* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/17: Sports Week 2, Only on PlayStation, & Atlus PS2 Classics Sales! Terraria Vita Free for PS+!

PlayStation Store PlayStation Plus PS4 PS3 PSP Vita PlayStation Network PS+ PSN Deals

#121 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Great stuff. I picked up Braid & PVZ which I beat back on my 360, Jurassic Park & BTTF, Crash 1 & 2, and Spyro 1-3.

#122 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Buy them now for $0.99 for easy 100% and then get the disc versions for the Platinums to get the most trophy bangs for your buck.

I've been looking for a disc version of JP for a long time. I never see it. Is there one?

#123 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1657 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

There's a thread noting which titles are compatible in the PSP/Vita forum.

I just need to know what colors are
[color=#FF0000]
[color=#008000]
[color=#0000FF]
since the thread doesn't show the actual colors.

Green = These games can be downloaded directly to the Vita via the online store.
Blue = Discovered by users. Download these to the PS3 first then transfer to the Vita
Gray = Untested
Red = Does not work at this time.
Purple = Has been pulled from PSN and thus will likely not work on Vita in the future.

#124 Tarskidx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Figures...the one game that I really wanted from this sale was World Gone Sour and just my luck that it is one of the remaining games that has not been updated. Just a matter of time I guess?

#125 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hmmm weird sale. I grabbed Back To The Future, Jurassic Park, and Sam & Max. Never played the Crash or Spyro games...not sure I want to bother though now.

They hold up pretty well to this day considering how many games of that era don't hold up at all.

#126 Tarskidx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yup...knew as soon as I posted that this would show the change in price.

#127 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Does anyone know if the Jurassic park game is the same one that is on steam?

http://store.steampo...com/app/201830/

https://store.sonyen...e-for-0-99-each

Yes, and yes.  Same game different platform.

I've been looking for a disc version of JP for a long time. I never see it. Is there one?

No.

#128 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3352 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

I bought Sam and Max the Devil's Playhouse.

I got to start adjusting my digital backlog on PS3 because I am out of space and don't really feel like buying a larger hard drive unless someone has a cheap recommendation. Currently I have a 320GB.

#129 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Is Braid difficult/frustrating to play? In any event, wish it had a Vita version, seemed like it would be great to play on the Vita.

#130 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

I bought Sam and Max the Devil's Playhouse.

I got to start adjusting my digital backlog on PS3 because I am out of space and don't really feel like buying a larger hard drive unless someone has a cheap recommendation. Currently I have a 320GB.

I'd just keep tabs on Amazon. I got cheap WD blue 1tb from a third party seller for like $70 a while back. Might be something on sale this weekend.

#131 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Is Braid difficult/frustrating to play? In any event, wish it had a Vita version, seemed like it would be great to play on the Vita.

The difficulty is based on solving puzzles, so don't get it if you're as bad at puzzles as tyler.

#132 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I ended up skipping Stardust and grabbing Everyday Shooter Vita instead. Already have it on PS3, but it'd be perfect for the short train ride to and from the bus. Even if it doesn't have trophies.

Guest_superleaf444_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

No, but most work fine. It's a bit of a mess of publishers having to submit the games for testing and fill out new paperwork/licenses to sell them on the Vita, so not everything is available to at least transfer over from PS3 much less natively available for the Vita's PS Store. Those that just got tested for compatibility are at least transferrable from PS3 to Vita. There's a thread noting which titles are compatible in the PSP/Vita forum.

Thanks Frisky. Yeah, I googled it right after I saw that. The few PSone games I have work on Vita, so I just assumed. 

Meh, either way, I'll probably pick up the Crashs and Spyros. Platforming is pretty much my favorite genre and I never got around to playing those, because I didn't get a PSone until really late in it's life. So it will be nice to go back and play those. 

Unsure about BttF and Jurassic Park, the reviews didn't sell me. TWD is one of the few adventure games I've ever been able to get into, so I'll just ponder it.

Besides that, PS3 has been in storage for nearly 8 months, the backlog from PS+ is stupid right now.  

#134 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

The difficulty is based on solving puzzles, so don't get it if you're as bad at puzzles as tyler.

Okay, buying it. I think I'm smarter than tyler.

#135 ECisMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Are communities still active within Crash Commando and Gotham City Imposters? If not then my dollars are going elsewhere.

#136 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

When does the awesome sale that affa refused to post a link about start? Is it after this shitty one?

#137 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Wow, lots of great games for 99 cents each.  Quite a few here I could see myself playing.  Retro/Grade, CTR, Tokyo Jungle...

