Trials Fusion - Now Available

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Anyone picked this up today? $40 physical copy and $20 digital. Physical copy comes with Season Pass apparently -- Season Pass is $20 and will include 6 DLC packs.

Game details

• $20 Digital (5 GB)
  • Platforms: Xbox One/Xbox 360/PS 4/PC
  • Release Date: 4/16/2014
  • Developer: RedLynx
  • Publisher: Ubisoft Entertainment
http://youtu.be/Q66R65fatR0

Game Description:Trials is back for even more fun! Built upon the Trials franchise’s proven gameplay foundations, Trials Fusion challenges players endlessly in both classic and all-new ways. It melds the classic, proven Trials formula of simple yet addictive competition with the social and visual breakthroughs of the next generation of gaming. With unique platform-racing gameplay, ubiquitous competition and an ever-expanding destination for new content and features, the Trials Fusion experience is never over. Take on an unlimited array of platform-racing challenges in the unreal world of Trials Fusion. Using your skills to traverse across obstacle-laden, ramp-ridden courses, you must strive to set track records against the best Trials players around the world. Alone in career mode, with your friends in the frenzied multiplayer or in a crazy global tournament, competition is always available, so string together insane tricks and become the best trials rider! If the official courses are still not enough, thanks to the all-new track editor you are able to create your very own tracks. Let your imagination run and create insane tracks for even more fun. And with long-term support for fresh features and content, the Trials experience will continue to expand and challenge players in new and exhilarating ways.
To be honest I haven't finished all the content for Trials Evolution lol. I am tempted on the Xbox One version though and digital would go well with the instant game swapping feature I'm taking advantage on the One.

Tips and Tricks:

http://youtu.be/axZJVd3JIzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tp7yE5w51I

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloading the...ahem...trial.  On the 360.

I grabbed the $20 digital version on the XB1.  Love me some Trials, could not wait for this one to come out.  I'll probably get the season pass eventually, too, but I figured I'd at least wait until the first DLC pack comes out, just to see what kind of mix of tracks they're putting in them. 

Right now only one of my friends is showing up on my leaderboard, so if anyone else wants more CAGs to compare times with, feel free to add me.  My gamertag is Red Hot Sand.

I'm not a huge fan of the futuristic look but ultimately the look doesn't really matter.  The game is the same as always, awesomely fun.  I'm already spending hours going back and forth with my friends for the best scores.

Yeah I'm liking it a lot, lol that menu song, and the visual appeal reminds me of the artstyle Ubisoft used with Anno 2070, another futuristic game.

Oh god it's great having the follow option on Xbox One now. Before I'd add people to compete with them in Trials and Pinball FX 2 but always struggling with a full list, no more! I'm also planning on doing some sweet GameDVR on this game in the future, Trials always has those moments that's for sure. I'm also planning on creating some more tracks so add me if you want to play them or race my high score.

OK after playing a lot of hours of this today, my general thoughts:

Yes Trials Fusion is a lot of the same but that winning formula from Trials HD/Evo does just that wins (don't change it if it aint broke). It is very polished, the presentation and the amount of detail put into the game speaks volumes for RedLynx. The core of Trials is broken down and divided up in a nice rewarding unlocking and progressing manner. There's also plenty of tutorials showing basic and advanced maneuvers that'll help out new comers, ie) the bunny hop.

Skill games are back too!

http://youtu.be/iaa0c3ESoHE

I heard that the developers are working on adding in online multiplayer, currently does 4 player local, for a later time in a free update. The tricks system added is also a fun little add-on although I'm still trying to get the hang of it as it can really alter your balance in the air with your rider hanging off one side or the other. There's some neat Uplay customization rewards too so It looks like sometime I'll have to rate 10 user tracks and unlock that Squirrel helmet. :p I'll wait until I get more info on the Season Pass but I def recommend the base game though.

Game & Achievement Info:

http://youtu.be/l0gwxmBNXQE

Got the Early Bird achievement, they give you $30,000 as a reward, nice!

Love the east eggs that RedLynx throws in and the ending sequences have always got me thinking what will they think of next.

http://youtu.be/ToluzptIADQ

How does the leaderboard work. Is it per system? So there's essentially 5 leaderboards or are some connected? I'm looking to add people for times to try and beat but i'm on the 360, can i only add 360 people or can i add xbox one people too? Also who here can i add :)

Finally beat "The Greater Crater", the last Hard track, which unlocks the Extreme tracks. The first time I tried, I ran out of time because I got stuck on two different parts for over 10 minutes each. I don't remember the Hard courses being quite this difficult in Evolution. After trying out the Extreme tracks, it's a safe bet I won't be finishing any of those. It won't be for a lack of trying, though.

