Tomb Raider w/ Artbook Packaging for Xbox One: $43.99

black_hand313

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, in case anyone wants the Definitive Edition of Tomb Raider with the artbook-style packaging, it's on sale (no PS4 version - sorry). $44 at Best Buy with free shipping (shipping only though). Thought I'd put this deal up since the Limited Edition seems hard to find online now:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-limited-edition-xbox-one/3201119.p?id=1219089035506&skuId=3201119&st=tomb%20raider&lp=1&cp=1

If you just want the standard version, Amazon has the TR:DE on sale for $39.99 on PS4 as well as Xbox One

http://www.amazon.com/Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Edition-playstation-4/dp/B00GZ1GUSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396531237&sr=8-1&keywords=tomb+raider+definitive+edition

http://www.amazon.com/Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Xbox-One/dp/B00GZ1GUNO/ref=sr_1_1_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1396531494&sr=1-1&keywords=tomb+raider+definitive+edition+xbox+one

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="kickrockz713" post="11664338" timestamp="1396537445"]$35.19.. Where you get $38.09 from?[/quote]

Yes, this is with tax in Texas.

was gonna get it...but Id rather have the ps4 version. If its gonna be the definitive edition, Id want the definitive edition :/

Edit: Back in stock and picked one up. gonna trade it in and keep the artbook.

was gonna get it...but Id rather have the ps4 version. If its gonna be the definitive edition, Id want the definitive edition :/

Edit: Back in stock and picked one up. gonna trade it in and keep the artbook.
The artbook is actually part of the packaging, the disc is in the back cover (like they did for the Arkham City CE). You can't separate them :/

The artbook is actually part of the packaging, the disc is in the back cover (like they did for the Arkham City CE). You can't separate them :/
I really hope that don't become a trend with games cause hitman special edition and kingdom hearts 1.5 limited edition were both the same kind packaging also

Do Best Buy and Gamestop reduce the trade-in value if you trade in the disc by itself? I mostly trade on amazon, I thought Best Buy had the same policy

Do Best Buy and Gamestop reduce the trade-in value if you trade in the disc by itself? I mostly trade on amazon, I thought Best Buy had the same policy
Officially, no, only Amazon does that, though you may get difficult employees at Gamestop (who might charge a refurbishing fee for no case, which is BS and should be challenged on the grounds that they aren't going to be selling the game for any less) or Best Buy (who might refuse to take in the game at all). It really depends on your stores.

Great deal for the art book edition especially with GCU!. My wife got this for me at launch, its a great addition to any collection! 

I have seen nothing in the past year or so that indicates there is any extra value in having the art book packaging. If you just want to play the game buy it when it is at its cheapest. If you're buying this because you think it may be valuable in the future..... good luck.

That being said if you are interested in the pictures I'd say you're better of buying the guide or an actual TR artbook if one was released

I have seen nothing in the past year or so that indicates there is any extra value in having the art book packaging. If you just want to play the game buy it when it is at its cheapest. If you're buying this because you think it may be valuable in the future..... good luck.

That being said if you are interested in the pictures I'd say you're better of buying the guide or an actual TR artbook if one was released
agree lol cause a art book with a disc tray in back isn't very attractive especially when the tray is empty cause you sold or traded the game lol

Picked it up for $30 last week from X1 Marketplace. Doesn't sound like the artbook fancy enough to buy this just for it. I might check out ebay.

What's my best option for finding a PS4 version? Did all retailers originally have the artbook packaging at launch and has anyone seen them in stores recently?

bread's done
Back