Wait a minute... I already have those games.  Noooooooooooo!  Might have to pick up Gex or When Vikings Attack or something instead.

#138 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30617 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

Monday 4y4uvyjy.jpg

Awesome advertisement.  If only I knew WHERE to buy it.

I really don't recommend Red Faction Battlegrounds to anybody since it's an arena car combat game with very little combat. It might have some value with local MP, but the single-player only offers dumb challenges and online MP was dead at launch three years ago.

You can't talk me out of wasting my dollar!

Oh man. A lot of these look good. But the specter of "Soon to be free on PS+" haunts all of it.

No it doesn't.  

Braid is a very challenging puzzle platformer game with awesome new mechanics in each world that affect how you solve the puzzles. It's also one of the best games from the entire generation.  You should definitely get it.

Braid's puzzles are unique, challenging, and fun.  It's not a god damn 3D cube with stupid Fuck ing lines on it that you have to connect.

#139 Nocturnal Avenger  

Nocturnal Avenger

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

So this might have been addressed but I am getting page not found for Sam and Max, and it's not coming up on a search = (

Anyone else getting that, or know why I am? 

#140 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

When does the awesome sale that affa refused to post a link about start? Is it after this shitty one?

I liked you more when you had LOST characters as your avatar.

#141 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

Are communities still active within Crash Commando and Gotham City Imposters. If not then my dollars are going elsewhere.

Crash Commando's community isn't huge, but I found a game or two when I played a bit of it last year.

Anybody that's been with PS+ for a long time should have the Add-on Bundle for Crash Commando that they offered for free a while ago.

#142 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Awesome advertisement.  If only I knew WHERE to buy it.

Oh yeah.  That was cropped from an email I got.  It's at Taco Johns.  And I'm terrified of it.

#143 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30617 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Hey guys, what the Fuck is BttF?  And I thought I read Back to the Future was going to be part of this sale!?!?!?!  Where is it on the list?

Also, does BttF, Sam and Max, Jurrasic Park, and Tales from Monkey Island all have platinums?  And why the hell isn't there a website where I could answer that questions myself in just a manner of seconds.  Someone should make some sort of website that posts lists of trophies.  They could even implement trophy guides that members write and community forums.  I can't believe somebody hasn't thought of this before.  Patent Pending!

#144 Sychophantom   ▲ | ▲ CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Sychophantom

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

I bought:

Braid

When Vikings Attack

Tokyo Jungle

Jurassic Park

Back to the Future

Gex

I already owned the other ps1 games.

Pretty sure I own the Monkey Island bundle, but separately. Possibly between mine and my girlfriend's accounts.

#145 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30617 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

Oh yeah.  That was cropped from an email I got.  It's at Taco Johns.  And I'm terrified of it.

We have Del Taco, Taco Time, and Taco Bell.  Plus about 50 taco stands on street corners downtown.  But no Taco Johns.

#146 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

So this might have been addressed but I am getting page not found for Sam and Max, and it's not coming up on a search = (

Anyone else getting that, or know why I am? 

Sorry. Fixed the link since I forgot that apostrophes break links on CAG, so try it again.

#147 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30617 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Why is the OP a wiki?

#148 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Braid's puzzles are unique, challenging, and fun.  It's not a god damn 3D cube with stupid Fuck ing lines on it that you have to connect.

Didn't you get stuck near the beginning of The Cave because you couldn't figure out whatever easy puzzle they put in there?

#149 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Hey guys, what the Fuck is BttF? And I thought I read Back to the Future was going to be part of this sale!?!?!?! Where is it on the list?

Also, does BttF, Sam and Max, Jurrasic Park, and Tales from Monkey Island all have platinums? And why the hell isn't there a website where I could answer that questions myself in just a manner of seconds. Someone should make some sort of website that posts lists of trophies. They could even implement trophy guides that members write and community forums. I can't believe somebody hasn't thought of this before. Patent Pending!

To be fair, the B to the F one is a tad confusing with retail having a plat and digital not but that was when every episode was separate and not a bundle like it is now just like retail is. Also, my mind may not be working correctly as I'm itching to get out the door with pretty much everyone else in my office.

#150 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

We have Del Taco, Taco Time, and Taco Bell. Plus about 50 taco stands on street corners downtown. But no Taco Johns.

That's too bad. Tacos are decent and have lots of meat, unlike Taco Bell's lettuce tacos. Also, their Potatoes Oles are the muthafuckin business.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PlayStation Store, PlayStation Plus, PS4, PS3, PSP, Vita, PlayStation Network, PS+, PSN, Deals