Need for Speed Rivals

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Need for Speed Rivals
rivals.jpg

Play as a Racer or as a Cop, unlocking, upgrading and progressing your level throughout on each respected side in a connected shared racing world.

Figured I'd get a thread going as I didn't see one and search didn't pull up this game, although it did pick up the old Most Wanted threads haha. Recently grabbed this game at a deal off Gamefly. I've played almost all of the NFS games and you have to change your tactics up with this one if you're expecting to come out on top. It's been a steep learning curve for me but I think I've finally nailed how to go about the game. The main thing about Rivals is that you gain your race winnings and then bug out or you can try your hand at racing or driving recklessly more while the heat level continues to climb. As you probably already know from previous titles as your heat level increases expect the cops to call in support and change up their tactics on taking you down. Most of the time I take myself out by crashing haha. The other day though I was hit by a random racer going the opposite direction and it totaled my damaged car, then the cops busted me. I was like what the BEEP! Rage quit...

Having a lot of fun today though and I just unlocked the 2014 Mustang GT NFS Movie Car getting to Level 5 for Racer. Off to do some more objectives (the way you progress levels and through the story).

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha playing as the cops is such maniacal fun. Oh you're just cruising around, SLAM! It's on and I can't believe they give you the Mercedes Benz 63 Black for your first cop car, that thing is a beast! The only really annoying thing on this game though is that when you bring up the menu the game doesn't pause (mainly due that everyone is connected to one shared world, broken into servers of course). Host migration can also be a pain, ahh after playing Titanfall you really don't remember how much of a pain things can be when all of a sudden your game pauses and you have to wait for everyone to migrate to the stable build.

Hey Spy, would you recommend this to a very casual racing game fan? I've been interested, but if I play racing games at all, it's usually a kart racer (no, really). I did enjoy NFS the Run, though.

Hey Spy, would you recommend this to a very casual racing game fan? I've been interested, but if I play racing games at all, it's usually a kart racer (no, really). I did enjoy NFS the Run, though.
Yes, you'll enjoy it, the NFS series has always been more arcade than sim plus it's almost like Mario Kart or Blur where you get a lot of enjoyment with the use of items (in this case they're tech upgrades and equitable equipment). It's also a good game to play online with friends.

Loved this game, as I do almost all NFS ones, but I played it on PS4. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it as much as Burnout Paradise or Most Wanted but it's still very good.

Me and my friends had a blast with this. 2v2 cops vs robbers. Or we would just all go robbers and see how high of a heat level we could get before we got busted. It's insane when you get to the high heat levels and dodge multiple copters and like 15 police. This is the main reason why I was happy to get EA access as I never would have played this game without it.

bread's done
Back