* - - - - 2 votes

Deadly Premonition 19.99 walmart ps3

#1 thao0209   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

Was at Walmart today and saw Deadly Premonition ps3 for $19.99. Grab a copy kyself . Cant wait to be disappointed.

Walmart at midway saint Paul, mn

#2 thao0209   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

http://mobile.walmar...ut-PS3/23511061

On the phone cant edit title. Wanted to add Ymmv to title

#3 emperordahc  

emperordahc

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

It's been this price in their system forever, just good luck finding a copy.
cagSig.png 515886.png

#4 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Yeah, made a thread about this last week or so when they had some in stock online.  They went OOS fast...got a few more in stock, and back OOS for good.  Going to pick my copy up from my local Fed Ex store tomorrow. Just need to finish up Far Cry 3 soon so I can start this up...been waiting a while to play this game. 

The references  to The Shining in this game is already giving me goosebumps! :)

#5 kit352   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

such an odd game.

#6 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1393 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

It was $30 in store and $20 online.  I wonder if any of my local stores finally lowered the price to $20.

#7 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

What is this game? Never heard of it.

#8 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Allow me...(there are may other videos too).

#9 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9954 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

It's a survival horror game that's literally almost certainly the most polarizing game made last generation.  I think it's brilliant, and was easily one of my very favorite games last gen.  The characters and sense of place are amazing, and the way it works, the investigation is really awesome too.

I can't get worked up right now to explain, and would say do noooooot spoil anything for yourself.

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#10 breakingcustoms   Rule The Air CAGiversary!   2762 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

my walmart still has a few copies, still rings up 29.96

596772.png

#11 DemonWithin  

DemonWithin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

I've been wanting this last I saw my Wal mart had 3 in stock for 29.99 still. May go ahead and get it.

#12 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8030 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Allow me...(there are may other videos too).

Haven't played it. Not about to watch the video right now on my phone, but lol'd at the name. Who killed...
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#13 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Wow, what a great price. I only recently heard about this game, but I want it. Too bad that it's sold out online. I'll definitely pick it up if it comes back in stock.

#14 SurgeJonnyG   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

SurgeJonnyG

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

Just saw that they were in stock on Walmart.com and ordered one via Ship-to-Store, so if anyone still wants to grab it, you may have a shot.

#15 TopsideKracker  

TopsideKracker

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

A word of warning to those you thinking of purchasing:  The PS3 version of Deadly Premonition has a few audio and framerate problems that were never fixed. 

TopsideKracker.png

#16 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1425 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

sold out again

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#17 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

In for a cancellation.

#18 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10037 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

might pick up an extra sealed copy if walmart has one, I picked up a mint one for $20 with edge savings and all

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#19 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

My local store has 4 copies, but the in-store price is $29.96. Unfortunately, they won't honor their own site, and the site won't let me buy it for in-store pickup. Looks like it isn't meant to be.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#20 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3692 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

I was able to grab one just now, apparently shipped to store seeing as the pickup date is 9 days away. Got lucky I guess.

laboy229.png

#21 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Got lucky I guess.

You'll have gotten lucky when you see the shipping confirmation. And even then... Remember, this is Walmart.com we're talking about.

#22 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

My local store has 4 copies, but the in-store price is $29.96. Unfortunately, they won't honor their own site, and the site won't let me buy it for in-store pickup. Looks like it isn't meant to be.

I'd grab one if you actually want to play it since it's OOP.  $10 extra now could save you a lot more later.

#23 xwrestling   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

xwrestling

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

For those who just want to see what all the fuss is about without needing to have a hard copy, the Director's Cut Ultimate Edition with all DLC is available on PSN for $19.99.

#24 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'd grab one if you actually want to play it since it's OOP.  $10 extra now could save you a lot more later.

I'm on the fence. I already have the Xbox 360 version still sealed in my backlog. I'm debating selling that off and going with the PS3 director's cut.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#25 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'm on the fence. I already have the Xbox 360 version still sealed in my backlog. I'm debating selling that off and going with the PS3 director's cut.

Some people like the colors/textures of the 360 version FWIW, plus it runs smoother. Using Move on the PS3 version is awesome though.

#26 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

I posted in another forum about this. The game is phenomenal for what it is. It has its flaws, sure, but it's a great game.

I purchased the complete edition with DLC on the PS Store, can care less having a physical copy. I don’t really notice what I got as far as the DLC goes, I’ll have to look into that more.

As for the game, if you’re a fan of the Twin Peaks series, you’ll love this. The entire game has this creepy/odd vibe to it. From the hotel you stay at, to the character interactions, to the main story of your character trying to solve a murder that unravels during the games intro.

The game is open world, you can drive anywhere you want but be careful because you run out of gas. You have a map but it’s extremely hard to use for the fact that you can only zoom out so far. Once you zoom out and start moving around the map to see where you need to go, there’s no way to go back to where your character icon is. So yeah, the map portion is a bit of a mess but I still look pass it and deal with it.

Some cool things to look forward to. Each section of the game has your character go to a location and find clues and with those clues that you find, you profile the crime scene and start to put together in your head what happened at that location. That’s a fun aspect because you slowly have the story unfold at each location. Some twisted stuff!

One of the missions is that you call a town meeting. All the townsfolk arrive and you give a little talk and then afterwards you walk around the lodge and talk to the residents who you haven’t met yet. All of them are a suspect of course in your characters mind until you filter through them. But you get a little back story on what they do (run the diner, town musician, owner of a gas station, etc.) Awesome mission and uneventful, but it gives the game a great vibe.

If you have any questions, I’ll be glad to answer them. I’m probably not even halfway through the game yet but I’m having a blast playing it.

SYSTEMS: Gameboy | Game gear | PS2 | N64 | Gamecube | 3DS | 3DS XL | (2) Pikachu 3DS XL | Neo Geo Gold | PSP Go | PSP Vita | Wii | WiiU | X360 | PS3

#27 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

^ Dude, the back half of the game will BLOW YOUR MIND. Best narrative in gaming, hands down. I have never had a game fuck with my head so much.

#28 Billzer  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Found the DC at walmart but it was $30. Went ahead and picked it up as I have been curious about it forever. Figured it'll only be more and more expensive and this walmart was the only one with copies left I could find.

There's 2 more copies at the walmart in Houston near greenspoint off 45.

#29 Billzer  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Found the DC at walmart but it was $30. Went ahead and picked it up as I have been curious about it forever. Figured it'll only be more and more expensive and this walmart was the only one with copies left I could find.

There's 2 more copies at the walmart in Houston near greenspoint off 45.

#30 waxHead   Resident Vinyl Junkie CAGiversary!   2814 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

In stock right now on Walmart.com:

http://www.walmart.c...ut-PS3/23511061