How does the leaderboard work. Is it per system? So there's essentially 5 leaderboards or are some connected? I'm looking to add people for times to try and beat but i'm on the 360, can i only add 360 people or can i add xbox one people too? Also who here can i add :)
I don't know if there's just one leaderboard between 360 and XB1, or separate ones. I think I have 5 friends on my leaderboard now, but I don't know whether they're all on XB1. I would guess there's no crossover, but that's just a guess.

Same, I don't know of the top of my head who's on which platform but I think it works for everyone on our friend's list.

Picked it up along with Rayman since they are both 40 bucks and Meijer had a B1G1 50% sale. I normally wouldn't go for it since I'm not much of a season pass guy, but with Trials I'll break that rule.

Picked this up, digital xb1 version and this is my first time playing a Trials game. I am AWFUL at this damn game. My roommate tried a couple of levels and made me look like a chump. Feel free to add me (Jeckler) so I have other people on my list to make me feel shitty. lol

Ha ha, hang in there and keep at it, Aejeck.  There's definitely a learning curve with the Trials games, and since this is your first experience with the series, I'd be surprised if you were acing tracks right away.  It's all about repetition, learning when to lean back, when to lean forward, when to punch the accelerator and when to feather it.  The more you play it, the more you'll get a feel for all of that.  It's not an easy game by any means, but it will get easier over time. (at least the earlier levels; some of the later, Hard tracks get pretty crazy)

I'll add you the next time I'm on.

Yeah that's how I was when I started out with Trials HD, it'll come along eventually. Then you'll be pulling off advanced moves and making people look a foo! LOl, dem user created tracks though, man some of them so many camera moves, wtf is happening. Rated 10 user tracks and got some Uplay currency which I used to get the body kit for the Roach. Another action is to no fault an extreme track but I have a feeling I'll unlock the other 1 remaining action of finding a squirrel before that thankfully. I like the whole Uplay thing for Ubisoft titles, it's not huge but it's a cool little perk.

I didn't even realize this was available in retail form with the Season Pass. I have not had time to play this yet so I haven't even bought it but I had planned to just buy it digitally. Damn GCU, I really want this digitally since it is a smaller pick up and play kind of game but it is hard to argue with $8 less...

OK, no f'n way I completed Warp Zone 1... Coasterphobia challenge on Fusion Factory is not an easy challenge and I'm not gonna attempt it right now lol.

SO I JUST FINISHED THE GREATER CRATER FOR TRIALS FUSION!!!!
Oh my god do I feel f'n proud haha. I wouldn't have been able to do that a few years ago but the skills you pick up after a while playing the Trials games makes you feel like one smart bad ass. The Trials games are like the Dark Souls games, super difficult but so satisfying. Do you think that analogy holds water? Also, what's up with the freaky squirrels this time lol?! Extreme tracks unlocked, I'm thinking I should strap my controller to my wrist like a Wii-mote now.

SO I JUST FINISHED THE GREATER CRATER FOR TRIALS FUSION!!!!
Oh my god do I feel f'n proud haha. I wouldn't have been able to do that a few years ago but the skills you pick up after a while playing the Trials games makes you feel like one smart bad ass. The Trials games are like the Dark Souls games, super difficult but so satisfying. Do you think that analogy holds water? Also, what's up with the freaky squirrels this time lol?! Extreme tracks unlocked, I'm thinking I should strap my controller to my wrist like a Wii-mote now.
If you thought the last hard track was hard you better strap in for those extremes and if you're going to be going for the extreme/hard challenges be ready to break some controllers. For comparison I can complete every course with 0 faults/gold medal up to the 2nd extreme course and I find the rest of the extremes relatively easy to beat but some of these challenges are insanely difficult for me. I'm at 116/120 and pretty much stuck. Beating Inferno IV with an invisible bike was just ridiculous. I maxed out the course at 30 minutes twice going for that one.

That's insane.

Yeah, I have like one more Uplay action and that's no fault an Extreme track...

