I think the Wolfenstein team made the right decision.

Bioshock was perfectly fine without multiplayer - when they added it for the sequel, how many people bothered to play it for more than a week? You want to guess how many millions of dollars were spent developing that? I think the Wolfenstein team made the right decision.
I agree, a FPS that doesn't rely on Double XP MP weekends is refreshing. while if they focused on MP it'd kill the nostalgia as it never was about playing with others, it was killing AI Nazi's.

I agree, a FPS that doesn't rely on Double XP MP weekends is refreshing. while if they focused on MP it'd kill the nostalgia as it never was about playing with others, it was killing AI Nazi's.
I would disagree... I don't play a lot of MP but logged a ton of hours in Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC) while in college.

Are there any free shipping coupons? The shipping on this site is outrageous. 

"Some of the concept art collected here has not been sanitized, so we are unable to ship this item to Germany, Switzerland, or Austria."

Land of oppression... Seriously, do the people living in these places ever get tired of their governments telling them what they should be reading, watching, and hearing? 

Nice that they limited this to 5k but this game looks like shit. I see nothing new about it and graphically it looks last gen. I can't believe all these studios closing and the budgets going out of control and here we are still getting games like this. Unreal. I sure hope it's better than the Youtube videos are showing. It's only selling point seems to be a Doom beta. Whee.

Well IIRC RtoCW was one of the biggest online MP games during those years (PC) so kind of silly to say Wolfenstein games aren't known for online MP

No. For someone that likes to constantly boast about what they resell how do you not know about THBS?
They typically don't sell anything worth buying. I'm only buying one artbook here. Sure, the other thing has potential as a flip, but it's not a fast flip; it's not fast money. So I don't care about it. I flip things I can make money on within a week. Plus, even if this thing sells on eBay, there's no way the profit after their $23 shipping, eBay's fees, and my own shipping, would be worth my time, and the loss of money for two months. The Dev Team Edition was a good flip because it was still in stock while the idiots on eBay were buying it, plus it had free shipping, or really cheap shipping (I don't remember which).

I'll keep an eye on it, and if I can pay for it with other people's money through paypal, I'll buy a few. If not, I don't care. Shipping kills the flip, for the most part. If you want to buy a few to sit on though, by all means. I see much better flip-worthy items all over the place though. None of which I'll tell anyone about though. The less people on eBay and Amazon the better...

Do you even play games, or are you only here to flip stuff?  Cause that is all you ever post about.

Average Peter post: "I'm not getting this cause _______________ and I can't flip that"

Proceeded by 2 or 3 posts defending what you do.  Repeat next CE or limited thing.  Gets old.

Just got the CE, art book and the game through best buy and I don't worry about price bc I'm a elite chemist ;)

RtCW was the goat multiplayer FPS

I'm looking forward to this game, but I'd be really excited if they announced a new MP wolfenstein game as well

Any statue enthusiast care to comment on the quality of the figure? I think it is more detailed than average, but would be nice if it was copper or metal.

Hopefully we get a good SP shooter this time around, SP shooters with a good story campaign is hard to come by these days. Of course I am biased as I never play MP shooters  :whistle2:

Well IIRC RtoCW was one of the biggest online MP games during those years (PC) so kind of silly to say Wolfenstein games aren't known for online MP

No. For someone that likes to constantly boast about what they resell how do you not know about THBS?
When referring nostalgia immediately you go to 2, I was talking about the original.

bread's done
Back