* * * * * 2 votes

Wii/Wii U Luigi Remote Plus $25.99 at Best Buy

#1 phogoodness   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

phogoodness

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Pretty good price for a Wii/Wii U Luigi Remote Plus at Best Buy. $25.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.c...0&skuId=2217466

#2 Blumpkin   Has a bad case of diarrhea CAGiversary!   2729 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Thanks OP. I was just in Best Buy and they had dozens of the Mario wiimotes, but not a single Luigi. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on this.

My backlog is bigger than your collection. 

#3 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2820 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

Good price.  Combine it with a game purchase to get an extra 15% off to make it $22.  Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a good choice this week.  Or the Walking Dead GOTY for $10 if you have xbox or ps3.

Don't need but will keep it with the mario one for collection purposes.

Pro controller is also on sale for $40.99 and wii u transport case is $18.99.

#4 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Good price. Combine it with a game purchase to get an extra 15% off to make it $22. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a good choice this week. Or the Walking Dead GOTY for $10 if you have xbox or ps3.

Don't need but will keep it with the mario one for collection purposes.

Pro controller is also on sale for $40.99 and wii u transport case is $18.99.

Is it automatic in cart or do you need a code?

Id get walking dead. I beat it already but i had the previous version and might as well pay a couple bucks extra than the 400 days dlc alone and get the physical copy. Might as well get the Luigi remote since I dont have a motion plus controller and going to start playing my Wiiu more soon.

#5 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2820 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

15% off accessories is automatic when you have both in cart.  Walking Dead price requires you to have the free gamers club for the $10 off coupon to be active to make it $12 or $10 for gcu.

#6 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

15% off accessories is automatic when you have both in cart. Walking Dead price requires you to have the free gamers club for the $10 off coupon to be active to make it $12 or $10 for gcu.

Cool ill order them when I get home then since I am the rewards/gamer club free member. Thanks.

Just hope my save from the previous walking dead retail version will allow me to play the 400 days and not start allover again.

#7 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2720 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

ehhh.. I need the other one (the mario one).

oh well, next time

#8 UndyingForce   The Host with the Most CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

UndyingForce

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

Best Buy shows this as a clearance. Are they getting rid of these everywhere?

Either way, thanks OP. Had a $5 gift card and $5 reward certificate. Also purchased the new Donkey Kong. Great deal.

3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#9 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

Not many games require or even use the wii motion plus stuff, right?  Just trying to decide if there is a benefit to snagging one of these and upgrading an old, non motion plus controller if it is still working. 

Posted Image

#10 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   4978 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

Best deal i saw was from Newegg. Luigi wiimote with Nintendoland for $30. I missed that deal.

#11 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

Not many games require or even use the wii motion plus stuff, right?  Just trying to decide if there is a benefit to snagging one of these and upgrading an old, non motion plus controller if it is still working. 

do you plan on getting a wii u at all in the future? if so some the games that use the wii mote on wii u will require a motion plus one such as some the nintendoland games and Mario and sonic Olympics on the wii u and wii sports club and I know a few wii games do require it as well

#12 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

do you plan on getting a wii u at all in the future? if so some the games that use the wii mote on wii u will require a motion plus one such as some the nintendoland games and Mario and sonic Olympics on the wii u and wii sports club and I know a few wii games do require it as well

Thanks for the info!

Yeah I have a Wii U, but I haven't followed which games will require it in the future.  If Mario Kart is one of them, I will want to pick one of these controllers up.  Otherwise I have the gamepad and two of the 'pro' controllers. 

Posted Image

#13 deletedaccount  

deletedaccount

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thanks OP, just grabbed one. Been waiting for a good price on the Luigi remote.

#14 RADa5AURU5   CAGa5AURU5 CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

RADa5AURU5

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

$54 for DKC:TF and a Wii Remote+. Not bad. Do I need either? No. Did I still order them? Obvs.

#15 rcerboss  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Aw shit that's a great deal OP.  I already bought this way back when or I'd be all over it now....

A word to the wise:  Anybody who's OCD about their controller colors matching should know that Nintendo couldn't be bothered to produce a green B button for this Wiimote.  It's got the same fucking red button the Mario Wiimote has.  The controller looks great from the front but it really does look like shit from the back/sides and it does bug the hell out of me when I use it.

But it works, and if that's all you are looking for then this is a fine deal.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#16 nightmarishhero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

nightmarishhero

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Aw shit that's a great deal OP.  I already bought this way back when or I'd be all over it now....

A word to the wise:  Anybody who's OCD about their controller colors matching should know that Nintendo couldn't be bothered to produce a green B button for this Wiimote.  It's got the same fucking red button the Mario Wiimote has.  The controller looks great from the front but it really does look like shit from the back/sides and it does bug the hell out of me when I use it.

