"Pure Gold" Dualshock 3 Controller

OuTrAgE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I bought this on ebay because I thought it was the normal "Metallic Gold" controller, but turns out it's "Pure Gold". It's in a normal official Sony box and everything, but I have my doubts about it's legitimacy. Has Sony ever made a "Pure Gold" Dualshock 3? Or is this a well-made knockoff?

X1ke6d5.jpg

Can you tell what region its from? I'm pretty sure SCEA never released that color, but that's not to say that it wasn't from a PAL region.

Can you tell what region its from? I'm pretty sure SCEA never released that color, but that's not to say that it wasn't from a PAL region.
Nothing indicates that it's not region 1. It looks exactly like the packaging for an official Sony controller when I compare it to one of my other ones, except it does look and feel slightly different/cheaper.

After looking at that seller's feedback (which I should have done before I bought it), it looks like this isn't the first counterfeit item he's sold. I opened a case and he immediately refunded my money, so that's good.

Anyone pick up the XBox 360 chrome gold controller? Looks really nice! I got this and a purple chrome one, really like the looks on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't even opened it. I figured I'll just give it away, or use it if something happens to one of my other controllers.

bread's done
Back