* * * * - 3 votes

Best Buy DotD Thread: Select Movies on Bluray ($19.99-$49.99)

#31 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

I for one don't mind the Amazon price being listed so I can compare the two quickly, but I agree on removing the special features listings.

#32 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7600 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

But fox still owns the original trilogy don't they?

Despite The Walt Disney Company's 2012 purchase of Lucasfilm Ltd. and the release rights to all future Star Wars films, Fox still retrains original distribution rights to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope "in perpetuity" in all media worldwide. Fox also retains theatrical, nontheatrical, and home video rights worldwide for the franchise's five subsequent films through May 2020, at which time ownership will transfer to Disney. This complex relationship between Fox and Disney, particularly in regards to Fox's perpetual rights to Episode IV, creates an obstacle for any future boxed set comprising all nine films.[1]

From wookiepedia. Yea forgot about that bit, but since GL doesnt really have any say over it now, maybe fox will do the fans a solid and release the GOUT on blu ray. It'd sell a lot and make them a ton.

#33 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Today's DOTD: Veronica Mars Seasons 1-3 DVDs - $7.99 each

#34 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

Despite The Walt Disney Company's 2012 purchase of Lucasfilm Ltd. and the release rights to all future Star Wars films, Fox still retrains original distribution rights to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope "in perpetuity" in all media worldwide. Fox also retains theatrical, nontheatrical, and home video rights worldwide for the franchise's five subsequent films through May 2020, at which time ownership will transfer to Disney. This complex relationship between Fox and Disney, particularly in regards to Fox's perpetual rights to Episode IV, creates an obstacle for any future boxed set comprising all nine films.[1]

From wookiepedia. Yea forgot about that bit, but since GL doesnt really have any say over it now, maybe fox will do the fans a solid and release the GOUT on blu ray. It'd sell a lot and make them a ton.

Does seem like a great opportunity for both companies to make a lot of money. Sooner or later it will happen. In the meantime I'm not in a deathly need to own them.

Beat me to it. 

#35 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Today's DOTD: Veronica Mars Seasons 1-3 DVDs - $7.99 each

I have gone ahead and edited the OP with today's deal, thanks. I have also made the OP a Wiki since some days I am stuck in lab or the hospital all day and may not get a chance to check the DotD until I get home, so anyone is free to edit the OP and add in the DotD.

#36 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

I have gone ahead and edited the OP with today's deal, thanks. I have also made the OP a Wiki since some days I am stuck in lab or the hospital all day and may not get a chance to check the DotD until I get home, so anyone is free to edit the OP and add in the DotD.

Thanks, but FYI, I'm pretty sure only the OP can update the thread title.

#37 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

Basically...spend ~$35 to get all three seasons and the new movie for VM. Worth it.

#38 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3339 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Basically...spend ~$35 to get all three seasons and the new movie for VM. Worth it.

Indeed.  I bought these seasons at deepdiscount when they were $10 a set and thought that was a deal.  Plan to pick up the movie ... debating whether to get it on blu ... hd has spoiled me.

#39 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

Indeed.  I bought these seasons at deepdiscount when they were $10 a set and thought that was a deal.  Plan to pick up the movie ... debating whether to get it on blu ... hd has spoiled me.

Same. I got all three seasons recently brand new for $20 from BB thanks to a partial glitch on one of their coupons. I like consistency to have at least the same format across the entirety of the series...but since Blu's $5 more...it makes me wonder if I should jump or stick with dirt cheap DVD.

#40 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Updated OP with today's deal of the day, Explosive Action 4-Pack (DVD), Action 4-Pack (DVD), Action Comedy 4-Pack (DVD), Steve Austin Double Feature (DVD) - $9.99 each

#41 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

• Worst DOTD ever!

#42 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Updated OP with DotD for May 28th, 2014.

#43 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Amazon price matched these if anyone cares.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

Amazon price matched these if anyone cares.

No, they didn't.  I am looking all over hoping Amazon would PM then and they haven't.....

#45 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

No, they didn't.  I am looking all over hoping Amazon would PM then and they haven't.....

Yes, they did.  Really.

