Gamestop Price Drops including GTA 5 New $40 360/PS3

Thief is down to $45 new, $40 used on all 5 platforms. South Park is down to $40 new, $38 used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Payday 2 is $20 new, $19 used; Payday 2 CE is $30 new; Castlevania LoS 2 is $50 new, $45 used; if you can find it, Trials Fusion is $20 used.

Bad timing.  Really into Titanfall right now.  Still have a few games in my backlog.  I'm sure South Park will be $20-25 new by the time I get to it.  Would not be surprised if Payday 2 ends up being a free Games with Gold title later this year or in 2015.

Sniper Elite V2: Silver Star Edition ( :ps3: / :360:) is down to $19.99/$18.99 new/used. I might pick up a used copy... :whistle2:k
It was $10 (maybe $15) on Black Friday and i've been kicking myself since then for not getting it (although I may not have even gotten around to playing it yet anyway). I'm hoping for a similar sale on it sometime soon.

This could be beginning of massive price drops now that these games are all now considered old-gen games.
Nah, the game is over half year old.

Besides, if the "old gen" consoles have cheaper games, there will be a lot less incentive to upgrade to the next gen console.

if you can find it, Trials Fusion is $20 used.
This I find interesting. The $40 retail version includes the season pass and they sell a $20 digital version without it. What's interesting is that this is the first time I recall them actually doing used pricing like this on something that's a fundamentally lower value item without that code.

Bad timing. Really into Titanfall right now. Still have a few games in my backlog. I'm sure South Park will be $20-25 new by the time I get to it. Would not be surprised if Payday 2 ends up being a free Games with Gold title later this year or in 2015.
That's too new of a game to be on GwG. Payday 2 was a PS Plus game earlier this year.

Nah, the game is over half year old.

Besides, if the "old gen" consoles have cheaper games, there will be a lot less incentive to upgrade to the next gen console.
Yep, the old COD way of remaining MSRP for 10 months with minimum sales won't work now plus with most major titles releasing in the fall BF sales makes any more than $50 ridiculous. Hell GCU has changed the mindset of slot of people $32 is the standard price in 6 weeks for any title.

It was $10 (maybe $15) on Black Friday and i've been kicking myself since then for not getting it (although I may not have even gotten around to playing it yet anyway). I'm hoping for a similar sale on it sometime soon.
You're sure it was the Silver Star Edition? Now you're forcing me to hold out for a sale. :lol:

Not a new drop but Mass Effect Trilogy is $30 new, $28 used. Only way to play ME 1 for PS3 on disk is with the retail copy.
Tempting, but I'm hoping/praying BioWare announces a complete trilogy set (all DLC included) for PS4/XB1 at E3. :pray:

Yep, the old COD way of remaining MSRP for 10 months with minimum sales won't work now plus with most major titles releasing in the fall BF sales makes any more than $50 ridiculous. Hell GCU has changed the mindset of slot of people $32 is the standard price in 6 weeks for any title.
"the old COD way of remaining MSRP for 10 months with minimum sales won't work" because alot of the developers that made the COD brand what it is jumped ship. If any of the recent COD games were actually good, they would still be doing the same old ways.

It was free on PS+ so that's why I'd bet it would be a GwG. But you're right. It probably won't be free for a while.
No the reason I said that is of the retail games made free for GwG, only 3 of them were released this decade (Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, & Dead Island 1) with two of those being Square Enix games.

This deal is nothing mind blowing, they already had this on sale for $39.99 in the past, why not for $29.99 or better yet $19.99 now?

"the old COD way of remaining MSRP for 10 months with minimum sales won't work" because alot of the developers that made the COD brand what it is jumped ship. If any of the recent COD games were actually good, they would still be doing the same old ways.
They've just changed models. The money used to be in retail sales. Now they do very well with DLC attach, so Activision is more open to bringing the boxed copies down in price. That drives marginal sales, and they pick up more than the "lost" revenue through DLC.

Ghosts was #2 selling game last year after GTA V, and demand for GTA was crazy. Huge hype, huge lag between games. CoD could easily go the way of Guitar Hero, but it's still a money machine for now.

You're sure it was the Silver Star Edition? Now you're forcing me to hold out for a sale. :lol:
Just looked it up and it was $14.99 for Sniper Elite v2 Silver Star for both consoles. I'm thinking we might see more sales on it closer to the release of Sniper Elite 3 or hoping for something like a PS Plus freebie on it.

