* * * * - 3 votes

Best Buy DotD Thread: Select Movies on Bluray ($19.99-$49.99)

#1 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hey guys,

Blu-Rays and DVDs tend to pop up on sale as the Deal of the Day every now and then at Best Buy. Instead of making a separate thread everytime a movie or TV Series is featured as the DotD, I decided to just consolidate them all into one thread. I will always submit a lower price to Amazon for any DotD featured here, I recommend those people who have Amazon credit or prefer buying from Amazon do the same.

Deal of the Day for June 20th, 2015.

Select Movies on Bluray starting at $19.99.
Price: $19.99-$49.99
Link: http://www.bestbuy.c...ray-disc-141316

DotD Overview Page: http://www.bestbuy.c...l-pi-day-136489

Past DotD
Spoiler

#2 haruky   Vengeance. CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Awesome idea! Thanks!

#3 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1619 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

I felt like it was cheaper before like 9.99

#4 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

I felt like it was cheaper before like 9.99

It was during the holidays. Lately, BB has been rolling out a bunch of "Second Best" prices on some of those items...

#5 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Tempted by the Back to the Future trilogy for $30 on Blu and if I was willing to spend so much I'd be interested in the Stargate Atlantis complete series for $68 as well for today's sale. 

#6 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12218 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

im waiting for transformers collection to hit 25$ or so

#7 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

Thread updated with today's DotD, should have probably bumped it a tad earlier.

#8 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12218 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

omg its ferngully .... i mean avatar !!!!

#9 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

Sick. Still up so I'm grabbing one. Thanks OP.

#10 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

omg its ferngully .... i mean avatar !!!!

No youre thinking of dances with wolves.

#11 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Bunch of Star Wars stuff on sale today.  Sow what all is the difference between "The Complete Saga" and the individual trilogies?  From the looks of it the saga has all the movies on separate disc and some bonus stuff?

#12 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Bunch of Star Wars stuff on sale today.  Sow what all is the difference between "The Complete Saga" and the individual trilogies?  From the looks of it the saga has all the movies on separate disc and some bonus stuff?

Thanks for the heads up, been too busy watching recaps of surgeries all morning to check the DotD page. I'll update OP shortly.

#13 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6638 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

It also has a really nice packaging IMO. Though some people dislike the prequels so they opt for OT. I just did a marathon a few days ago and saw all 6 movies in one day and honestly there are certainly issues with the prequels, but they are not as terrible as people make them out to be IMO. OT is certainly better, but the prequels are not a crime against humanity that some fans would like most to believe.

#14 haruky   Vengeance. CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

It also has a really nice packaging IMO. Though some people dislike the prequels so they opt for OT. I just did a marathon a few days ago and saw all 6 movies in one day and honestly there are certainly issues with the prequels, but they are not as terrible as people make them out to be IMO. OT is certainly better, but the prequels are not a crime against humanity that some fans would like most to believe.

Agreed. In fact, I enjoyed Episode 3 more than I enjoyed Episode 6. But in the end, IV and V are still better than both of em by a long shot. 

#15 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Anybody know which Lego Star Wars movie has Darth Maul in it?  I remember that one being really funny and Darth Maul cracked me up.

Edit: Nevermind.  Found it - The Empire Strikes Out

#16 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Is this an a good price for the complete saga? My brain is saying that the complete saga has been $50ish before but I cant pinpoint when.

#17 Joelid  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the Lego Star wars deals. Gonna pick a couple up

#18 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

Is this an a good price for the complete saga? My brain is saying that the complete saga has been $50ish before but I cant pinpoint when.

It hasn't been $50 yet...but this deal is a rip off

just go with amazon UK if you are so inclined $20 less and better disc art!

http://www.cheapassg...pped-amazon-uk/

#19 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

It hasn't been $50 yet...but this deal is a rip off

just go with amazon UK if you are so inclined $20 less and better disc art!

http://www.cheapassg...pped-amazon-uk/

Except of course that is a region B set and not a "no region" set...

