Deadly Premonition 19.99 walmart ps3

Yeah, made a thread about this last week or so when they had some in stock online.  They went OOS fast...got a few more in stock, and back OOS for good.  Going to pick my copy up from my local Fed Ex store tomorrow. Just need to finish up Far Cry 3 soon so I can start this up...been waiting a while to play this game. 

The references  to The Shining in this game is already giving me goosebumps! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was $30 in store and $20 online.  I wonder if any of my local stores finally lowered the price to $20.

What is this game? Never heard of it.
It's a survival horror game that's literally almost certainly the most polarizing game made last generation. I think it's brilliant, and was easily one of my very favorite games last gen. The characters and sense of place are amazing, and the way it works, the investigation is really awesome too.

I can't get worked up right now to explain, and would say do noooooot spoil anything for yourself.

Wow, what a great price. I only recently heard about this game, but I want it. Too bad that it's sold out online. I'll definitely pick it up if it comes back in stock.

Just saw that they were in stock on Walmart.com and ordered one via Ship-to-Store, so if anyone still wants to grab it, you may have a shot.

A word of warning to those you thinking of purchasing:  The PS3 version of Deadly Premonition has a few audio and framerate problems that were never fixed. 

might pick up an extra sealed copy if walmart has one, I picked up a mint one for $20 with edge savings and all

My local store has 4 copies, but the in-store price is $29.96. Unfortunately, they won't honor their own site, and the site won't let me buy it for in-store pickup. Looks like it isn't meant to be.

I was able to grab one just now, apparently shipped to store seeing as the pickup date is 9 days away. Got lucky I guess.

My local store has 4 copies, but the in-store price is $29.96. Unfortunately, they won't honor their own site, and the site won't let me buy it for in-store pickup. Looks like it isn't meant to be.
I'd grab one if you actually want to play it since it's OOP. $10 extra now could save you a lot more later.

For those who just want to see what all the fuss is about without needing to have a hard copy, the Director's Cut Ultimate Edition with all DLC is available on PSN for $19.99.

[quote name="WingsDJY" post="11680994" timestamp="1397138850"]I'm on the fence. I already have the Xbox 360 version still sealed in my backlog. I'm debating selling that off and going with the PS3 director's cut.[/quote]

Some people like the colors/textures of the 360 version FWIW, plus it runs smoother. Using Move on the PS3 version is awesome though.

I posted in another forum about this. The game is phenomenal for what it is. It has its flaws, sure, but it's a great game.

I purchased the complete edition with DLC on the PS Store, can care less having a physical copy. I don’t really notice what I got as far as the DLC goes, I’ll have to look into that more.

As for the game, if you’re a fan of the Twin Peaks series, you’ll love this. The entire game has this creepy/odd vibe to it. From the hotel you stay at, to the character interactions, to the main story of your character trying to solve a murder that unravels during the games intro.

The game is open world, you can drive anywhere you want but be careful because you run out of gas. You have a map but it’s extremely hard to use for the fact that you can only zoom out so far. Once you zoom out and start moving around the map to see where you need to go, there’s no way to go back to where your character icon is. So yeah, the map portion is a bit of a mess but I still look pass it and deal with it.

Some cool things to look forward to. Each section of the game has your character go to a location and find clues and with those clues that you find, you profile the crime scene and start to put together in your head what happened at that location. That’s a fun aspect because you slowly have the story unfold at each location. Some twisted stuff!

One of the missions is that you call a town meeting. All the townsfolk arrive and you give a little talk and then afterwards you walk around the lodge and talk to the residents who you haven’t met yet. All of them are a suspect of course in your characters mind until you filter through them. But you get a little back story on what they do (run the diner, town musician, owner of a gas station, etc.) Awesome mission and uneventful, but it gives the game a great vibe.

If you have any questions, I’ll be glad to answer them. I’m probably not even halfway through the game yet but I’m having a blast playing it.

Found the DC at walmart but it was $30. Went ahead and picked it up as I have been curious about it forever. Figured it'll only be more and more expensive and this walmart was the only one with copies left I could find.

There's 2 more copies at the walmart in Houston near greenspoint off 45.

Found the DC at walmart but it was $30. Went ahead and picked it up as I have been curious about it forever. Figured it'll only be more and more expensive and this walmart was the only one with copies left I could find.

There's 2 more copies at the walmart in Houston near greenspoint off 45.

Thanks! Was able to put in an order. I happened to be at walmart yesterday and I saw a copy on the shelf, but they refused to price match their own website, so I hope this goes through.

It is out of stock again.

I stopped by my local Wal-Mart and asked the electronics guy if he knew if they had any in the back by chance since there weren't any in the display.

His response was, "Uh, what? I've never even heard of that movie!"

This is the most annoying online game to try to buy when it is in stock for such a short amount of time.  I must have missed it at least 4 times now (there was even another occasion when I received a e-mail notification for some unknown reason, and it was OOS when I clicked the link).  Might as well waste the gas to go to the far away Walmart and pick it up for $30.

It's a survival horror game that's literally almost certainly the most polarizing game made last generation. I think it's brilliant, and was easily one of my very favorite games last gen. The characters and sense of place are amazing, and the way it works, the investigation is really awesome too.

I can't get worked up right now to explain, and would say do noooooot spoil anything for yourself.
It just plays like grinding your teeth on a chalkboard :)

As of the time I posted this, it's back in stock for online ordering at $20 (shipping is free if you pick it up in-store or at your local FedEx office).  Finally got a copy.  May not last very long based on how quickly it's gone out of stock in the past.

I loved this game! Hope the sequel happens! Doubt it though. I keep hearing conflicting reports. Oh, he's working on it, but no, he's not! Yes, he is! No he's not! A sequel's looking unlikely though. I haven't even heard anything about Dark Dreams Don't Die either.

So I'm about 4 chapters away from finishing the main missions. This is in my top 5 games I've ever played, with frame rate issues and all. So so so so so good. Soooo good.

PS- I'm designing real trading cards that you find in the game. All 65 of them. Getting them professionally printed.

This sucker is back in stock but they jacked it up to 26.00, those dirty bastards.  Have it on 360 but wanted to add the HD version to the stock pile.

bread's done
Back