Spring Edition Skylanders in stock right now at Amazon

Navigator2001Plus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
If you wanted any of them, I wouldn't wait on it. It's possible stock may catch up to demand at some point, but so far these seem (to me, anyway) way more rare than the Jolly Bumble Blasts they had at Christmas, where stores had a ton of them to go around.

Everywhere I had been looking was out of stock for these, until I happened to check Amazon just now and they were back in stock. They only just came back in stock today, because I checked last night and they were still out.

Bleh, tired of these characters that are just repainted and don't show up in game. Saves me money at least.

If you wanted any of them, I wouldn't wait on it. It's possible stock may catch up to demand at some point, but so far (to me, anyway) these seem way more rare than the Jolly Bumble Blasts they had at Christmas, where stores had a ton of them to go around.

Everywhere I had been looking was out of stock for these, until I just happened to check Amazon just now and they were back in stock. They only just came back in stock today, because I checked last night and they were still out.

Yeah, Jolly Bumble and the Halloween Eyebrawl were both super easy to find for months but once they sold out that was that.

At least Jolly Bumble Blast is unique in game, I believe Trigger Happy is too. I only saw Jolly once or twice and that was it. Glad I grabbed mine when I did.

At least Jolly Bumble Blast is unique in game, I believe Trigger Happy is too. I only saw Jolly once or twice and that was it. Glad I grabbed mine when I did.
Yeah, Trigger Happy has a unique appearance in addition to the repaint. The other two do not have a unique appearance or even a repaint. They are completely normal, aside from the packaging.

However, I don't think Punk Shock is available yet in standard packaging, so it's not a total ripoff to pick that one up. But if you already have Fryno, the one in Spring egg packaging isn't worth it unless you're an insane diehard collector who wants to keep it mint in box.

Oh, and another cool thing to note: Springtime Trigger Happy also comes with a custom hat like Jolly Bumble Blast did. The hat looks like an Easter egg with bunny ears cracking through it.

Bleh, tired of these characters that are just repainted and don't show up in game. Saves me money at least.

Yeah, Jolly Bumble and the Halloween Eyebrawl were both super easy to find for months but once they sold out that was that.
so none of these show up in game? I'll pass if that's the case

Springtime trigger happy apparently shows up in the game but I already have regular trigger happy, and the newest trigger happy. I really don't want this one, as its the same as the one I already have. Also if you have regular trigger happy like I do, its probably not worth buying it again (goes with any repaint IMO) because it just shows up as the exact same character in game. Yes there are the extra abilities that come with a S2/S3 figure, but personally, those don't make a big enough difference for me to pay for a figure I already have.

Especially since we spend so much on figures, it could even be an optional patch. the least they could do is make it show up in the game.

Thanks op, perfect for the boys Easter basket. We never bought the s3 trigger happy and actually have been looking for this one just for Easter.

I almost got punk shock, but I will wait to pick her up with Doom Stone for a discount at bestbuy.

I was playing with Scratch and Fryno last night with my son, and I like Fryno's whole heat meter and my son likes him cuz it reminds him of the fire giant with his ability to ride around on a motorcycle, but scratch was pretty lame. My kids were upset that she doesnt really fly and I told them that flying is pretty much a wasted ability, but still. Laser pounce and crazy spin is cool, but eh. 

Why don't they just sell these stupid characters as DLC on the Xbox/PSN marketplace so people have the option to play without the lame portal?

Why don't they just sell these stupid characters as DLC on the Xbox/PSN marketplace so people have the option to play without the lame portal?
Because then it's just a generic platformer that most people would ignore, complain about the rampant DLC, AND there wouldn't be all that lovely money flowing in from the sales of action figures?

I found Punk shock and springtime trigger happy at TRU, but I refuse to pay their marked up prices.

Picked up Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow at Best Buy about a week ago.

