Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Ultimate Warrior suddenly passed away Tuesday, April 8, 2014.  No cause of death has been released at this time.  He was 54 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb9aAXo-u78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfqV3xI8l_s

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty bummed about this. He was my #2 to Hogan when I was a kid. I remember being mad at myself when I wanted him to beat Hogan at WM VI. And then when he did, I was all about Warrior up until he left in 1992. The timing of this is really eerie. I'm glad he at least got the homecoming and closure that Macho Man never did.

I'm pretty bummed about this. He was my #2 to Hogan when I was a kid. I remember being mad at myself when I wanted him to beat Hogan at WM VI. And then when he did, I was all about Warrior up until he left in 1992. The timing of this is really eerie. I'm glad he at least got the homecoming and closure that Macho Man never did.
Yeah, man, definitely.

That's so sad... It seemed like he and Vince were finally able to bury the hatchet. I also feel really bad for his little girls. 

I wonder what the heck happened. He looked so good last night and the night before!

I was a complete Warrior mark as a kid, even going as far to paint my face like him for Halloween.  WM VI just blew my mind when he kicked out of the legdrop and ended up beating Hogan clean which was essentially unthinkable at that time.  Like harry said, at least there's the small consolation that he got a degree of professional closure.

If I had to guess, he probably had an enlarged heart due to all of the steroid abuse and died of a major heart attack. An all too common problem for wrestlers.
That wouldn't surprise me. He seemed winded just from walking to the ring last night and I was wondering if he might drop during the promo.

I'm at a loss for words, the man was on Raw less than 24 hours and now he's gone. Sure he looked a little exhausted after doing the promo and rope shaking but I think everyone would agree it was due to nervousness/excitement after not being in the ring all these years. I'm just praying that it ends up being health related and not a suicide cause that would be even more depressing.

He did seem to get worn out pretty easily even shaking the ropes last night - then again, the last several days had to be nuts for him so not surprised if he was feeling it. RIP. Got to say one last thing to everyone literally less than 24 hours before he passed.

Between this and the Bryan doc, Saturday is already feeling like ancient history. I'm glad he got to say his peace, make peace with WWE, get his side of the story out with the DVD, and go out on a high note from a public perception standpoint. It's a real tragedy for his daughters though, who he came back to the ring for five years ago and who are still really young. Given his size over the years, and him getting so blown up on Raw, I figure it was probably a heart attack. Oddly, his speech from Raw is the only thing from the show I recorded and still kept.

9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.
Yeah, sounds like it might've been his heart.

tumblr_m9onw034Ee1ree9s5o1_500.png

"The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"- His last words on Monday Night Raw.

Rest in Peace Warrior and condolences to the Warrior family.

Man.... How crazy is that? Hall of Fame on Saturday, Wrestlemania on Sunday, Raw on Monday, and dead on Tuesday. I am beyond saddened by this turn of events. Practically Solomon Grundy level of a week spent.

There is no doubt that the Ultimate Warrior was an icon. I'm just real sad that this happened so suddenly.

RIP Warrior and my sincerest condolences to his wife and 2 daughters.  

You know though, with what he believed and preached and his whole life story, his sudden passing just seems to fit his life.  Warrior wouldn't go gentle into that good night; he would make one last impact, pass on one last lesson, cement his legacy, and leave us all too soon.  

I was really upset when I found out about this and still am. Warrior was one of my favorites as a kid, and no doubt his appearances at the HOF, WrestleMania, and and then Raw just last night no doubt intensify that feeling of loss. This just sucks.

RIP Warrior. Also, for whatever reason I can't see twitter pics (such as the Zeb one) posted in chrome. Not sure why, but it's blank. I can see them in IE though. Weird.

And to think there were people that wanted Warrior to do 1 more run down to the ring shake rope stint. If he was in that bad of shape i wouldnt want to know what would happen. Has there been anyone else in the wwe where you literally just saw him not 24 hours ago and dead the next.

And to think there were people that wanted Warrior to do 1 more run down to the ring shake rope stint. If he was in that bad of shape i wouldnt want to know what would happen. Has there been anyone else in the wwe where you literally just saw him not 24 hours ago and dead the next.
Not sure. Eddie passed 2 days after his fight aired. Only one I can think of right now that was really close apart.

I think Benoit was supposed to be at a PPV on that Sunday night (but never made it), and was found dead Monday morning.

