New slim vita Q&A

jedi0077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I got an imported PS Vita2000 a month ago and have been using the heck out of it. If you have any questions about it just ask.

1. The battery is awesome
2. I cannot tell this screen is not as good as the OLED original. Note: I play with the brightness setting at about 90%.
3. MLB the Show 14 is great on it. lol

2 did you ever have the oled or play a lot on the oled?

All the screens I have seen make the colors look washed out.

How about some kind of trigger grips for your slim Vita? I have the PDP grip for one of my OLED Vitas and it makes the system much more comfortable to hold.

How about some kind of trigger grips for your slim Vita? I have the PDP grip for one of my OLED Vitas and it makes the system much more comfortable to hold.
I have that as well. I don't think I could do many long sessions of Vita gaming without it--especially stuff that uses the triggers. My hands cramp up. I have the same issue with the 3DSXL too--something like Mario Kart where I'm constantly using the trigger cramp up my hands after 30 minutes or so.

So that PDP trigger grip has been great for me. They're an accessory company, so I'd be surprised if they didn't put a grip out once it's released here as it wouldn't cost them much to develop and should sell just as well as it did for the original model.

I had my vita at target and I compared my uncharted to the old vitas and I really struggled to see any difference. This vita will need its own peripherals as it is smaller in every way. The Show gameplay looks like the ps3. The player models and crowd models do not lol

Considering picking up the 2000 model w/ Borderlands 2. I just traded my 1000, because I hadn't been playing it but I'm intrigued by Borderlands 2 even though I already put a lot of hours on PS3.

I am waiting to see how the finally build is, and if they announce any other Vita games before I decide. How is the back touch pad? I hear only good things about it but is it really going to be okay for using on PS4 remote play/Borderlands 2?

I play Resogun and Rayman Legends on my Vita remote play with no issues. I have never accidentally triggered the back touch pad...Yet.. lol. I keep meaning to test drive infamous and never do. Now I got the plat and prob never will without any DLC.

If you do play Infamous, or say Madden. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's one thing I miss about having a Vita was the remote play, I rarely used it but if it was programed better on the 2000 or felt more natural I would be more inclined on getting the newer model.

Infamous isn't great in remote play. Having to tap the screen for the shoulder buttons means taking a thumb off a stick and not being able to move or aim while lobbing a grenade or rocket.  Some of the side quests like audio log hints don't even show up when playing remotely as well.

Thus it looks fine and is ok for doing some of the side quests etc. But heavy combat is tough with the missing buttons and some side missions can only be done on ps4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish I knew what other games where coming out this fall. Borderlands is about the only thing that I'm interested in playing and I can't really justify buying another Vita, I do have quite the backlog from Plus but nothing I can't play on PS4, or that I could live without.

I really wish I knew what other games where coming out this fall. Borderlands is about the only thing that I'm interested in playing and I can't really justify buying another Vita, I do have quite the backlog from Plus but nothing I can't play on PS4, or that I could live without.
I'm still looking forward to Minecraft, portable minecraft with proper controls sounds fantastic to me.

Otherwise, there's a lot of JRPG type games coming out, mainly from NIS. Pretty much the same spot the PSP found itself in. I'm ok with that bough because I'm getting more into JRPG these days.

Destiny of Spirits has me hooked. Free to play but I'm close to buying in game currency. Lack of a lot of trophys has me holding back.

bread's done
Back