I wasn't even aware these were a thing until I saw a bunch of the Trigger Happy and one Fryno in Fred Meyer late Saturday night. They had B2G1 on Skylanders figures but of course it didn't work on these - but they override it since the ad didn't have any exclusions. They said they just came in that day so they probably weren't even coded up in the system to work with that promo (but that they should have been).

I'm glad the Trigger Happy is unique in game. Though I think with all the B2G1 deals over the holidays I got the regular new Trigger Happy already. I got so many that I didn't even give to the kids yet and we hadn't played the game in weeks. But then just this evening my 4 year-old girl wanted to play. So we'll mix this Trigger Happy in with the Easter eggs when they hunt for them. Since they have no idea he exists that should be a treat.

Though isn't it a little creepy that the egg-shaped thing (colored like an Easter Egg in this edition) is a big freaking bomb! Yeah, that just doesn't seem right. But the kids won't care ;).

As for Fryno, I just noticed he seems to be the regular one - not even colored differently on the figure (let alone in the game). So that kind of sucks. I wish now I had just bought 3 Trigger Happys. But Fryno was completely new to me - I haven't kept up with the recent releases. So it's not like we have him yet anyway.

Picked this guy up yesterday at GameStop. Strange how Amazon is showing Fryno and Punk Shock with a springtime description, but they appear to be regular.

Now I need to get Enchanted Star Strike from Wal-Mart..I think from reading elsewhere online that it may already be out, even though its in next weeks ad for WM.

These are only "rare" because they are just coming in and some stores had them street dated for 4/6 up until recently.  Now as more stores get them in, they are becoming increasingly common.  Given the fact they had special packaging made, one can assume they will not be uncommon in the near future.  After all, every variant for Swap Force so far can still be found on shelves or online at retail with a little effort.

Springtime Trigger Happy is indeed that way in game, we saw in game images of him as well early on, way before the figure was shown.  On the 3DS version, you can go to the museum and see every "in game" figure.that will be released for this game.  Jade Fire Kraken and Kickoff Countdown are the only variants left now unreleased (along with LC Bumbleblast and Doom Stone regulars).  This is the fifth unique in game version of Trigger Happy, by the way.

Fryno is just regular Fryno, and shouldn't be hard to find.  He is in the current regular assortment in normal packaging and consumes a third of each of those cases (4 figures).  That means he is actually double shipping.  The only appeal of the Spring version is for the Easter packaging, good for the basket.

Punk Shock, however, is going to be a little more difficult for now, her regular single won't be out until next wave - so the Spring version is the only way to get her until the next wave - likely late April/early May at minimum.  Honestly, they have kind of gone lazy on the water figures, she makes the third "mer-person" they have released (Gil Grunt, Riptide and Punk Shock), the second ranged one with a gun.

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether a figure shows up differently in-game. This is easy to solve. The artwork on the card that comes with the figure is how the character will appear in-game. In this case, the artwork for Springtime Trigger Happy is different from regular Trigger Happy, so he looks different. The other two are exactly the same in-game as their regular packaging versions. On regular (non-spring) packaging, the artwork with be on the front of the blister pack card, making it easier to see.

Some stores don't get them in, and others sell out fast. So no, not all stores will have these right away, and some might sell out instantly. Some stores don't put them out until their other skylanders are sold, so this means until wave 1 is sold, these won't come out until there is shelf space for them. Wave 3 never appeared on shelves here, thankfully I ordered from best buy online.. My gamestop's never got anything in for that sidekicks promotion, only had leftovers and most still don't have much. My area seems to be particularly bad for getting in new skylanders, though my target did have nitro freeze blade out so that is something at least.

As far as the sheep wreck island pack and the arkeyan cross bow pack forget about it, no store ever got those in locally.

If you guys are having a hard time locating these locally be sure to check Walmart.  Someone on another site said they received a TON of the Spring edition guys and they did at my local Walmart.

Unfortuantely even skylanders won't make me set foot inside my local walmart, might be why I am having trouble finding some things.

bread's done
Back