Best Buy sending out $5 RZ Cert emails, YMMV

Are you sure you just didn't get a RZ auto issue certificate?
Because that's what probably happened.
With that said everyone feel free to waste their time discussing this topic further.

The certificates appear to be linked to being a bonus for having a Best Buy Credit Card. I just logged into My Best Buy and that's the description it is giving me for my issued cert.

The certificates appear to be linked to being a bonus for having a Best Buy Credit Card. I just logged into My Best Buy and that's the description it is giving me for my issued cert.
See now we can call and complain about not getting it because they won't give us a credit card!

See now we can call and complain about not getting it because they won't give us a credit card!
The crazy thing is that even though the Best Buy Credit Card is solid on its rewards as long as you use it solely at Best Buy, you actually get better Cash Back with a US Bank Cash + Visa Card. Just make sure to choose "Electronics" as one of your 2 categories each quarter and you get 5% on all purchases at Best Buy. You can also actually use it to get better rewards at Amazon compared to the Chase Amazon Visa Card (3% Cash Back) by using "Book Store" as a category as well (US Bank Cash + Visa = 5%).

If anyone is considering signing up for a BB CC. Not sure if at all stores so YMMV, but my BB is offering $20 credit on your first $50+ purchase with the CC after you sign up.

the wife and i were thinking about getting a bestbuy card . is it better then discover it card ?
Fat Wallet actually has a good thread in their Finance Forum discussing all the various credit cards that are worth getting for rewards. This is why you would be using it, yes? The thing about rewards credit cards is that you never want to carry a balance on them because that will negate the rewards because the interest is generally higher on them compared to other credit cards. From my understanding, the Discover It credit card is great because of the 5% in rotating categories and the free FICO credit score in your statements now, but it would not get you 5% at Best Buy all the time - only when the appropriate category is used that quarter.

Fat Wallet actually has a good thread in their Finance Forum discussing all the various credit cards that are worth getting for rewards. This is why you would be using it, yes? The thing about rewards credit cards is that you never want to carry a balance on them because that will negate the rewards because the interest is generally higher on them compared to other credit cards. From my understanding, the Discover It credit card is great because of the 5% in rotating categories and the free FICO credit score in your statements now, but it would not get you 5% at Best Buy all the time - only when the appropriate category is used that quarter.
yeah had the "it card" for a few months now its amazing . barclaycard its ok

Are you sure you just didn't get a RZ auto issue certificate?
Because that's what probably happened.
With that said everyone feel free to waste their time discussing this topic further.
That was the first thing I checked, but my points that I need for a cert hadn't posted yet. Appears to be a lucky $5! A first for me, I NEVER get their cert emails...

You always get bonus points at bestbuy on discover if you log into your discover card account and go to the shopping section and select a retailer on the list then click the hyperlink to their site and either order for shipping or in-store pickup. That includes all of the retailers on the site.

The rotation bonuses are for normal in store swipes of your car. But any of the retailers always get the bonus points when you order online through a link via discovercard.com

You always get bonus points at bestbuy on discover if you log into your discover card account and go to the shopping section and select a retailer on the list then click the hyperlink to their site and either order for shipping or in-store pickup. That includes all of the retailers on the site.

The rotation bonuses are for normal in store swipes of your car. But any of the retailers always get the bonus points when you order online through a link via discovercard.com
Thanks for the helpful information! I do not have a Discover card yet, but I do plan on eventually applying for a Discover It card. Out of curiosity, if you are purchasing through Discover's shopping section within their website, that would prevent you from getting Cash Back from another referral service like eBates or FW, wouldn't it?

They gave me a $10 certificate when I emailed them, asking why Wii U version of Watch_Dogs isn't apart of the $10 preorder promotion. They blamed Ubisoft...

They gave me a $60 cert when I told them the ps4 I got from AWD didn't include a game. They were totally confused but after 4 hours on the phone, they agreed. You people are so negative. I spend thousands of dollers every month at bb. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Best Buy never sends me anything anymore. I think using all the Reward Zone certificates they mistakenly printed to my account has caught up with me. 

