* * * * - 13 votes

[PC] Playfire Rewards Thread

pc playfire killed by pirates

#1411 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

To clarify earlier statements:

Flock and Age of Booty have been confirmed to be losing their MP with the GameSpy shutdown.

They're also not on the GameRanger list.

Dark Void is apparently a special case, and only the version sold through Microsoft's GFWL Store (now shut down) use GFWL, the Steam version and retail version do not use it.

This is a useful list for this sort of thing.

#1412 Thermopyle  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

New 20% off voucher is live: ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11

As usual, you must spend more than $10 to apply it.

#1413 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

Thanks. Good see to a voucher back though, even with the bs limit.

#1414 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Nooo I just wasted $2 on Remember Me! :(

#1415 Thermopyle  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

I wasted $6 on Saturday between Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. I'm still okay with that, though. When I start to accumulate much of a Rewards balance I always start worrying that my account will get banned for something.

Speaking of which, I just figured out another really obvious and easy way to game Playfire Rewards that could (with a bit of work) get you 6x your rewards; Family Sharing. Create 5 alt accounts, give all the alts access to your library, then as rewards are offered just switch between them to get the rewards. Since Steam doesn't differentiate games on your system from one account to another, you can download the game once and you're good to go for all 6 accounts (or SAM, if you're into that.)

Of course, this would require swapping between Steam accounts every time, and maintaining 6 separate sets of rewards through Playfire. There's definitely some tedium involved...but doable if somebody really wanted to. Way too much work for me, but you could do this and have it be absolutely legitimate (if you didn't SAM.)

Edit: Actually using the same system for all the accounts would mean that you'd have the local save files for your games. As you swapped to an account and launched the game, it might immediately upload all the achievements from your local save files to the Steam server. Basically play once, get paid 6 times. 

I haven't actually tested this, btw. But the logic works out.

#1416 Correlli   The guy with the small brain CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Correlli

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

D'oh!

Speaking of Remember Me - any thoughts?  Most reviews liken it to the recent Tomb Raider in terms of mechanics, but with a clunky combat system.  $8 (with coupon) is close enough to 75% off for me...

#1417 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23740 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

D'oh!

Speaking of Remember Me - any thoughts?  Most reviews liken it to the recent Tomb Raider in terms of mechanics, but with a clunky combat system.  $8 (with coupon) is close enough to 75% off for me...

MysterD's review on Remember Me:

http://store.steampo...mendgame/228300

#1418 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

D'oh!

I really don't know, I just collect. Totalbiscuit and Gametrailers are good places to start though.

#1419 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

With the new 20% off coupon you can get this...

MXGP $39.99 $20.16 after 20% off coupon

This is a historically low price for MXGP.

Edit: and yup Remember Me is an historic low too ...

Remember Me $29.99 $8.16 after 20% off coupon

#1420 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

If you already owned QUBE on Steam you should now own QUBE Directors Cut too, which has PF rewards until tomorrow evening.

Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - play for the first time - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Behind The Scenes - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Attractive - £0.25
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Push Me To Completion - £0.50

#1421 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5262 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

With the new 20% off coupon you can get this...

MXGP $39.99 $20.16 after 20% off coupon

This is a historically low price for MXGP.

It's not. Why u lie. ($5)

RIfgZVk.png

#1422 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

It's not. Why u lie. ($5)

RIfgZVk.png

I was just going off Enhanced Steam, when did that happen?

#1423 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8731 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Great, I could've used Playfire money to buy the D&D four pack at GMG and saved a bit. Now my group buy from Amazon is borked.

#1424 Thermopyle  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Goddammit. I hate it when I alt-tab to check something for a post I'm writing, then forget to post after I alt-tab back. Just saw a 3-paragraph post disappearing when I refreshed.  :wall:

Anyway; Started playing WH40k: Kill Team. It's alright. The camera has fixed positions based on where you are in a map, and those positions aren't that smart, so sometimes you can end up hidden behind walls. I've played the first map so far and when I was in a hidden location I shot something that blew up and killed me. Other than that I never got under 50% health while fighting the orks. It's on the easy side (so far.) Attack directions aren't free-range, either; if you rotate your shots you'll see that there are specific angles you shoot at. It's a bit annoying, to be honest. Killing orks is quite fun, but you start out with only Sternguard Veteran rather than being able to choose your character type. I expect the others will be more fun (I already unlocked the Librarian class by beating the first map.)

