Disney Magical World is $19.99 + shipping at Toys R Us

Time to pricematch at bestbuy
If anyone is able to price match at Best Buy would love to know and really appreciate seeing it posted. My kid wants this game very badly, but I *really* don't want to drive over to Best Buy unless this is going to match.

If anyone is able to price match at Best Buy would love to know and really appreciate seeing it posted. My kid wants this game very badly, but I *really* don't want to drive over to Best Buy unless this is going to match.
As long as it's in stock on the website there's no reason they shouldn't. Target should PM it as well if that's closer for you.

As long as it's in stock on the website there's no reason they shouldn't. Target should PM it as well if that's closer for you.
Thanks... it hit me a couple seconds after I posted that they should pm if available on the website and should not need to see available in local stores (which is what made me post). Tired and not thinking today.

I was initially a bit bummed about this as I bought it for my girlfriend on launch day, but then I realized I used $20 in reward certificates on top of my GCU discount so it was essentially $4.

Anyone sending it to Amazon too?
Just sent as well. I was just at TRU 30 minutes ago looking for some of the clearance items, and I had no idea this was on sale. I'm not sure if they would have had it anyway, but it would have been good to check while I was there. Oh well, hopefully Amazon will price match today.

So is the game bad?
no it actually a really fun game if you thinking it bad just cause of a sale already then also keep in mind it is easter weekend so stores usually always have holiday sales. toys r us is running a easter sale right now and best buy is also going to have a special one day sale to which no one knows what it is yet either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was initially a bit bummed about this as I bought it for my girlfriend on launch day, but then I realized I used $20 in reward certificates on top of my GCU discount so it was essentially $4.
You should still be bummed because you wasted $10 of that reward certificate you could have spent on something else.

So should this be same price in store?

Not to mention it only came out a week ago so go get BBY to adjust it.
Bought at BBY last Friday using GCU. Would they do a price adjustment you think?

obamahmmw.png

Not to mention it only came out a week ago so go get BBY to adjust it.
best buy won't do a post purchase adjustment unless it best buy itself with it on sale they stopped doing post purchase matching of competitor prices when they ended the silver program
From the policy page: We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.
Keyword being "we" meaning best buy have to lower it

Thanks OP! I got a price match at Best Buy and my son was a happy camper. Almost regret not picking up a copy for myself.

What's Amazon waiting for! :(. As soon as I order it from TRU, Amazon will lower it...
Out of curiosity, is the thinking behind waiting on Amazon for Prime free/fast shipping? I see this a lot and just wondering what makes people go for Amazon over a place that might have a loyalty program (including Toys R Us and Best Buy). I see people holding out for Amazon often, this seems the only advantage. I know I would go with Amazon in a heartbeat over Toys R Us if they both had at same time when I bought, despite the taking part in the Toys R Us loyalty program, but no idea if this is generally why people actually wait on Amazon to price match.

Thanks OP! I got a price match at Best Buy and my son was a happy camper. Almost regret not picking up a copy for myself.

Out of curiosity, is the thinking behind waiting on Amazon for Prime free/fast shipping? I see this a lot and just wondering what makes people go for Amazon over a place that might have a loyalty program (including Toys R Us and Best Buy). I see people holding out for Amazon often, this seems the only advantage. I know I would go with Amazon in a heartbeat over Toys R Us if they both had at same time when I bought, despite the taking part in the Toys R Us loyalty program, but no idea if this is generally why people actually wait on Amazon to price match.
Me personally, if it's a game I'm not in a real hurry to play, Amazon is perfect. I don't have to deal with some clerk at the store, who has NO idea how to do a price match. Otherwise, it shows up at my door like a mini-Christmas present :)

Several reasons to do Amazon: many states still don't charge tax, and many people have credit there from trade-ins or [things like] the Radioshack promo.

best buy won't do a post purchase adjustment unless it best buy itself with it on sale they stopped doing post purchase matching of competitor prices when they ended the silver program
From the policy page: We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.
Keyword being "we" meaning best buy have to lower it
Didn't realize that, quite stupid. Well buy a new copy for $20 and return it with the original receipt.

Don't know if I actually want this or not but still stopped by BBY tonight and got a PM just in case since Amazon doesn't match it or it doesn't last until morning. Worst case scenario I return it.

You should still be bummed because you wasted $10 of that reward certificate you could have spent on something else.

