Wii/Wii U Luigi Remote Plus $25.99 at Best Buy

Thanks OP. I was just in Best Buy and they had dozens of the Mario wiimotes, but not a single Luigi. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on this.

Good price.  Combine it with a game purchase to get an extra 15% off to make it $22.  Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a good choice this week.  Or the Walking Dead GOTY for $10 if you have xbox or ps3.

Don't need but will keep it with the mario one for collection purposes.

Pro controller is also on sale for $40.99 and wii u transport case is $18.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good price. Combine it with a game purchase to get an extra 15% off to make it $22. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a good choice this week. Or the Walking Dead GOTY for $10 if you have xbox or ps3.

Don't need but will keep it with the mario one for collection purposes.

Pro controller is also on sale for $40.99 and wii u transport case is $18.99.
Is it automatic in cart or do you need a code?

Id get walking dead. I beat it already but i had the previous version and might as well pay a couple bucks extra than the 400 days dlc alone and get the physical copy. Might as well get the Luigi remote since I dont have a motion plus controller and going to start playing my Wiiu more soon.

15% off accessories is automatic when you have both in cart.  Walking Dead price requires you to have the free gamers club for the $10 off coupon to be active to make it $12 or $10 for gcu.

15% off accessories is automatic when you have both in cart. Walking Dead price requires you to have the free gamers club for the $10 off coupon to be active to make it $12 or $10 for gcu.
Cool ill order them when I get home then since I am the rewards/gamer club free member. Thanks.

Just hope my save from the previous walking dead retail version will allow me to play the 400 days and not start allover again.

Best Buy shows this as a clearance. Are they getting rid of these everywhere?

Either way, thanks OP. Had a $5 gift card and $5 reward certificate. Also purchased the new Donkey Kong. Great deal.

Not many games require or even use the wii motion plus stuff, right?  Just trying to decide if there is a benefit to snagging one of these and upgrading an old, non motion plus controller if it is still working. 

Not many games require or even use the wii motion plus stuff, right? Just trying to decide if there is a benefit to snagging one of these and upgrading an old, non motion plus controller if it is still working.
do you plan on getting a wii u at all in the future? if so some the games that use the wii mote on wii u will require a motion plus one such as some the nintendoland games and Mario and sonic Olympics on the wii u and wii sports club and I know a few wii games do require it as well

do you plan on getting a wii u at all in the future? if so some the games that use the wii mote on wii u will require a motion plus one such as some the nintendoland games and Mario and sonic Olympics on the wii u and wii sports club and I know a few wii games do require it as well
Thanks for the info!

Yeah I have a Wii U, but I haven't followed which games will require it in the future. If Mario Kart is one of them, I will want to pick one of these controllers up. Otherwise I have the gamepad and two of the 'pro' controllers.

Aw shit that's a great deal OP.  I already bought this way back when or I'd be all over it now....

A word to the wise:  Anybody who's OCD about their controller colors matching should know that Nintendo couldn't be bothered to produce a green B button for this Wiimote.  It's got the same fucking red button the Mario Wiimote has.  The controller looks great from the front but it really does look like shit from the back/sides and it does bug the hell out of me when I use it.

But it works, and if that's all you are looking for then this is a fine deal.

Last edited:
Aw shit that's a great deal OP. I already bought this way back when or I'd be all over it now....

A word to the wise: Anybody who's OCD about their controller colors matching should know that Nintendo couldn't be bothered to produce a green B button for this Wiimote. It's got the same fucking red button the Mario Wiimote has. The controller looks great from the front but it really does look like shit from the back/sides and it does bug the hell out of me when I use it.

But it works, and if that's all you are looking for then this is a fine deal.
red B button?

no, i have one if these and the B button is Brown, color of their shoes. I thought it was that way on both the mario and luigi, but I haven't actually seen a mario remote

red B button?

no, i have one if these and the B button is Brown, color of their shoes. I thought it was that way on both the mario and luigi, but I haven't actually seen a mario remote
What? We can argue about the semantics of the colors all day but I wouldn't classify what I have on either of my Wiimotes as brown. It is just barely a shade or two darker than the red on my Mario Wiimote and the Luigi Wiimote matches it perfectly. It certainly doesn't match the color shoes on any art I've seen.

And the B button isn't where shoes would go anyways........ but that's still beside the point that it looks like crap on the Green one.

Last edited:
I had a luigi remote and currently have a mario one. The B button and the 1 and 2 buttons are all brown.

OOS and none available around me or down near my mom's in FL. Damn.
FWIW - You might be worth a trip to your store or a phone call to it. I think the online stock indicator suppresses some things in order to help manage their retail stores. When I was in my local store yesterday, they were figuratively drowning in these controllers, but the website said they were "UNAVAILABLE" at the location.

