* * * * - 3 votes

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters All Characters + All DOA5 & DOA5+ Costumes $19.99 on PSN - Million Fighters Set - 3 Weeks Sale

#1 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

PS3 only. Xbox 360 does not have Core Fighters.

Does not included the newly released Marie Rose.

Just to put it in perspective, each character is normally $3.99 which adds to $34.99 for the whole set. All DOA5 & DOA5+ 81 costumes set is normally $39.99. So for $20, you are getting $75 worth of content which is pretty good since DOA5 stuff are never on sale.

https://store.sonyen...000000000000322

#2 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Does the content work on DOA vanilla and the retail Ultimate as well?

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#3 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Does the content work on DOA vanilla and the retail Ultimate as well?

The costumes should work with retail Ultimate, not sure about vanilla though. I've already paid retail for every single DLC there is so I can't test it for you. Maybe others can chime in. I know the $39.99 81 original costumes did not work with vanilla or DOA5+.

#4 gldoorii  

gldoorii

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

So I'm a bit confused... This is for those that downloaded the free Core version and it unlocks every character and DLC costume (except Marie Rose)?

What's the difference between that one and this one?

https://store.sonyen...OA5DLCFULL00000

That's $20 too and only says costumes. Is it the same thing, but just for those that already own the actual game?

I'm also confused when it says:

Get all 81 costumes from DOA5 and DOA5+ in one convenient set!

This set includes the following costumes: Player's Swimwear, Hotties Swimwear, Hot Getaway, Uniform, Gym Class, Cheerleader, Christmas Set

And yet, browsing the costumes shows a lot more than what this set includes...  How can it be all then?

#5 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

So I'm a bit confused... This is for those that downloaded the free Core version and it unlocks every character and DLC costume (except Marie Rose)?

What's the difference between that one and this one?

https://store.sonyen...OA5DLCFULL00000

That's $20 too and only says costumes. Is it the same thing, but just for those that already own the actual game?

I'm also confused when it says:

Get all 81 costumes from DOA5 and DOA5+ in one convenient set!

This set includes the following costumes: Player's Swimwear, Hotties Swimwear, Hot Getaway, Uniform, Gym Class, Cheerleader, Christmas Set

And yet, browsing the costumes shows a lot more than what this set includes...  How can it be all then?

Yes, all characters unlock for Core Fighters as well as all DOA5 and DOA5+ costumes. Does not include Marie Rose and all post DOA5U costumes. Hope this clarify things for you.

As for the link you provided, that's just the DOA5 and DOA5+ costumes. The link I provided in the OP is the one on sale which is only good for 3 weeks.

#6 gldoorii  

gldoorii

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

Oh, I see now, there are specific Ultimate DLC costumes too. Thanks I didn't realize that.

#7 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Oh, I see now, there are specific Ultimate DLC costumes too. Thanks I didn't realize that.

No problem. It takes a fan like myself to understand all the freaking packages. ;)

#8 airco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

Uh, the "All Costumes" unlock doesn't provide the Ultimate costumes, either, so it doesn't offer any advantage over this bundle.

Speaking of this bundle, whoah. It's one thing that the characters are $20, but the costumes come with it? This seems like a borderline pricing error, so I had to jump on it.

Also, it doesn't show up in your download list as a bundle - every character and costume shows up separately. This is a good deal, but you'd better be willing to put in the effort. ( ´A`)

#9 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

So wait, they are both the same thing, just one comes with characters as well? If so I guess I might jump on it as well, really does seem like a misprice

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#10 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

Also, it doesn't show up in your download list as a bundle - every character and costume shows up separately. This is a good deal, but you'd better be willing to put in the effort. ( ´A`)

LOL. I never understand why they don't do bundle downloads. You have probabaly 100 individual items to download from this purchase. Good thing I buy all available DOA5U DLCs at release at retail pricing so I only have to download 10-20 at a time. :-k

#11 MildObstruction   I'd be happy if they simply reintroduced The Last Guardian CAGiversary!   11440 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

This is dlc gone terribly wrong if it's that hard to understand. Not sure how this compares to doa5u on disc. Or why there's so many costumes.