I feel like Warrior had collapsed yesterday at RAW, instead of today somewhere else, he might still be with us, like how the company medical team saved Lawler. That's the freakiest thing about this to me. One day too late.

I'm in shock and disbelief. I get home from work and on my home page I saw the headline but had to do a double take. No way he is gone after just being on Raw. It'll take all night for this to sink in.

R.I.P. Warrior

I think Benoit was supposed to be at a PPV on that Sunday night (but never made it), and was found dead Monday morning.
wouldnt call dying and killing yourself the same thing

warrior looked out of it monday night. I mean he could not shake the ropes that long. Though maybe he was just tired . guess not.. Wonder if he had a stroke or something monday or was having one. He did not even sound the same from saturday night to monday raw (speech sounded slurred in a way) Even look at his eyes in the video. They look glazzy

Saw this on the Yahoo front page when I got home from taking my daughter from school and could not believe it..... Just.... wow.

Also, this has to really put a major damper on Daniel and Brie's wedding on Friday for sure.

KillerRamen and mitch079 hit it. Clearly seems to be something heart-related, given how he appeared over the last few days (harried, sweaty, gasping for air despite little more than talking) and how he died (just straight up collapsed).

I'm not really upset. I liked him as a wrestler, but I'm not his friend. Just a dude who liked to see him on TV.

At least in his case he and Vince got to make amends, whereas Savage and Vince never had the chance.

I was a huge fan when I was a kid and I still remember that Saturday morning when The Undertaker threw him in a casket that Bearer locked up. Watching the paramedics put him on a stretcher really freaked me the fuck out. I pretty much gave up watching wrestling after that. Monday morning was filled with rumors about Ultimate Warrior being dead.

But yeah, you could tell that he was really struggling in his HoF speech.

This got buried for obvious reasons in the old post since the Warrior news happened immediately after, but don't sleep on Wyatts/Shield from Main Event. As good as their other matches and probably the best finishing sequence.

When I heard this morning I didn't believe it. Not too many celebrity deaths effect me but after it sunk in I sat on my couch with my coffee in disbelief for like 10 minutes. Damn... this really hurts

His 30 second win against the Honky Tonk Man made him my favorite as a kid. And I still remember the Summerslam he and Macho Man teamed up to create the Ultimate Maniacs. As a kid that shit was legendary to me. Two of the biggest forces making an alliance. It was unstoppable like Superman and Goku teaming up.

You may be gone, but I still feel the rush every time I play your entrance music in my mind.

Long Live The Warrior! You will be missed.

Oh no that's awful :(

Ultimate Warrior was my favorite wrestler when I watched WWE back in the days with my dad.  Loved his entrance.  One of the best of all time.  I thought he had a really good HOF speech. He was really humbled at his speech and I'm just glad he got to do it in time.  Hearing more and more old school wrestlers pass away is actually a sad reminder of what these guys sacrifice to provide for their family and fans. 

His match against Hogan was an all timer for me. I can't recall the Macho Man and UM tag team, but that's an awesome pic.

RIP Warrior

Network is doing some kind of tribute tonight, although it looks like it may just be his HoF & Raw speeches along with his Mania match against Hogan.

I got around to checking out that WCW Theme release from a week or two ago. It is without a doubt the biggest fucking ripoff bullshit theme comp release ever (and I'm someone who bought WWF The Music Vol 2 on CD when it came out).

Don't even know where to start. It's 4 "discs" of content - they manage to get the themes for Coach Buzz Stern, Mona, and Sam Grieco (whoever the fuck he is) in there, but they leave out most of the very few somewhat unique or memorable themes that they had in that company (Mortis, Wrath during his original run, Raven, NWO B-team, etc). There are mislabeled themes, themes that guys never used, three fucking versions of the Mr Wonderful theme (one with vocals, one instrumental, one slightly different instrumental, the latter two were used by The Maestro and even THAT is labeled wrong as "Gorgeous George"), two Alex Wright themes, neither of which he ever used, two versions of Madusa's theme, and the version of the Sting theme is the one from that shitty WCW CD that has voice samples of him yelling about showtime or whatever. Yeah. thing is a fucking mess. With what's actually worthwhile in there they could have cut it to two discs and still had room to spare.

The WWE release wasn't bad though. Aside from including the incredibly worthless Greg Valentine face theme, it's a decent collection. Nice to have a couple of the Piledriver songs in high quality now (ie Demolition), along with stuff that had not been released before at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back