But it works, and if that's all you are looking for then this is a fine deal.

red B button?

no, i have one if these and the B button is Brown, color of their shoes. I thought it was that way on both the mario and luigi, but I haven't actually seen a mario remote

#17 rcerboss  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

red B button?

no, i have one if these and the B button is Brown, color of their shoes. I thought it was that way on both the mario and luigi, but I haven't actually seen a mario remote

What?  We can argue about the semantics of the colors all day but I wouldn't classify what I have on either of my Wiimotes as brown.  It is just barely a shade or two darker than the red on my Mario Wiimote and the Luigi Wiimote matches it perfectly.  It certainly doesn't match the color shoes on any art I've seen.

And the B button isn't where shoes would go anyways........ but that's still beside the point that it looks like crap on the Green one.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

#18 Tauro_Fc  

Tauro_Fc

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

I had a luigi remote and currently have a mario one. The B button and the 1 and 2 buttons are all brown.

#19 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10051 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

OOS and none available around me or down near my mom's in FL. Damn.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#20 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

OOS and none available around me or down near my mom's in FL. Damn.

FWIW - You might be worth a trip to your store or a phone call to it.  I think the online stock indicator suppresses some things in order to help manage their retail stores.  When I was in my local store yesterday, they were figuratively drowning in these controllers, but the website said they were "UNAVAILABLE" at the location. 

Posted Image

#21 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5403 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Wii fit U requires 2 of these remotes for one player. You can't use the regular wii remotes on a lot of games, you have to have the remote with the motion plus built in or you have to have the Wii remote with motion plus adapter.

I assume if you want to use the racing wheel in Mario Kart 8 that you will need a motion plus remote, and in this case the wii remote with the motion plus adapter won't fit in the racing wheels (unless you have the one racing wheel I have that actually holds it). Otherwise, I assume Mario Kart supports all the other controllers as well. The game isn't out yet so I really don't know.

Its much better to get the remotes with the motion plus built in since if you are using the motion plus adapter, the adapter makes the remote very unwieldy to hold.

#22 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

What? We can argue about the semantics of the colors all day but I wouldn't classify what I have on either of my Wiimotes as brown. It is just barely a shade or two darker than the red on my Mario Wiimote and the Luigi Wiimote matches it perfectly. It certainly doesn't match the color shoes on any art I've seen.

And the B button isn't where shoes would go anyways........ but that's still beside the point that it looks like crap on the Green one.

That's brown. Have you ever done a color blindness test?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#23 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10051 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

FWIW - You might be worth a trip to your store or a phone call to it.  I think the online stock indicator suppresses some things in order to help manage their retail stores.  When I was in my local store yesterday, they were figuratively drowning in these controllers, but the website said they were "UNAVAILABLE" at the location. 

Yeah, I have to run out by a BBY later today, so I'll drop in and see.

EDIT: Looks like they're back in-stock for shipping.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#24 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43233 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

I ordered one earlier and didn't notice the 15% off deal with the game...they shipped it.  You guys think if I call I can add a game and get the 15% discount?

Don't have a Wii U, but plan to have one by X-Mas this year for sure if not sooner.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#25 rcerboss  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

That's brown. Have you ever done a color blindness test?

And I'm telling you the B buttons on mine are a darker red, not brown.  The 1 and 2 buttons on both are brown, no questions there.

I bought them from the same store at the same time so maybe I got a bad shipment or something?  But that's certainly not brown.  I did look and try to find some photos of the backs of these remotes with no luck, so I have no way to see what they should look like.  If someone here would be kind enough to post I would appreciate it, thanks.

#26 qualityman13  

qualityman13

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

This will go good with my new WiiU, thanks for sharing OP

Want 20% off games at Best Buy? Click here. http://www.cheapassg...t-buy-discount/
Free Amazon Prime For 3 Months (Enjoy Free Two day Shipping)
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#27 Ragnorok64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Ragnorok64

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

$54 for DKC:TF and a Wii Remote+. Not bad. Do I need either? No. Did I still order them? Obvs.

Wait, how'd you get them down to this price?

#28 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8976 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

hopefully this in-stock at the BB i plan to visit today...

Garrus_Lannister.png

#29 RADa5AURU5   CAGa5AURU5 CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

RADa5AURU5

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

Wait, how'd you get them down to this price?

20% off the game with GCU, 15% off accessory with game purchase.

#30 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8976 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Not in stock at my BB but the Mario wiimote is $34.99 in store.

Garrus_Lannister.png