I got Amazon credit when I called BBY, so I complained about it to Amazon and they gave me some Target credit to make up for it.  Now I can complain to Target about the B2G1 being over and they'll give me some BBY credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent the last thee hours on the phone with Best Buy trying to get a $5 credit. I'll keep trying until I get a supervisor who gives in. However, I feel they now they owe me a $20 credit for wasting my weekend.

All I got was a rock, which I threw at the entrance, where it bounced off the glass and cracked me in the head.

i threatened to hold my breath until they gave me a $5 credit. when that didnt work i rolled around on the ground screaming and made a huge scene. Eventually they gave me a $5 credit just to get me to be quiet. they also gave me a lollipop.

i threatened to hold my breath until they gave me a $5 credit. when that didnt work i rolled around on the ground screaming and made a huge scene. Eventually they gave me a $5 credit just to get me to be quiet. they also gave me a lollipop.
I called and complained that I didn't get a lollipop and they gave me a $50 credit.

My luck is up on the horizon!!! I received 4 emails in my different accounts, I wonder if I can combine them in one purchase or I'm going to bitch at BBY customer service over something they have no control over.

1a850e5.jpg

Anyone up for a game of sarcastaball? Based on a lot of the replies in here it's about time we make our very own league...

Well this fucking sucks. I just called Target about this who then put me on a 3 way with Circuit City. Circuit City said they were going to give me a $10 gift card just for calling. Target like the bastards they are disconnected CC from the call. They then proceeded to tell to me how BB only sends those to special people. The dude then had the audacity to tell me I wasn't entitled, before I can say anything he just hung up. 5 mins later I get this pic in my email from Best Buy
31vpze.jpg

Well this fucking sucks. I just called Target about this who then put me on a 3 way with Circuit City. Circuit City said they were going to give me a $10 gift card just for calling. Target like the bastards they are disconnected CC from the call. They then proceeded to tell to me how BB only sends those to special people. The dude then had the audacity to tell me I wasn't entitled, before I can say anything he just hung up. 5 mins later I get this pic in my email from Best Buy
31vpze.jpg
Sounds like you need to call Amazon tell them Target didn't give you the free $5 that Best Buy was supposed to give you, and throw in a "I'm missing a USB Cable" in there and they should give you at least $100 if not more.

31vpze.jpg
Wait, wait, wait. Target has a secret mother fuck 'ing time machine!? Who's coming with me on a road trip to Minnesota with me to steal it so we can go back and get in ahead of all the amazing deals ever?

Just got off the phone with 7-Eleven, they seemed pretty damn confused, but after 27 mins I got a free slurpee.  fucking wanted a slim jim though, gonna call corporate tomorrow.

It's stresses me out a little when I read posts from people who exploit or abuse for profit. It's one thing if you ask why you didn't get $5, it's another to have a goal of weaseling it out of them. I'm hoping that just about every post in here is sarcasm, and thankfully, at least the majority are.

It's stresses me out a little when I read posts from people who exploit or abuse for profit. It's one thing if you ask why you didn't get $5, it's another to have a goal of weaseling it out of them. I'm hoping that just about every post in here is sarcasm, and thankfully, at least the majority are.
Well you should talk to Brittany from Target, she might get you on the line with Micheal from Circuit City. If so you might be able to get a $10 gift card for your troubles, since the BB vs CC war is heating up. YMMV

Just got off the phone with 7-Eleven, they seemed pretty damn confused, but after 27 mins I got a free slurpee. fucking wanted a slim jim though, gonna call corporate tomorrow.
I saw giant tabasco ones on clearance for 79 cents at a Best Buy earlier. If you get that $5 cert, that's like 6 of them for free.

Hope we're not keeping you up at night.

i prefer to badger. weasels can be fierce, but they are always getting chased all around. by monkeys no less. and then my mulberry bushes are trampled all to hell.

the badger however, is OP.

They gave me a $60 cert when I told them the ps4 I got from AWD didn't include a game. They were totally confused but after 4 hours on the phone, they agreed. You people are so negative. I spend thousands of dollers every month at bb. Doesn't hurt to ask.
You spend thousands every month at Best Buy 0.o? What are you buying???

Group_Hug_Big.jpg

bread's done
Back