I wouldn't recommend the game for $8, especially since it's only around 4 hours long. Wait for $2.50 or $5 if you're a big WH40k fan.

#1425 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

My PF rewards aren't updating at all any more. I really hope I didn't get banned play Rush Bros. last night for nothing.

Also, I scoff at the idea of rewards talk being off-topic. What could be more on-topic than free money?

#1426 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5262 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

I was just going off Enhanced Steam, when did that happen?

Order Placed: 11 April 2014

#1427 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5262 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

My PF rewards aren't updating at all any more. I really hope I didn't get banned play Rush Bros. last night for nothing.

It's broken. Achievements don't track, but playtime do.

#1428 Thermopyle  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Mine are still working, but intermittently. I'll see playtime show up for some, but not others. I'll see achievements show up for some, but not others. I'll see some of the achievements that show up in my profile get rewards, but not others. Etc.. I really don't understand how they've got the rewards system set up. It makes no sense at all.

#1429 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Also, I scoff at the idea of rewards talk being off-topic. What could be more on-topic than free money?

Yeah, it seems First Plays are tracking but not achievements right now. Hopefully they'll catch up and I can grab some freebies on GMG

#1430 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Order Placed: 11 April 2014

Was it a glitch then?

#1431 spoderman  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

If you already owned QUBE on Steam you should now own QUBE Directors Cut too, which has PF rewards until tomorrow evening.

Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - play for the first time - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Behind The Scenes - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Attractive - £0.25
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Push Me To Completion - £0.50

They're all easy to do. The physics for a couple of the puzzles was glitchy for me near the end of the game, but I had no issues getting the playfire achievements.

#1432 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Yeah, my play time is still tracking, except for the three f2p games I ran last night. Although I only kept them open for a few seconds, usually that's enough. I still need to make a list of what rewards I never got, I know there were several from Strike Suit Zero and I may have been too close to the deadline for Chompy Chomp Chomp.

Also, despite my earlier comments I can't believe Rush Bros. is so widely hated. 98% thumbs down on Steam seems way over the top. The music integration is a little weak, but the controls seemed fine (maybe they aren't, but I'd usually prefer to blame my own lack of skill) and some of the level designs I tried were really clever.

#1433 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

I wrote a review for it: http://mr-ninjasquir...iew-remember-me

#1434 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Speaking of which, I just figured out another really obvious and easy way to game Playfire Rewards that could (with a bit of work) get you 6x your rewards; Family Sharing.

Already tested this. Doesn't work. Presumably Playfire checks your actual library listing instead of just your "Recently played" list. Steam sharing games don't show up in the library-proper even though they show up in the recently played games.

And by tested this I mean a friend of a friend tested it. Behind closed doors with consenting adults.

#1435 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5262 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

"

Will Playfire track my achievements earned on games played via Steam Family Sharing?

Not at the moment, this isn't to say that we aren't going to add it to the service going forwards but there are lots of logistical issues that need to be addressed."

They are probably aware of issues it would cause.

#1436 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4202 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

"

Will Playfire track my achievements earned on games played via Steam Family Sharing?

Not at the moment, this isn't to say that we aren't going to add it to the service going forwards but there are lots of logistical issues that need to be addressed."

They are probably aware of issues it would cause.

Mass SAM bannings imminent.

#1437 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Done with Rush Bros. Well, there's two .10 achievements left but I can't be bothered. Actually kinda had fun with it and they were really generous with the amounts too.

Went through my achievements and found 4 Strike Suit Zero, 3 Cargo Commander, and 2 Kung Fu Strike rewards they never gave me though, so it's time to contact support. Wish me luck.

#1438 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8731 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

They stopped tracking my achievements after I played Tower of Guns and Chompy Chomp Chomp for the first time. Four days ago.

I guess I won't be seeing that extra UKbuck.

#1439 spoderman  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

They stopped tracking my achievements after I played Tower of Guns and Chompy Chomp Chomp for the first time. Four days ago.

Same here.. stopped tracking when I got the Chompy Chomp Chompy achievements.

#1440 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4202 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Same here.. stopped tracking when I got the Chompy Chomp Chompy achievements.

Oddly enough, my alt account is tracking, but nothing has shown in my rewards page for nearly 2 weeks :-k