I was really torn by the complete set on Blu Ray today, was in store looking at it and just couldn't make up my mind. Decided not to (the site had me thinking it was a slightly better deal with the MSRP of like $149 or whatever). In the end knowing this is really only $10 off I decided to hold out, it does look like a pretty solid little set and while I wish the original theatrical versions were on it, or that we'd finally get a proper transfer of the originals, I will totally wind up getting this in the $50-$60 range but for now I'll live.

#20 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

Except of course that is a region B set and not a "no region" set...

I was really torn by the complete set on Blu Ray today, was in store looking at it and just couldn't make up my mind. Decided not to (the site had me thinking it was a slightly better deal with the MSRP of like $149 or whatever). In the end knowing this is really only $10 off I decided to hold out, it does look like a pretty solid little set and while I wish the original theatrical versions were on it, or that we'd finally get a proper transfer of the originals, I will totally wind up getting this in the $50-$60 range but for now I'll live.

Well I thought that was true for a second until the guys at Blu-Ray.com proved me wrong, apparently that's a typo on the amazon page it is in fact region free.

http://forum.blu-ray...d.php?p=9146595

Read last  few posts, there are even pictures to support the region free statement

#21 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

Well I thought that was true for a second until the guys at Blu-Ray.com proved me wrong, apparently that's a typo on the amazon page it is in fact region free.

http://forum.blu-ray...d.php?p=9146595

Read last  few posts, there are even pictures to support the region free statement

Personally, with how much Amazon merges information for Star Wars blu ray releases I'd weary to take the chance but good information to have.

#22 AllFrankedUp   shhhhh. CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

AllFrankedUp

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

Picked up the whole saga today. Didn't own them on Blu or DVD, so why the Fuck not. 

#23 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Damnit why cant they release a blu ray with the original theatrical cuts in them?

At least I picked up the dvds when they came out of the SE that had the extra disc with the theatrical cuts on them.

#24 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13138 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:44 AM

the Blu-Ray Complete Saga was $60 a couple months ago from both BB and Amazon, it will hit that price again if you're willing to wait a bit.

#25 Fluffy177   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Fluffy177

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:44 AM

$10 savings is hardly worth jumping on it.

#26 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7582 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Damnit why cant they release a blu ray with the original theatrical cuts in them?

At least I picked up the dvds when they came out of the SE that had the extra disc with the theatrical cuts on them.

With really subpar transfer of the laserdisc of the originals since GL lies and says there are no better versions left after making the SE. We might get something official thats better now that Disney has them.

www.originaltrilogy.com

#27 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

With really subpar transfer of the laserdisc of the originals since GL lies and says there are no better versions left after making the SE. We might get something official thats better now that Disney has them.

www.originaltrilogy.com

But fox still owns the original trilogy don't they?

#28 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49869 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Can we please spoiler the non-current/past DoTD items?  It makes reading the OP a bit of an issue with too much clutter.

#29 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

Can we please spoiler the non-current/past DoTD items? It makes reading the OP a bit of an issue with too much clutter.

Even the current dotd is too cluttered.

We dont need to know about special features, pictures of the covers, different price breakdowns and such. Just say what it is, the deals price and a link to it. Thats it because thats all we care about.

#30 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

Can we please spoiler the non-current/past DoTD items? It makes reading the OP a bit of an issue with too much clutter.

Great suggestion, I have gone ahead and updated the OP.

Even the current dotd is too cluttered.
We dont need to know about special features, pictures of the covers, different price breakdowns and such. Just say what it is, the deals price and a link to it. Thats it because thats all we care about.

I most definitely agree with the cover picture, I stopped implementing the picture after the first DotD. I suppose the special features is also something that can definitely be cut out. As far as the price is concerned, I personally like comparing the Best Buy prices with those from Amazon to see which option is cheaper. The reason I setup all the different price breakdowns is so you guys can see them at a quick glance, but if you guys prefer just having the name, price, and link to the product then that is something that is very doable.

Thanks for the suggestion guys.