* * * * - 7 votes

The Guided Fate Paradox - $29.99 at Amazon.

#1 NewportBox100s   Banned Banned   796 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

NewportBox100s

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ed fate paradox

Whether it comes with the soundtrack remains to be seen. However, I can say that I ordered Time & Eternity from Amazon months after it's release for 20 bucks, and it indeed included the soundtrack..

#2 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

game is garbage

#3 C-Zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1081 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

game is garbage

Compared to what?

Did you like any of the Disgaea games?

#4 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

:o I'll check YouTube first.

#5 xFatalFlaw   Dango Daikazoku! CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

xFatalFlaw

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

I think this might be the new MSRP? Could be wrong but thanks OP! :) Will wait a bit until it hits $20 at least :P

game is garbage

Thanks for your excellent insight.

#6 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9454 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Looks like the new MSRP the way it is listed?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Game is pretty good. I'm waiting for $19.99. 

#8 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   591 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Be careful game is out of print. Grabbed one.

#9 orcishlad   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

orcishlad

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

Ack, I wish I had more spending money at the moment. I'd be all over this!

#10 cbellevie  

cbellevie

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Gamestop has marked used copies of this as $22.49 for PUR members. With that $3 coupon Kongregate, after tax, I got this for $21 and change. The copy I got was like new, so if you have nothing against used, this might be worth checking out.

#11 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   4848 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I'd probably get Time and Eternity before this, despite reviews.  Just not that good at tactical role playing games.

#12 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

I think this might be the new MSRP? Could be wrong but thanks OP! :) Will wait a bit until it hits $20 at least :P

Thanks for your excellent insight.

Looks like the new MSRP the way it is listed?

it is new msrp I just checked amazon has over a 1000 copies and gamestop and fry both has it as well all three at the same 29.99

#13 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

game is garbage

Im willing to bet good money you haven't even played it.

#14 stryk187   Success! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

stryk187

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

game is garbage

Nuh uh. Game is great. You become God by winning the lottery... at a mall. And every weapon you equip on your "angels" (units) has its own individual sprite, and you can have a combination of items.

And this:

original.jpg?w=600&h

PSN / Xbox Live / Steam / Nintendo Network - stryk187

ach.png

#15 Treyvalyn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Treyvalyn

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

game is garbage

Your insight and argument is so thorough and detailed and has so passionately swayed my decision on this game. *end sarcasm*

http://www.amazon.co...ed fate paradox

Whether it comes with the soundtrack remains to be seen. However, I can say that I ordered Time & Eternity from Amazon months after it's release for 20 bucks, and it indeed included the soundtrack..

I can't speak for the Amazon version but I bought the one from Gamefly and it included the soundtrack and is going for $24.99. I got lucky with my 10% and had a $5 certificate so got for $18 after taxes.

"You play to win the game!!" - Herman Edwards

My CAG Game Collection
http://www.cheapassg...es.php?u=131903

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 RikuXIII  

RikuXIII

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

Looking forward to getting this game for $20 some day. I love disgaea so this game will be an awesome time sink lol disgaea like RPGs are like pokemon games, 100hours in and you probably have barley done 1/3 of what the game has to offer lol

#17 Vap   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

Looking forward to getting this game for $20 some day. I love disgaea so this game will be an awesome time sink lol disgaea like RPGs are like pokemon games, 100hours in and you probably have barley done 1/3 of what the game has to offer lol

That's part of the reason I can't get into these games, or open world RPGs like Skyrim or Dragon Age. I love them, and want to play the hell out them, but I don't really have the time or patience for it. I could always just do the main quest, yet when I do that I feel like I'm missing out on so much from the game. I feel like I can't win with these games, lol.

#18 NewportBox100s   Banned Banned   796 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

NewportBox100s

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Game will be fun.

#19 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Don't like the look of the main character but the trailer that mentions you can customize your angels with jiggly parts.. @$%$@ lunch this week.. I'm buying this game!!

#20 crowbb   Watch out for snakes CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

I already bought this about a month ago so no need for me to grab it, but I can vouch for it being good if you like roguelikes.  It's kind of Disgaea graphics style meets the Azure Dreams kind of light-Roguelike.  It's been very enjoyable.  The story is completely insane but unimportant for this kind of game anyway.

You do change appearance based on what you have equipped, but it's pretty light on the suggestive material if that is the reason for getting/not getting it.  It's more like, look!  A gun toting, crab claw having monster with a jetpack and mermaid tail!  At least I have not seen a lot of suggestive material outside of the occasional joke in a cutscene and every word that comes out of one character's mouth.  I didn't beat it yet, having gotten distracted by a certain dungeon that I am repeating over and over to get better loot but I have seen a good 75% of the equippable items.

#21 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Don't like the look of the main character but the trailer that mentions you can customize your angels with jiggly parts.. @$%$@ lunch this week.. I'm buying this game!!

Well you just sold me on it...

#22 RikuXIII  

RikuXIII

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

That's part of the reason I can't get into these games, or open world RPGs like Skyrim or Dragon Age. I love them, and want to play the hell out them, but I don't really have the time or patience for it. I could always just do the main quest, yet when I do that I feel like I'm missing out on so much from the game. I feel like I can't win with these games, lol.

As a college student working on an engineering degree I feel your pain, but for now I still have myself convinced I will have time after I graduate. I have sworn to myself I can't a ps4 until I finish all my ps2 and 3 games...hopefully i can pull it off lol I waited until 2011 for the ps 3, I can wait a while on the ps4.

#23 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

So this game is like Disgaea? Is it grindy like Disgaea? I tried playing Disgaea, but after I heard about the level cap and the amount of time some people invested in it, I figured my time is better spent on something else.

#24 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13549 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

So this game is like Disgaea? Is it grindy like Disgaea? I tried playing Disgaea, but after I heard about the level cap and the amount of time some people invested in it, I figured my time is better spent on something else.

pretty much, alot of time sink

#25 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

Aw man, I just bought this from GameFly for $25 a week ago.

You might have gotten the wrong idea about Disgaea.  The 9999 level cap and intensive grinding only come into play during the post-game.  If you only play through the main storyline, it's a 20-30 hour game with typically-leveled characters and no need for grinding.

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita/PC games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

#26 NewportBox100s   Banned Banned   796 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

NewportBox100s

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Disgaea confused the shit out of me with it's geo blocks. I couldn't make it past the 3rd tutorial!

#27 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

A bit off-topic but Disgaea D2 apparently is marked down to $30 as well. I'll wait until one of them pops up in my Gold Box and pick it up with Guided Fate Paradox so I can get free shipping. At this rate, I think I'm just collecting these games... I only got past a few maps of Disgaea 2; the same for Disgaea 4. Never bought Disgaea 3 for some reason. I only played the heck out of the first Disgaea, but definitely not a lot compared to most (maybe about 40 hours with a level 150 Laharl).

RayeKasai.png

#28 NewportBox100s   Banned Banned   796 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

NewportBox100s

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

http://www.bullmoose...x-atlus-usa-inc

$26.08 shipped, NEW.

#29 Beorach   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Disgaea confused the shit out of me with it's geo blocks. I couldn't make it past the 3rd tutorial!

That's not trying very hard for how much the game likely cost you.  If you choose to grind early levels, just pick up the "geo block" that boosts xp and do your killing in the field you toss it into...  I get a little confused as to why/when one of these items will explode as a result of another being destroyed (so I can understand your confusion somewhat).

#30 RPGLord13  

RPGLord13

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

For those curious - copy from Amazon does in fact come with soundtrack CD.