#46 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

Id get these in store at Best Buy to make sure you get the $8 ticket for XMen DOFP

#47 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

That's a great price on the X-men & Wolverine box set.  Every X-men movie released on Blu so far in one collection?  I spent way more than $24.99 to get all six of those movies!  Though the version of The Wolverine included in this set is just the standard, 2D version (not 3D or the Unrated Unleashed Extended Super Awesome version), if anyone cares.

#48 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Went ahead and placed an in-store pickup order for the X-men & Wolverine box set. I already had the original trilogy on DVD, but I figure now is a good enough time to upgrade.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Yes, they did.  Really.

Then post a link please, it would really help me out since Best Buy won't do site to store for the Quadrilogy and Amazon is much more convenient for me anyways.  Because the prices it's showing me for the Trilogy/Quadrilogy blu ray sets are several dollars higher than the DOTD.  For the same price, I'd obviously like the Quadrilogy, I already have 1st Class on Blu-Ray but I could give it away to a friend.  But I'm about to give up and just settle for the Trilogy.

Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.co...ds=xmen trilogy

That's a great price on the X-men & Wolverine box set.  Every X-men movie released on Blu so far in one collection?  I spent way more than $24.99 to get all six of those movies!  Though the version of The Wolverine included in this set is just the standard, 2D version (not 3D or the Unrated Unleashed Extended Super Awesome version), if anyone cares.

I got the 3D version.  I haven't watched it in 3D yet because I wanted to see the extended version first.  I'd seen the theatrical way back when it first came out in theaters and definately saw where they'd expanded on a couple of scenes, but I didn't notice anything extra in terms of violence.  Maybe I just missed something?  Either way, the expanded version certainly added to the plot.

Id get these in store at Best Buy to make sure you get the $8 ticket for XMen DOFP

That's a good point, I didn't think of that.  I guess if Amazon doesn't update in the next hour I'll try a pickup with the movie money.  I already got $8 from Predator 3D, but I suppose I can still give the 2nd coupon away.

Edit:  No movie money :(  I did check the end racks and whatnot, but there was nothing.

#50 numchuk nate   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

numchuk nate

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Amazon did match the 6-pack this morning but has since raised the price. I had also checked on the 4-pack but couldn't find it on Amazon. It looks like they only stock the DVD version (and they call it the X-Men Experience, not Quadrilogy).

Ended up ordering the 4-pack from BB. Thanks OP.

#51 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

Do these sets happen to have UV copy vouchers tucked away inside that they don't mention on the packaging?

#52 tyron3biggum5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

tyron3biggum5

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

Do these sets happen to have UV copy vouchers tucked away inside that they don't mention on the packaging?

The Trilogy BD set has iTunes copies, the Quadriogy set is missing those and the bonus discs. I'm not sure about the X-Men & Wolverine set.

#53 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

The Trilogy BD set has iTunes copies, the Quadriogy set is missing those and the bonus discs. I'm not sure about the X-Men & Wolverine set.

My X-Men & Wolverine set did not have any UV codes in it.

#54 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

OP updated with current DotD for June 4th, 2014.

#55 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

OP updated with current DotD for June 4th, 2014.

WOOHOO!  In for a trilogy blu-ray, I've been DYING to review this series for my blog.

I've heard it starts off awesome and then nosedives like the Omen series did.

#56 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

Updated OP with DotD for June 6th, 2014

#57 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Wtf is spectacular now? Ive never even heard of it.

#58 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Wtf is spectacular now? Ive never even heard of it.

Neither have I, sounds like a chick-flick.

#59 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

They've changed their mind on the prices, the Blu-ray version is now 9.99 and the DVD 8.99.

This is a movie starring the woman from The Fault In Our Stars so yeah... it's pretty much a chick flick.  Supposed to be quite good though.

#60 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

They've changed their mind on the prices, the Blu-ray version is now 9.99 and the DVD 8.99.

This is a movie starring the woman from The Fault In Our Stars so yeah... it's pretty much a chick flick.  Supposed to be quite good though.

Thanks for the heads up, I've never seen Best Buy alter the prices of a DotD before... Anyways, I updated the OP to reflect the new price.