* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/17: Sports Week 2, Only on PlayStation, & Atlus PS2 Classics Sales! Terraria Vita Free for PS+!

PlayStation Store PlayStation Plus PS4 PS3 PSP Vita PlayStation Network PS+ PSN Deals

#7591 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:01 AM

BandwagonKracker.  :shame:

You don't know what you're talking about; I think this whole talk about the first one sucking so bad started with me when you posted that ridiculous list saying it was the best one in the series.

And I posted before I saw his comment... so I guess it's just generally recognized that you're wrong?

#7592 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4056 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Speaking of awful games. You remember that guy who got 100% in Spelunky? What a loser.

How about the worst game you have ever platted. That should be a good conversation. Right now I am platting The Raven.

#7593 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2478 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Brigs and frigates don't have rear view mirrors.

#7594 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

1) He's on Revelations too.

2) He's an original assassin.

3) It has trophies. 

BandwagonKracker.  :shame:

1, A 15 minute cameo in another game doesn't count as it being his game. He was also in Academy of Champions: Soccer. I guess that's his game too?

2. No he's not. He's just the first one we've played as.

3. AC1 does not have trophies.

#7595 SJD  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

You don't know what you're talking about; I think this whole talk about the first one sucking so bad started with me when you posted that ridiculous list saying it was the best one in the series.

And I posted before I saw his comment... so I guess it's just generally recognized that you're wrong?

So your subjective view of something is better than my subjective view of something? Seems about right. 

#7596 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

What?  AC1 has trophies?

Is there one for only doing the eaves drops?  Because that's all I did to progress those stupid fucking side missions in that game.

#7597 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

What?  AC1 has trophies?

Is there one for only doing the eaves drops?  Because that's all I did to progress those stupid fucking side missions in that game.

It does not. SJD played a different AC1 than the rest of us.

#7598 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:15 AM

I'd like to purchase this different version of AC1, as long as I can pay someone else to earn the trophies in it for me.  No way I'm playing that turd of a game again.

#7599 SJD  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

Revelations does have trophies, which I said on the first point and I believe there is more than a 15 minute cameo. If we consider Ground Zeroes a game, we may say Altair had his own self contained game in Revelations, which deals more with his backstory than Ezio in itself. 

#7600 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Dammit CAG... double posted and then deleted both of them.

So your subjective view of something is better than my subjective view of something? Seems about right. 

When your subjective view is wrong, yes.

I really don't care, I was just being facetious.  I stated back when you posted that list that it was the only game in the series I had played and it was the reason I didn't continue on with any of the others.  It was a shitty game.  Obviously I don't have any impressions on the others but I have to believe that they're better than the first game, otherwise the series wouldn't be anywhere near as popular today.

• SJD likes this

#7601 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16709 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

How did you enjoy SFxT on Vita? Even with the multiple control schemes, the game is awkward to play since you need six buttons. The framerate is pretty bad compared to the console versions and makes me wish they eliminated tag like Dead or Alive 5 for a seamless port. Finally, the AI leaves you woefully unprepared, as a computer opponent on the hardest difficulty is leagues easier than a newbie human opponent online.

weird, I've had a much easier time online than against the computer. I thought it was a totally serviceable port, but I'm not really all that good. I also found the controls really doable once remapped (but again, not really all that good).

There are definitely some framerate feelings of jankiness though, can't argue with that. it was easy to adjust since I hadn't played the console version very much beforehand.

#7602 praisethesun   Banned Banned   158 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

praisethesun

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

People who think Spelunky sucks probably suck at it. Just like Demon's Souls.

#7603 SJD  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Dammit CAG... double posted and then deleted both of them.

When your subjective view is wrong, yes.

I really don't care, I was just being facetious.  I stated back when you posted that list that it was the only game in the series I had played and it was the reason I didn't continue on with any of the others.  It was a shitty game.  Obviously I don't have any impressions on the others but I have to believe that they're better than the first game, otherwise the series wouldn't be anywhere near as popular today.

I like 1 more as in the potential it had to be something different, it shows, even if it's repetitive. The other games evolve into an action romp as each entry progressed. I like them, but 1 is the concept that they never fulfilled. Brotherhood and 4 are tied for best "game", then.

