Borderlands Prequel - Xbox 360

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
752-2e89bae6fa61779c6998e608754614eb.jpg

Sets place inbetween Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2. Set on Pandora's moon and Hyperion base! Set for end of this year on last-gen consoles and PC. Being developed by 2K Australia with Gearbox. Hmmm

Play as 

• Athena The Gladiator
  • Wilhelm The Enforcer
  • Nisha The Lawbringer
  • Fragtrap

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been some rustlings of a next-gen Borderlands game too IIRC. This seems like the same thing with Assassin's Creed where they're doing two totally separate projects for each gen rather than two ports of the same game.
Yeah, I don't get the Assassins Creed one either really.

Anyway, waiting till sub $20 like I have with the first 2 Borderlands, that's about my enjoyment value of the series.

Yeah, I don't get the Assassins Creed one either really.
It makes sense I think. Devs are ready to make full-fledged next-gen games that don't need to be designed with the feasibility of a last-gen port in mind. At the same time, they don't want to leave the last gen out in the cold entirely.

There's been some rustlings of a next-gen Borderlands game too IIRC. This seems like the same thing with Assassin's Creed where they're doing two totally separate projects for each gen rather than two ports of the same game.
Yeah better to focus on the strengths of each platform that way, I think it's a good compromise than a gimped game.

To tell you the truth I thought the Hyperion Base was gonna be DLC, DLC that bridged Borderlands 2 to Borderlands 3 but I can get behind this news for sure.

LOL, lots of angry people on NeoGAF who have already trashed their old consoles and are offended that games are still being made for them. :lol: Whatever.

Not interested in the slightest.
Me either. I'm done with last gen after clearing out the current backlog. Not buying anymore last gen games.

I'm not really interested in another borderlands so soon anyway. Destiny will fill my coop online shooter need.

Me either. I'm done with last gen after clearing out the current backlog. Not buying anymore last gen games.

I'm not really interested in another borderlands so soon anyway. Destiny will fill my coop online shooter need.
Everything you said is agreed upon.

That is way cool and then I see a $60 price tag, hoping that's a place holder or that they haven't talked about everything in the game yet.

those are not good examples lol...this game is coming across as a complete cash cow so far.
Just examples of the precedent. Personally I got my $60 worth out of both SR4 and Gears so to each their own I guess. I'll get this game on day 1 regardless but I wouldn't be surprised if the actual retail price ends up being $50 since it's coming out so late in the generation.

ETA: Now that I think on it I think I only paid $40 for Gears on day 1 since the Microsoft Store had a $20 gift card w/ purchase...

Eh I like the passion there but I still think it's not enough to warrant a full price tag. It is "pre-alpha footage" and stage right now so we could potentially get way more info as the game develops.

I am cool with this being developed for last gen and I have an interest. But I am not dropping $60 for it on launch. Once it hits $20, I will snag it.

Trying to figure out if I should play this before Borderlands 2.  I have BL2 in my backlog from PS+.  If I wait,  BL2 can sit in my backlog until this new prequel sequel is on sale.

2640197-borderlands.jpg

Doesn't specify campaign DLC, so it could be a mix of missions, characters, etc. Price is $30.

I'm definitely getting the game and the season pass. I can't pass up any Borderlands.

I just don't seem to care for Season Passes, especially when I pre-order game and have to buy it separately.  I'll wait for the Game of the Year edition.

I'd be all over it if it was confirmed to be all campaign DLC like with Borderlands 2. Without knowing exactly what it is I'm reluctant to commit in advance...

Got an e-mail from Gearbox with SHiFT codes for the Pre-Sequel.  Saw them posted elsewhere, so they aren't one time use codes.  They will only be good for the first week after release.

Xbox 360: KKK3J-T66J3-FZH3X-KFJJ3-JSF6R
PlayStation 3: KKK3J-T66R6-HTF5T-SBKJ3-JSFRJ 
PC/Mac/Linux: KKK3J-T66R5-BXC3T-JBJJ3-JSF9T

I have a ridiculous number of keys I redeemed but never used in Borderlands 2. I was wondering if they might carry over into TPS...

So it turns out for you Season Pass owners the 1st of the 4 planned DLCs is only a 5th character (Handsome Jack Doppelganger).  That seems like a super shady thing to do on Gearboxes part.  I have not purchased the season pass but I would have thought 4 dlc packs for the price of 3 would have meant 4 story dlcs not a character pack.

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing, but they actually were upfront that the 4 DLCs in the season pass would not all be campaigns. The original image is somewhere in the thread, it does say that the season pass DLCs will contain campaign and character DLC.

ETA:

BTPS_SeasonPass_BWS_Final3B_2.jpg

I have not been able to find the information anywhere. How are they handling the cross saves?

I sold my 360 copy when this was announced and do not even have my 360 connected anymore....

It will probably be like Diablo III and Dead or Alive 5. Meaning they will patch the 360 game with a function to upload your data to their server, and then when you start the Xbone version you'll download it. So you are probably going to need to at least rent/borrow the original 360 disc to do the transfer.

Yeah I figured that was going to be the case. Ugh.

Part of me doesn't care enough though and wouldn't mind just making a new character from scratch anyway...

bread's done
Back