If you thought the last hard track was hard you better strap in for those extremes and if you're going to be going for the extreme/hard challenges be ready to break some controllers. For comparison I can complete every course with 0 faults/gold medal up to the 2nd extreme course and I find the rest of the extremes relatively easy to beat but some of these challenges are insanely difficult for me. I'm at 116/120 and pretty much stuck. Beating Inferno IV with an invisible bike was just ridiculous. I maxed out the course at 30 minutes twice going for that one.
I haven't come close to finishing any of the Extreme tracks. I remember in Evolution, I was able to finish a few of them, but some of them I could never quite get through. I'll keep plugging away at the Extremes in Fusion, but I think they're just beyond my skill level. And as far as the challenges in the Extreme tracks? For me, not a snowball's chance in Inferno IV. :lol:

Yeah i beat the invisible bike inferno on my first try! Just barely. 487 Faults at 28:42 The last jump took me 10 minutes. I wish i could say i was close to get the rest of the challenged but i havnt even completed the easy/medium challenges. I added someone from xbox one and his scored arent showing so it is per system i guess.

Is anyone playing this on PC too? I need some competition on the friend leaderboards, my Uplay user is teddybass if you want to add me, thnx!

I got the Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed achievement (the one for finding all the squirrels) earlier tonight, even though I've only found 19/20.  Weird.  Not complaining, though.  I'll take it.

Lol was browsing r/xboxone and came across this, haha.

JL1Q0YJ.jpg

So THAT'S how you do the flagpole challenge. Stupid me was trying to rest my bike on the pole. Didn't realize I had to bail before giving up on it that particular day.

Oh wow, go to Top Rated This Week & download Ultimate Wipeout. :applause:
Wow, that track is crazy. I'm blown away by how creative some of these people that create tracks can be.

By the way, props to you for finishing it in 12 minutes. I actually timed out on my first try :oops: I'll have to go back later and give it another go. I was doing pretty good for the first 15 or so checkpoints, then I got seriously hung up on a few. How many checkpoints are there altogether, do you remember? I think I was on 27 when time ran out. I know I just need to suck less, but there is no way that track should be graded out as "Medium". :lol:

Haha yeah I don't know how many checkpoints that track had but if you get to the end you'll get a "bonus section" where you'll have to drive up a water incline with logs falling down it. Incredible, never seen that gameplay mechanic and it took me a while to figure out how to bunny hop over them. That track had a lot of new gameplay mechanics, quite impressed of what they came up with and yeah that it actually felt like a Wipeout course.

Huh, maybe I was right at the end.  I did see the part with the logs rolling down the water incline.  Could have sworn I got past that, but maybe that's where I was when time ran out.

You'll know you get to the end as it makes a big deal out of it but then it says you've unlocked a secret bonus area with special effects and celebration lol.

Edit: So yeah I went back and watched my replay, Checkpoint 25 is the end, Bonus Area Unlocked with the logs and water after that. Sooo many mechanics that were new with this track, like hooking your bike onto the hook and then flipping off of it when it got to the end of the rail.

Checked it out earlier today.  It's a pretty cool track.  It's amazing how quickly rust can set in on Trials when you're not playing it every day; I'm going to have to run the track again to try for a better time with less faults.

Haha the recommended tracks are awesome but saving my self with a crazy flip to see the resulting script on this track was even better.
Trials Fusion Epic Fanmade Flip Win: http://youtu.be/B2zi0SBNGm8

Trials Fusion Did You See That!?: http://youtu.be/13qHdKN_1Pg
Ohh so close hahaha.

Yeah so I finally beat an Extreme track and last night ran around my apartment like I watched a goal in the World Cup lol.

Was attempting to no fault, yeah I had 128, the Extreme track but about gave up from all the stress it caused.

At least I can still zone out with some user community content. A good one:
Great Fan Made Trials Fusion Track ElecTRIALyzer: http://youtu.be/8I0RV1rGw_Y

Congrats on beating the Extreme track.  Those things are no joke.  I was able to finish a couple of the Extreme tracks in Trials HD and Evolution (also with triple-digit faults  :lol:), but I haven't completed any of the ones in Fusion.

I beat all the extreme tracks on Trials HD and all but one on Evolution, eventually at least, and with lots of faults. I have yet to get past one extreme track on Fusion. I think they're more difficult for sure.

So I played a very unique fan track, pretty cool what they came up with!
Trials Fusion Championnat Xgames V4 P1: http://youtu.be/h_8SIv_5hBU

Part 2 & Completion
Trials Fusion Championnat Xgames V4 P2: http://youtu.be/N4CeWlyK4Sk

Cool a free update adds tournaments.

I jumped on to download a bunch of user tracks

OMG The Black Day by maccorenzy is insane! Yeah parts of that were 5 FPS I swear and the action matrix sequence, wow.

bread's done
Back