- - - - -

PSN Easter (I guess) Sale

#1 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

Bunch of cheap games on PSN. Here's the list:

Title | Sale Price | Original Price

[Via US PlayStation Blog]

Credit to Psntrophies.org for posting the story.

#2 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20114 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

I think you should put  99 cent on the topic and a few popular games

#3 SlickAssGamer   Welcome to Slick CAG Deals! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

SlickAssGamer

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

There's a PSN thread...

#4 bloodwings   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

bloodwings

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

There's a PSN thread...

lol wut? where?

Anyway, I wish the old games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot were on Vita. You can download them on PSP but not Vita?

#5 Lockescythe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Lockescythe

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

this is the canadian subforum. Most canadians don't read the forum where the PSN thread is.  Thx for the heads up

#6 Aquablak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Aquablak

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Good sale, but with just a Vita and a PS4, there's not a lot for me here.  Thanks for the heads up, though, king_bronx!

#7 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Just thought I'd help.

#8 charleytony   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

charleytony

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

It's basically a TellTaleGames & PS1/PS2 classic sale (even if there are other games that don't fall in that category).
I had 4$ left in my PSN wallet and had a hard time choosing what to buy. Value, what I already played (or tried) & likelihood to actually play the games made me choose these games.

Monkey Island
Back to the Future
Retro City Rampage
Tokyo Jungle

#9 QuagsireQing   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

QuagsireQing

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

Sweet deal on the Telltale Games series.  I'll grab Sam & Max, the only one I'm missing.

#10 oneiric   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Some decent deals, and certainly a nice way to make use of the $2 left in my account.

#11 Reether  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

Decent deals, I grabbed 15 of them lol .. the gf wanted to play the crash games, and for that price its hard to say no. Too bad Ive heard they don't work on the vita =\

#12 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

Just a heads up:

Apparently the servers for Gotham City Impostors is going down. Wouldn't recommend buying it. 

#13 ikariwarriors   Zang Zip, the War Dog CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

ikariwarriors

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up all the Crash and Spyro games, as well as Tokyo Jungle. I've been wanting to try that one for a while, but not for full price, heh.

#14 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

I wish someone had of warned me. I bought it, found out what I posted the following morning. I made a refund claim to Sony on the basis they're basically selling a faulty product. 

#15 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

You asked Sony to refund you a dollar...

giphy.gif

#16 Jogurt the Yogurt   YGRT CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Just a heads up:

Apparently the servers for Gotham City Impostors is going down. Wouldn't recommend buying it. 

I thought the game was P2P hosted on PSN. As long as there are still people playing, the online should still be functional.

#17 Socpens  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

I thought the game was P2P hosted on PSN. As long as there are still people playing, the online should still be functional.

I would not bet on the game having much activity right now.

#18 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

You asked Sony to refund you a dollar...

It's not about the money, it's the principle. If they're selling a game that basically won't exist in a month and they know it it's a cash grab and I won't support them ripping people off like that. Your consumer dollar is your voice.

From what I've read, it may or may not be P2P, but all ranks, saves, etc aren't directly on the PS3. Which means there are servers, which are being hosted by Gamespy - who is shutting down. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere that has convinced me the game won't exist come the shut down.

If I'm wrong then you haven't lost anything.

#19 Jogurt the Yogurt   YGRT CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

It's not about the money, it's the principle. If they're selling a game that basically won't exist in a month and they know it it's a cash grab and I won't support them ripping people off like that. Your consumer dollar is your voice.

From what I've read, it may or may not be P2P, but all ranks, saves, etc aren't directly on the PS3. Which means there are servers, which are being hosted by Gamespy - who is shutting down. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere that has convinced me the game won't exist come the shut down.

If I'm wrong then you haven't lost anything.

No you're right. Did some reading up, and it looks like this one will be a dud unless they migrate the service, which they may or may not be doing.