So should this be same price in store?
I just went and it comes up $29.99 in store. I showed the website price of $19.99 and the cashier changed the price no issue. But then my second 3ds game (bat man) did not come up 40% off naturally. So the the manager did an override for that as well. out the door for $32. Thanks op!

Didn't realize that, quite stupid. Well buy a new copy for $20 and return it with the original receipt.

Don't know if I actually want this or not but still stopped by BBY tonight and got a PM just in case since Amazon doesn't match it or it doesn't last until morning. Worst case scenario I return it.
If you used reward certificates on the original purchase you won't be getting them back when you do a return with that receipt. Reward certificates effectively reduces the price of your purchase as if it was being sold at that price.

Anyone know how long this sale price is good for?
well there two days Easter sale was only yesterday and today so if this is a part of that sale then I would guess there a good chance tonight is the last night. Especially since toys r us sales usually run sundays through Saturdays.

If you used reward certificates on the original purchase you won't be getting them back when you do a return with that receipt. Reward certificates effectively reduces the price of your purchase as if it was being sold at that price.
Unless they've changed that since Christmas they've always been reissued to your account upon a return.

Thanks OP! Been wanting this game, hearing how it's similiar to three game series I love & being the disney nerd I am couldn't resist buying for this price. :) PM'd at best buy no problem. Also picked up a wii u rocketfish clear case for $1.99 clearance while I was there.

I was easily able to price match this at Best Buy tonight, no problems, just the standard manager override.  Picked it up for my daughter for Easter.  She is an Animal Crossing nut so I thought this would be a nice change of pace. 

For people saying they are submitting for price match to Amazon, how do you do this? According to what I found on their site they only price match TVs and cellphones, nothing else :(

For people saying they are submitting for price match to Amazon, how do you do this? According to what I found on their site they only price match TVs and cellphones, nothing else :(
On the game's page under the Product Details section, there is a link that says "tell us about a lower price?" Click on that link and submit the lower price. Then we wait and see if Amazon eventually matches.

On the game's page under the Product Details section, there is a link that says "tell us about a lower price?" Click on that link and submit the lower price. Then we wait and see if Amazon eventually matches.
Amazon is really dropping the ball on this one. What's the hold up?

This deal is still live, so act on it if you want it.  Also, like I said before, Best Buy price matched this without issues.  So if you want the rewards points, there you go!!

This deal is still live, so act on it if you want it. Also, like I said before, Best Buy price matched this without issues. So if you want the rewards points, there you go!!
Is Bestbuy CS even available today because the stores are closed so people can't go in person to pricematch.

....and Best Buy Customer Service will be YMMV, because this item doesn't have the 'Low Price Guarantee' above the Add To Cart button.

I just went to Toyrus today. They still have about 8 copy. It's ring up 29.99. Just let them know it;s 19.99 online and the have no problem adjust it. O:)

Grabbed a copy earlier today at Best Buy for $19.99, no problems. Only thing that sucks is that if you price match a competitor your 20% off GCU discount is void. $15.99 would have been amazing but it's fine. I love Disney and love the Animal Crossing series so this should be great!

For those that have been playing since release a couple weeks back, is there any (free or paid) limited time DLC and what do you need to do in order to get to said DLC? Also, how is the framerate? I remember ACNL's was somewhere in the ballpark of 20-30fps with and without 3D.

Thanks!

Grabbed a copy earlier today at Best Buy for $19.99, no problems. Only thing that sucks is that if you price match a competitor your 20% off GCU discount is void. $15.99 would have been amazing but it's fine. I love Disney and love the Animal Crossing series so this should be great!
i really hope if you get a PM that it doesn't count towards your 3 limit. Would be awful silly but it's BBY.

i really hope if you get a PM that it doesn't count towards your 3 limit. Would be awful silly but it's BBY.
then be prepared to laugh cause it does:

is the limit of 3 only on games that the 20% come off of? for instance if i go into best buy and buy a game but i price match it to another store price therefore not using my 20% will that count against my limit? or how about when best buy offer buy two get one free sale obvisiouly the 20% will not come off the free one so would the free one count toward the 3 limit to since the 20% was not used? just asking for clarification
Hello dreamer131313,

Thank you for being a Gamers Club Unlocked member, and thank you for visiting our forum. I will be happy to answer your question for you.

At this time there is no stipulation on the game limit of 3 based on method of payment, so if your Unlocked account is on the transaction, that would be considered one purchase.

Thanks!
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Question-about-new-GCU-purchase-limits/m-p/727603

bread's done
Back