#7604 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

Since we're on the topic of AC: I enjoyed AC 1. Maybe it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. As far as my favorite, it's a toss up between 2 and Brotherhood. Have yet to play Liberation or IV.

If IV doesn't change the series the much, I may not enjoy it when I get around to it. I think I'm growing tired of the series. I rushed through 3 because I just wasn't having fun.
  • SJD likes this

#7605 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16709 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

thank god we're finally cycled back to the AC discussion. AC4 has the most fun plot and (compared to 3) some entertaining and extremely optional and kinda fun side stuff to do like fort raiding. I completely ignored the 'real world' plot part of it though - the pirate part was waaay better.

#7606 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:39 AM

Revelations does have trophies, which I said on the first point and I believe there is more than a 15 minute cameo. If we consider Ground Zeroes a game, we may say Altair had his own self contained game in Revelations, which deals more with his backstory than Ezio in itself. 

Even if it's more than a 15 minute cameo, it's still not an Altair game.

And Ground Zeroes might have been short, but I'd rather play a short game than a game that makes you do the same thing repetitively for every single mission. There's one mission in AC1. All they did was give you a different target, in a different area...over...and over...and over...

#7607 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

Any of you finished Star Ocean the last hope?

#7608 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:42 AM

Sorry to stray from the topic of AC bashing/praising, but did anyone else get a code for the PlayStation Now beta on PS4 today?

I got one emailed to me, talking about how I participated in the PS3 version and all, even though I never got a code for the PS3 version. (I got accepted, and got a survey on what I thought of it though)

#7609 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:42 AM

Oh hey Pete, you finally did the chocobo race? Did we have a celebration about this?

#7610 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:43 AM

Any of you finished Star Ocean the last hope?

What do you mean finished? I played through the story, and every couple months or so I go back and try to get a few more trophies. I think I'll have the platinum at this rate by 2020.

#7611 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:45 AM

Ha yeah... that plat takes some dedication. I'm hoping to finish it over this 3-day weekend. I just reached Tropp; approximately how much longer do I have?

#7612 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:45 AM

Sorry to stray from the topic of AC bashing/praising, but did anyone else get a code for the PlayStation Now beta on PS4 today?

I got one emailed to me, talking about how I participated in the PS3 version and all, even though I never got a code for the PS3 version. (I got accepted, and got a survey on what I thought of it though)

Yeah I got my PS4 Beta key today as well, though I've been in the PS3 already.

#7613 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

By finish I mean complete the story by the way.

#7614 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

Yeah I got my PS4 Beta key today as well, though I've been in the PS3 already.

Well, you're one up on me then.  They sent me the survey on the PS3 version, but never sent me a key :P

#7615 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

Ha yeah... that plat takes some dedication. I'm hoping to finish it over this 3-day weekend. I just reached Tropp; approximately how much longer do I have?

Well, let me put it like this. If you were playing the 360 version, you'd have just started the 2nd of 3 discs. Discs 1 and 2 are roughly equal length, so you can pretty much double your time you currently have, and then add a few hours for the last areas.

#7616 Thermopyle  

I also got my PS4 PS Now beta key today. I can't wait until I get a PS4 and take this baby for a spin. 2015, here I come!

#7617 SJD  

Even if it's more than a 15 minute cameo, it's still not an Altair game.

And Ground Zeroes might have been short, but I'd rather play a short game than a game that makes you do the same thing repetitively for every single mission. There's one mission in Ground Zeroes. All they did was give you a different target, in the same area...over...and over...and over...

Fixed that for you. 

#7618 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

By finish I mean complete the story by the way.

Oh, and be thankful you aren't playing the 360 version. Certain areas are stored on certain discs, so when you get to the end and start doing a lot of grinding, traveling around, you're constantly switching between the three discs. When the game came to PS3, I abandoned the 360 version and just started over. Plus trophies are better than achievements.

#7619 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:55 AM

Shit, now I want to play Star Ocean.

#7620 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:55 AM

Well, let me put it like this. If you were playing the 360 version, you'd have just started the 2nd of 3 discs. Discs 1 and 2 are roughly equal length, so you can pretty much double your time you currently have, and then add a few hours for the last areas.

I'm right at 18.5 hours... may take a couple days past this weekend then. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PlayStation Store, PlayStation Plus, PS4, PS3, PSP, Vita, PlayStation Network, PS+, PSN, Deals