Wii U for $99 at Sears (YMMV?)

APHughes

CAGiversary!
Saw a post on reddit so I called the Seattle Sears location and they had 2 in stock of the 32GB launch consoles. They showed as $199 but I asked him to ring them up and they came up as $99. I had him hold both for me and when I picked them up I had him check the Seattle area for more but none in stock.

This is only for the Nintendo Land bundle, NOT the Zelda or Mario bundles.

Good Luck

EDIT:picture http://m.imgur.com/kS0TkOe
http://m.imgur.com/egTJvT8

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to call all the sears this is nice thanks op

Noooooo sears is closed, oh well hope I remember to call tomorrow

Sears clearance prices are YMMV (already mentioned in OP but I know somebody is going to ask just because) though so just FYI.

Nice find OP this should be the new MSRP to move consoles considering this is everyone's second console and the library.

Yes I have one and yes i'm pumped for Mario Kart 8.

$99 should be the new MSRP? Are you serious? :roll:
It would put one in every gamers living room and move tons more copies of the 3-4 games a year actually worth playing. Plus people may buy something on a whim and buy old direct download games again.

Or

Stick to your guns and not sell many consoles and less of those big 3-4 games.

It would put one in every gamers living room and move tons more copies of the 3-4 games a year actually worth playing. Plus people may buy something on a whim and buy old direct download games again.

Or

Or sell your physical copies of Earthbound and Zelda: WW, plus a PS4 camera when it was OoS everywhere in Februrary, to pay for a Zelda bundle like I did. :)

Or

Or

They could lose money by selling their console for so low even though it's bundled with a tablet controller, over which they've already been sued and is the reason why they're in such financial distress right now. People would rather have the shitty PS Move and Kinect technology barely track their movements in-game than use something that actually works well, like the remote and tablet, because they force you to hold things and point things.

[quote name="Blade" post="11703187" timestamp="1398049130"]Or

They could lose money by selling their console for so low even though it's bundled with a tablet controller, over which they've already been sued and is the reason why they're in such financial distress right now. People would rather have the shitty PS Move and Kinect technology barely track their movements in-game than use something that actually works well, like the remote and tablet, because they force you to hold things and point things.[/quote]I have an Xbox One and a Wii, brother has a Wii U. The Kinect is so much more accurate than the Wii Remote it isn't even close. The tablet can be cool at times but is not worth paying for IMO.

It was only a matter of time before the warriors found their way here. Jesus, man. I don't care what side you're on, $99 for any console is a steal.

Even at $99 I would still have to think about it. $99 for a console that has 3-4 good rehash a year...... Don't know if it's worth it.

Meh, for $99 it'll be a good birthday gift for the kiddies. Thanks OP. 

It doesnt really have anything I would play now, but for $99, I would definitely invest for the inevidible smash bros and bayonetta.

Even at $99 I would still have to think about it. $99 for a console that has 3-4 good rehash a year...... Don't know if it's worth it.
I'm not saying it works for everyone as a primary console, but surely for this price there's some enjoyment to be had. The other two have virtually no couch co-op options at the moment.

I would pay $99 to get anyone who bitches about the Wii U in this thread banned.  No one fucking cares what you think about the system.

Thanks OP, going to call around in the morning and see what I can turn up.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

I really want the Zelda one... but if I can find this at my local Sears at this price, I'll pick it up without a second thought. Few Wii U games I have been meaning to pick up. Will check tomorrow

Ah yes this topic will turn into the typical "still not worth it" debate as usual. The system has good games but if you don't like them then you dont like them. Most people complaining about the system are the ones who don't even own it.

On the contrary, I find the console to be pretty damn awesome. Sure, it might not be as "technically advanced" as the other dubbed "next-gen" consoles, but it certainly has the potential to hold it's weight.

You can tell the capabilities it's able to push graphically with Pikmin and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I enjoyed the detail that went into the background and the Kongs' fur; you can feel it it flows so nicely.

Ultimately, the tablet is it's downfall. For a costly accessory, it is severely underutilized. When playing Wind Waker or Monster Hunter 3U, you can see the capabilities of the tablet. It can double as a map or inventory and adds so much extra to playing the game and giving more on-screen space for the environment. In Rayman Legends, you get a nice change of pace to the gameplay. However, in most games it does very little to add to gameplay and you can actually see different times when it would be helpful to use. How about stand-alone for GameBoy Virtual Console titles?

In all, it would be worth the $99. I'm extremely happy with it and I paid full-price for the Zelda bundle for my fiancée and me. It's all about what you want, though; just my two cents.

my store had 12 of these picked up 11 and let this kid get 1

if anyone wants 1 ill sell em for $270 each

my store had 12 of these picked up 11 and let this kid get 1

if anyone wants 1 ill sell em for $270 each
I'll give you $109. :I

(real talk though anybody expecting to have any luck going 'oh i got this for $99 HEH I'LL TOTES SELL YOU ONE FOR A $150 MARKUP' has to either be trolling or dumb as a post and twice as greedy)

anyways, thanks OP, gonna check my local Sears tomorrow.

I'll give you $109. :I

(real talk though anybody expecting to have any luck going 'oh i got this for $99 HEH I'LL TOTES SELL YOU ONE FOR A $150 MARKUP' has to either be trolling or dumb as a post and twice as greedy)

anyways, thanks OP, gonna check my local Sears tomorrow.
They're kidding. But you lost me at totes

If I could, I would ask any CAGers in my area to skip going to Sears tomorrow. No particular reason. I just uh... need some paper towels. Don't want it to get too crowded. I'm not going to get a Nintendo console or anything... really.

Appreciate the heads up. I've had my unopened copy of Wind Waker HD staring at me for a few weeks. It's high time for a Wii U.

Man I'd love to score a cheap Wii U just in time for Mario Kart.  The site only lets you check stock for the Mario  bundle and apparently only 1 of those left at my local store.  Makes me really doubt any Nintendo Land bundles are laying around.

EldritchOnRye if your reading this if i find some before you i will leave you one and if you find any before me leave me one 

i will msg you where i find it and you can do the same 

bread's done
Back