MildObstruction.png

#12 airco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

LOL. I never understand why they don't do bundle downloads. You have probabaly 100 individual items to download from this purchase. Good thing I buy all available DOA5U DLCs at release at retail pricing so I only have to download 10-20 at a time. :-k

106 separate pieces of 100 KB unlock keys. 106.

This is dlc gone terribly wrong if it's that hard to understand. Not sure how this compares to doa5u on disc. Or why there's so many costumes.

I agree completely, but at the same time HOT BABES IN SWIMSUUUUUUITS

#13 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAG Veteran   585 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

Is this a better deal than buying DOA 5 Ultimate on ps3 new for $21.99?

http://www.gamestop....ultimate/111054

Which comes with more content?

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.pnggalley2_th.png

#14 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

Is this a better deal than buying DOA 5 Ultimate on ps3 new for $21.99?

http://www.gamestop....ultimate/111054

Which comes with more content?

With retail disc, you get story mode which is pretty useless or a lot of people played it in previous DOA5 and DOA5+ games. It's the same story mode. With this bundle, you don't get the story mode but gain 81 extra costumes which is expensive, all for less than the retail disc's price. This PSN sale is the obvious winner here.

#15 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

I thought DOA5U came with at least some of the DLC costumes from DOA5 and DOA5+; which ones doesn't it come with?

#16 airco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

With retail disc, you get story mode which is pretty useless or a lot of people played it in previous DOA5 and DOA5+ games. It's the same story mode. With this bundle, you don't get the story mode but gain 81 extra costumes which is expensive, all for less than the retail disc's price. This PSN sale is the obvious winner here.

It should be noted that the story mode is sold for $15, so you could just buy it later if you were interested. Though if you're interested in trophies, Core Fighters doesn't normally come with any - you'd need to buy all the characters ($20 here) + Story mode ($15) + BGM music packs ($2) to unlock the ability to earn trophies. It just depends on what's more important to you.

#17 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

I thought DOA5U came with at least some of the DLC costumes from DOA5 and DOA5+; which ones doesn't it come with?

Below is the list of the ones didn't come with DOA5U but is in this sale bundle. The ones came with DOA5U + the ones listed below = Complete DOA5/DOA5+ collection. Then you can work on getting Ultimate specific sets. ;)

Player's Swimwear, Hotties Swimwear, Hot Getaway, Uniform, Gym Class, Cheerleader, Christmas Set

#18 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

Below is the list of the ones didn't come with DOA5U but is in this sale bundle. The ones came with DOA5U + the ones listed below = Complete DOA5/DOA5+ collection. Then you can work on getting Ultimate specific sets. ;)

Player's Swimwear, Hotties Swimwear, Hot Getaway, Uniform, Gym Class, Cheerleader, Christmas Set

So basically everything in the collection. Were there any DOA5/DOA5+ DLC costumes included in Ultimate? Between all the new costumes, all the old costumes that weren't included, and now the for-pay DLC characters that are coming, I'm really starting to regret buying that, even if I did only pay $4.09. I can't help but feel that another version is going to come out eventually that at least has the DLC characters, if not the costumes.

#19 mitch079   It's an ILLUSION! CAGiversary!   8666 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago   Has been playing BEYOND: Two Souls
PS3

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

After reading through this, this thing is Dead on Arrival to me.  I have no idea what unlocks what for what game.

mmitch079.jpgmmitch079.png

#20 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10097 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

even at $20 I wouldn't buy it, this is only for hardcore DOA players....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#21 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17128 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

hmmm.... interesting.  I was just thinking of buying DOA5U. 

#22 airco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

After reading through this, this thing is Dead on Arrival to me.  I have no idea what unlocks what for what game.

The deal that this thread was made for is for Core Fighters, which is the bare bones free-to-play downloadable version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate that charges you money for each character you want to play. It wouldn't make sense for a character unlock pack to be usable for the retail release since, you know, the retail release already comes with all the characters. The downloadable costumes in this pack should apply to the retail release as well, though.

even at $20 I wouldn't buy it, this is only for hardcore DOA players....