Just looked it up and it was $14.99 for Sniper Elite v2 Silver Star for both consoles. I'm thinking we might see more sales on it closer to the release of Sniper Elite 3 or hoping for something like a PS Plus freebie on it.
Thanks, I'll hold off on it for now.

They've just changed models. The money used to be in retail sales. Now they do very well with DLC attach, so Activision is more open to bringing the boxed copies down in price. That drives marginal sales, and they pick up more than the "lost" revenue through DLC.
That's one way of looking at it. Another is that bad word of mouth plus indecisiveness due to the launch of next gen consoles resulted in less than stellar sales, hence prompting the fastest price cut in a CoD game ever. Every year for the past few years they've boasted about besting their numbers from the previous year. Didn't do that this year.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that bad word of mouth plus indecisiveness due to the launch of next gen consoles resulted in less than stellar sales, hence prompting the fastest price cut in a CoD game ever. Every year for the past few years they've boasted about besting their numbers from the previous year. Didn't do that this year.
They boasted. And they called out the huge DLC sales for BLOPS2. They just couldn't call it the biggest game launch, as usual, because GTA V crushed.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=804829

They boasted. And they called out the huge DLC sales for BLOPS2. They just couldn't call it the biggest game launch, as usual, because GTA V crushed.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=804829
You're right. Technically they did boast, but it wasn't anything substantive, imo. First, most of their talk is focused more on the CoD franchise rather than on Ghosts itself, that to me is a sign they don't want to talk hard numbers about Ghosts.

Second, they keep talking about the amount sold to stores (that $1B in the press release) and not the amount sold to consumers, whereas in the past they always talked about the amount sold to consumers. Another sign they don't want to talk hard numbers. Why? Because those aren't numbers to boast about.

"Curiously, the publisher has decided against disclosing how much money was generated by sales of the game in the first 24 hours; instead, this figure merely reveals how much stock was sold to retailers ahead of launch. It doesn't confer any insight into actual sales to consumers." source

"The publisher confirmed earlier today that retailers has spent $1 billion on Call of Duty: Ghosts stock for last week's launch - as opposed to using actual sales figures as it has done in previous years. Even this figure, however, is down on last year, and the publisher is blaming the volatility of the console transition." source

MW3 hit $1B in sales in 16 days. BO2 surpassed that and hit $1B in 15 days. Try to Google how many days it took Ghosts to reach $1B in real sales.... You don't hide numbers if they're good.

But enough about Ghosts. That game sucked. So glad Titanfall is amazing. :D

Does GameStop do refunds for price drops? I bought South Park last Friday when it was $50 because I traded Infamous Second Son in and I had $10 in credit so it was free but if I could get that $10 back in credit it'd be even better.

Or, would I have to purchase a new copy of the game at the $39.99 and then return it using the receipt from when I bought it for $49.99?

Does GameStop do refunds for price drops? I bought South Park last Friday when it was $50 because I traded Infamous Second Son in and I had $10 in credit so it was free but if I could get that $10 back in credit it'd be even better.

Or, would I have to purchase a new copy of the game at the $39.99 and then return it using the receipt from when I bought it for $49.99?
Try to just have them adjust it like they're getting a return and you're rebuying it. If you get a new game, then they might open it when you return it, so you would be forcing gutted copies to appear. The employees aren't unreasonable.

Try to just have them adjust it like they're getting a return and you're rebuying it. If you get a new game, then they might open it when you return it, so you would be forcing gutted copies to appear. The employees aren't unreasonable.
That's what I was planning on doing - but the GameStop employees by me are completely unreasonable. I don't think there's a store I hate more than them. There's only one guy there that is actually customer focused. I think I make one purchase from them a year at the most because of it.

That's what I was planning on doing - but the GameStop employees by me are completely unreasonable. I don't think there's a store I hate more than them. There's only one guy there that is actually customer focused. I think I make one purchase from them a year at the most because of it.
It's better to try when you're getting something else like with this B2G1 right now because you aren't a regular.

I know this was already free for ps+ but still if you want a ohysical copy... Gravity rush 19.99 used. Qualifies for b2g1 free too.

bread's done
Back