Dualshock PS3 controller 9.99 after Rebate at Tiger Direct

ussammac

CAGiversary!
Sony DualShock 3 Black Playstation 3 Controller and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle

Item#:  2SG-102106488T  | Model#: 3040037RETAIL Bundle

Buy the bundle and with a $60 rebate makes the controller $9.99 + shipping and tax (in some states).  I believe it would require an installation/activation of the Security software on a PC to qualify for the rebate.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8699383&srkey=2SG-102106488T

UPDATE: Other CAGs have replied that no installation was needed on a similar rebate deal in the past.  Activation can be done online without an installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, one of the Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle rebate deals. Make sure to install it on a Virtual Machine everybody.

Sony DualShock 3 Black Playstation 3 Controller and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle

Item#: 2SG-102106488T | Model#: 3040037RETAIL Bundle

Buy the bundle and with a $60 rebate makes the controller $9.99 + shipping and tax (in some states). I believe it would require an installation/activation of the Security software on a PC to qualify for the rebate.

Unable to post link, copy the URL to your browser to get to the deal.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8699383&srkey=2SG-102106488T
I worked for CompUSA/TigerDirect. They offer rebates on the Total Defense stuff REGARDLESS. The software is crap, but if you can get your rebate back somehow, just get rid of it.

Why are we talking about the program it comes with? Screw the program, throw it away a $10 DS3 is insane.
The problem is, (from what I've read) you actually have to install that POS to get the rebate.

When you have to actually install a program to get a rebate, you KNOW the software is shit.

Is this available instore? There is a tigerdirect store close by and I need a new controller, also how long it takes to get the rebate back?

I bit on this deal with Madden 25 and the Total Defense Security bundle.  NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED.  I just activated it on their website with the code in the case.  Got my rebate in about a month.  Pretty smooth really.

I bit on this deal with Madden 25 and the Total Defense Security bundle. NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED. I just activated it on their website with the code in the case. Got my rebate in about a month. Pretty smooth really.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'd swear some people were claiming it actually had to be installed...

Cool, thanks for the info. I'd swear some people were claiming it actually had to be installed...
Nope. It does have to be activated, but that can be done online on their website. I never took the disc out of the case and already got my rebate.

bread's done
Back