Or... anyone who plays DoA? If wanting to pay $20 for the base content of a game is hardcore, then call me a basement dweller.

#23 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

Or... anyone who plays DoA? If wanting to pay $20 for the base content of a game is hardcore, then call me a basement dweller.

I called one for you, but he said he was otherwise engaged. He didn't specify, but he was panting pretty hard and I heard some sort of repetitive noise in the background. Like a "fwap" or "thap" or something sorta like that.

#24 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Sheesh, this is confusing -- I don't own any version now.  So if one were going to buy the DOA5 Ultimate retail disc, should we pass on this sale, buy Marie Rose, and then purchase individual costume sets, in order to have the complete experience?  This still sounds like an expensive proposition if costume sets never go on sale.  May be better to hope for a super ultimate version that will contain everything.

#25 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14841 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

I bought it and it added 106 new downloads to my download list. Now that's a lot of damned content.

#26 Royal High Knight   Be the Spiderman CAGiversary!   4823 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Can the Op put the the end date for this? 4/22

#27 Lord Hamm   Give me a Dollar! CAGiversary!   1061 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Lord Hamm

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Sheesh, this is confusing -- I don't own any version now.  So if one were going to buy the DOA5 Ultimate retail disc, should we pass on this sale, buy Marie Rose, and then purchase individual costume sets, in order to have the complete experience?  This still sounds like an expensive proposition if costume sets never go on sale.  May be better to hope for a super ultimate version that will contain everything.

I pretty sure Marie Rose comes free if you own DOA5 Ultimate

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

Sheesh, this is confusing -- I don't own any version now.  So if one were going to buy the DOA5 Ultimate retail disc, should we pass on this sale, buy Marie Rose, and then purchase individual costume sets, in order to have the complete experience?  This still sounds like an expensive proposition if costume sets never go on sale.

Say you buy DOA5U. This is effectively the most complete version of the game that exists right now. The only things it's missing are DLC videos (basically gravure clips of the girls), DLC costumes, and Marie Rose (and the announced future DLC characters). All the costumes, DLC or otherwise, from DOA5 and DOA5+ are either included in DOA5U out of the box or in the $19.99 Complete DOA5 Costumes set. The other costumes and costume sets were released after DOA5U, and should only be compatible with that version (and DOA5 Core Fighters, which is really just the F2P version of DOA5U).

Alternatively, you can download DOA5 Core Fighters, and then buy the pack mentioned in OP ($19.99). In that case, you're missing the story mode (available for $15, I think?), music tracks (somebody said $2, I'm not sure if that's for all of them or each individually), the DLC costumes specific to DOA5U, and Marie Rose and her DLC costumes, which you can purchase individually or bundled together.

The biggest problem is that there are too many options. You can buy a pack of all the costumes for a single character. You can buy a pack of all the costumes in a single release. You can buy costumes individually. And it doesn't track whether you already own the costumes from any of the other options. It doesn't help that you also have to download separate compatibility packs for the costumes you purchase.

The second biggest problem is that TK is being a massive dick about their DLC. I recognize DOA might not be a popular enough franchise to support itself without DLC, but the way they're handling costume DLC, along with their prices and the confusing nature of the releases, is pretty consumer unfriendly. This without even mentioning the fact that they themselves said that releasing DLC characters, especially for pay, was a terrible thing they'd never do when DOA5 released and now they're doing just that.

May be better to hope for a super ultimate version that will contain everything.

So in the end, I'm definitely holding out on DLC, at least, until I'm sure this isn't happening.

I pretty sure Marie Rose comes free if you own DOA5 Ultimate

I was looking through the DLC on the 360 online marketplace (where I own DOA5U) earlier while logged in, and she was showing up as paid DLC. D<

#29 Daring   To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities... CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

hows the community for this game. is it active enough to justify the purchase.

#30 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! Silenced   324 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

SOB my head hurts from reading all this mumbo jumbo. I love DoA.. I have the vanilla/CE on my 360 DoA5U on my ps3, DoA5+ on the Vita. If the DLC bundle is cross buy then its a must buy. Show support to the developers to have them give us a DoA6U on our next gen consoles.