Wii fit U requires 2 of these remotes for one player. You can't use the regular wii remotes on a lot of games, you have to have the remote with the motion plus built in or you have to have the Wii remote with motion plus adapter.

I assume if you want to use the racing wheel in Mario Kart 8 that you will need a motion plus remote, and in this case the wii remote with the motion plus adapter won't fit in the racing wheels (unless you have the one racing wheel I have that actually holds it). Otherwise, I assume Mario Kart supports all the other controllers as well. The game isn't out yet so I really don't know.

Its much better to get the remotes with the motion plus built in since if you are using the motion plus adapter, the adapter makes the remote very unwieldy to hold.

What? We can argue about the semantics of the colors all day but I wouldn't classify what I have on either of my Wiimotes as brown. It is just barely a shade or two darker than the red on my Mario Wiimote and the Luigi Wiimote matches it perfectly. It certainly doesn't match the color shoes on any art I've seen.

And the B button isn't where shoes would go anyways........ but that's still beside the point that it looks like crap on the Green one.
That's brown. Have you ever done a color blindness test?

FWIW - You might be worth a trip to your store or a phone call to it. I think the online stock indicator suppresses some things in order to help manage their retail stores. When I was in my local store yesterday, they were figuratively drowning in these controllers, but the website said they were "UNAVAILABLE" at the location.
Yeah, I have to run out by a BBY later today, so I'll drop in and see.

EDIT: Looks like they're back in-stock for shipping.

I ordered one earlier and didn't notice the 15% off deal with the game...they shipped it.  You guys think if I call I can add a game and get the 15% discount?

Don't have a Wii U, but plan to have one by X-Mas this year for sure if not sooner.

That's brown. Have you ever done a color blindness test?
And I'm telling you the B buttons on mine are a darker red, not brown. The 1 and 2 buttons on both are brown, no questions there.

I bought them from the same store at the same time so maybe I got a bad shipment or something? But that's certainly not brown. I did look and try to find some photos of the backs of these remotes with no luck, so I have no way to see what they should look like. If someone here would be kind enough to post I would appreciate it, thanks.

Last edited:
When I picked up my Wii Fit U Meter earlier today at Best Buy I noticed they had around five or so of the Luigi Green Wii Remote w/Nintendo Land bundles for $49.99 each. Not as good as the $30 Newegg deal last week but still, it's better than the $69.99 or whatever price this particular bundle goes for. Plus I'd imagine it'd stack with the 20% off GCU, making it $39.99. Not too shabby.

When I picked up my Wii Fit U Meter earlier today at Best Buy I noticed they had around five or so of the Luigi Green Wii Remote w/Nintendo Land bundles for $49.99 each. Not as good as the $30 Newegg deal last week but still, it's better than the $69.99 or whatever price this particular bundle goes for. Plus I'd imagine it'd stack with the 20% off GCU, making it $39.99. Not too shabby.
Funny you mention this:
I couldn't find the Luigi Wiimote at my local Best Buy, so after going to a second one (which was just on the way to the movies). I settled for that bundle, because I didn't want the trip to be an absolute waste & was buying the Walking Dead GOTY anyway.
The 15% off an accessory with the purchase of a game was applied! I paid about $43 for it. Not bad. With GCU it might be cheaper. I am not sure if the 15% of will apply with just the bundle but it's worth a shot.

Funny you mention this:
I couldn't find the Luigi Wiimote at my local Best Buy, so after going to a second one (which was just on the way to the movies). I settled for that bundle, because I didn't want the trip to be an absolute waste & was buying the Walking Dead GOTY anyway.
The 15% off an accessory with the purchase of a game was applied! I paid about $43 for it. Not bad. With GCU it might be cheaper. I am not sure if the 15% of will apply with just the bundle but it's worth a shot.
Excellent! Glad you got the bundle and at the discount! :D

And I'm telling you the B buttons on mine are a darker red, not brown. The 1 and 2 buttons on both are brown, no questions there.

I bought them from the same store at the same time so maybe I got a bad shipment or something? But that's certainly not brown. I did look and try to find some photos of the backs of these remotes with no luck, so I have no way to see what they should look like. If someone here would be kind enough to post I would appreciate it, thanks.
Post a pic of your remote.

My Wii U already shipped and is due here Friday!!! :booty:

Of course, it's being shipped FedEx which means if I'm not home they'll just leave it on my front door where it'll get stolen.

Post a pic of your remote.
im curious as hell about this too after seeing the random bump

My Wii U already shipped and is due here Friday!!! :booty:

Of course, it's being shipped FedEx which means if I'm not home they'll just leave it on my front door where it'll get stolen.
Mine will be here tomorrow hahaha

It shipped from like 5 minutes away from my apt. Would have been easier to just go pick it up.

bread's done
Back