The Guided Fate Paradox - $29.99 at Amazon.

Gamestop has marked used copies of this as $22.49 for PUR members. With that $3 coupon Kongregate, after tax, I got this for $21 and change. The copy I got was like new, so if you have nothing against used, this might be worth checking out.

game is garbage
Nuh uh. Game is great. You become God by winning the lottery... at a mall. And every weapon you equip on your "angels" (units) has its own individual sprite, and you can have a combination of items.

And this:

original.jpg

game is garbage
Your insight and argument is so thorough and detailed and has so passionately swayed my decision on this game. *end sarcasm*

http://www.amazon.com/The-Guided-Fate-Paradox-Playstation-3/dp/B00BJH11D8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396730129&sr=8-1&keywords=guided+fate+paradox

Whether it comes with the soundtrack remains to be seen. However, I can say that I ordered Time & Eternity from Amazon months after it's release for 20 bucks, and it indeed included the soundtrack..
I can't speak for the Amazon version but I bought the one from Gamefly and it included the soundtrack and is going for $24.99. I got lucky with my 10% and had a $5 certificate so got for $18 after taxes.

Looking forward to getting this game for $20 some day. I love disgaea so this game will be an awesome time sink lol disgaea like RPGs are like pokemon games, 100hours in and you probably have barley done 1/3 of what the game has to offer lol

Looking forward to getting this game for $20 some day. I love disgaea so this game will be an awesome time sink lol disgaea like RPGs are like pokemon games, 100hours in and you probably have barley done 1/3 of what the game has to offer lol
That's part of the reason I can't get into these games, or open world RPGs like Skyrim or Dragon Age. I love them, and want to play the hell out them, but I don't really have the time or patience for it. I could always just do the main quest, yet when I do that I feel like I'm missing out on so much from the game. I feel like I can't win with these games, lol.

Don't like the look of the main character but the trailer that mentions you can customize your angels with jiggly parts.. @$%$@ lunch this week.. I'm buying this game!!

I already bought this about a month ago so no need for me to grab it, but I can vouch for it being good if you like roguelikes.  It's kind of Disgaea graphics style meets the Azure Dreams kind of light-Roguelike.  It's been very enjoyable.  The story is completely insane but unimportant for this kind of game anyway.

You do change appearance based on what you have equipped, but it's pretty light on the suggestive material if that is the reason for getting/not getting it.  It's more like, look!  A gun toting, crab claw having monster with a jetpack and mermaid tail!  At least I have not seen a lot of suggestive material outside of the occasional joke in a cutscene and every word that comes out of one character's mouth.  I didn't beat it yet, having gotten distracted by a certain dungeon that I am repeating over and over to get better loot but I have seen a good 75% of the equippable items.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's part of the reason I can't get into these games, or open world RPGs like Skyrim or Dragon Age. I love them, and want to play the hell out them, but I don't really have the time or patience for it. I could always just do the main quest, yet when I do that I feel like I'm missing out on so much from the game. I feel like I can't win with these games, lol.
As a college student working on an engineering degree I feel your pain, but for now I still have myself convinced I will have time after I graduate. I have sworn to myself I can't a ps4 until I finish all my ps2 and 3 games...hopefully i can pull it off lol I waited until 2011 for the ps 3, I can wait a while on the ps4.

So this game is like Disgaea? Is it grindy like Disgaea? I tried playing Disgaea, but after I heard about the level cap and the amount of time some people invested in it, I figured my time is better spent on something else.

So this game is like Disgaea? Is it grindy like Disgaea? I tried playing Disgaea, but after I heard about the level cap and the amount of time some people invested in it, I figured my time is better spent on something else.
pretty much, alot of time sink

Aw man, I just bought this from GameFly for $25 a week ago.

You might have gotten the wrong idea about Disgaea. The 9999 level cap and intensive grinding only come into play during the post-game. If you only play through the main storyline, it's a 20-30 hour game with typically-leveled characters and no need for grinding.

A bit off-topic but Disgaea D2 apparently is marked down to $30 as well. I'll wait until one of them pops up in my Gold Box and pick it up with Guided Fate Paradox so I can get free shipping. At this rate, I think I'm just collecting these games... I only got past a few maps of Disgaea 2; the same for Disgaea 4. Never bought Disgaea 3 for some reason. I only played the heck out of the first Disgaea, but definitely not a lot compared to most (maybe about 40 hours with a level 150 Laharl).

Disgaea confused the shit out of me with it's geo blocks. I couldn't make it past the 3rd tutorial!
That's not trying very hard for how much the game likely cost you. If you choose to grind early levels, just pick up the "geo block" that boosts xp and do your killing in the field you toss it into... I get a little confused as to why/when one of these items will explode as a result of another being destroyed (so I can understand your confusion somewhat).

Geoblocks made Disgaea so much fun to play. So many combinations to exercise the mind, love it.

Although once you get to lv300+, you can pretty much power through most geoblocks.

I've got every game in the Disgaea series, even the psp rehashes, and isn't a few "disgaea type games" enough.  If you want that feel go play DIsgaea.  I don't  understand the facination especially when this game is suppose to have a weak story.  Is there something new in this that Disgaea hasn't done.  I'm hoping Witch and the Hundred Knights drops to around 20-30 so I can pick that up.

just a heads up to those getting it from Best Buy.. mine came in and did NOT have the soundtrack =(

I picked up the last new copy at a Gamestop on Wednesday night for $29.99. It was gutted, but still did come with the soundtrack CD. If you really want the soundtrack CD and the game is available new at a Gamestop near you, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I received my copy from Best Buy today and it DID come with the soundtrack CD! Pretty happy about that since I got it cheaper with GCU.

It was the English/French version in crappy shrinkwrap, if there's even a non-French version out there.

Sucks that Kenshindono's BB copy didn't have the soundtrack. Guess I got lucky there.

FYI this is on sale again from Gamefly (albeit used) and my copy I purchased like this came with soundtrack. The price is $19.99. Again just an FYI.

My order from Bullmoose came with the soundtrack, if anyone just has to have it. The CD case came crooked though.

bread's done
Back