Best Psp memory stick?

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!
My psp no longer reads umds so I did the whole modding thing so I could put the isos for my games on it to have at any time. However, I only have a 4gb stick which holds maybe 3 games at the most. I'm needing a nice cheap memory stick with lots of space, such as the 32gb. Any recommendations on how to proceed?

Search on eBay for something along the lines of "psp 32gb", and you'll find people selling a bundle containing a 32 GB microSD card and an adapter for using it with your PSP.  They sell for around $20, if I remember correctly.

I bought one a couple of years ago, and it has worked really well.  On occasion (maybe 5% of the time), my PSP says "no memory stick inserted" or whatever, but that's quickly remedied by five seconds of taking it out and putting it back in.

I second using a microsd card with an adapter, but if you check tigerdirect, they have 64 gb micro sd cards for only $35.

Should be fine, the adapter you get is very likely to be a chinese knock off no matter which one you get.

I tried one of those double micro sd cards to pro duo adapters.

I couldn't get the card to be recognized by my computer as one big card, rather than two small ones.  It would just recognize one of the cards at a time.

If I had the money and the knowhow, I so would make a 256GB memory card for my PSP.  128GB + 128GB = Never need to worry about memory for my PSP.

Then, don't use a double card, since those seem to be where most of the issues stem, just use a single card adapter.

Don't use it?!  Why are you giving up?  I refuse to give up.  Just because one obstacle gets in my way.  I figured it out that it works with my PS3 and games that I bought.

Then again, I gave up on Pokemon after HeartGold.  I just didn't have the drive and passion that I had as a little kid so long ago.  I'm glad I didn't listen to you.  I would be staring at my PSP, wishing a Vita.  Curse you obstacle of 1st world country poverty.

I tried one of those double micro sd cards to pro duo adapters.

I couldn't get the card to be recognized by my computer as one big card, rather than two small ones. It would just recognize one of the cards at a time.

If I had the money and the knowhow, I so would make a 256GB memory card for my PSP. 128GB + 128GB = Never need to worry about memory for my PSP.
A long time ago i purchased 2 of those dual card adapters for PSP's and i noticed the same problem, my solution to that problem was to place both memory cards into the adapter, place into the psp, and format from the psp. I made sure to separately check each memory card to see if it functioned beforehand and made sure they were both running the same partitioning, like fat or fat32, obviously it was fat32. Then i formatted them on the psp and i had to transfer everything while the memory card was in the psp rather than plugging it directly to a computer, it was slow but it worked. Im also pretty sure it only works up to 32GB. So the best configuration for one of those dual adapters would be 2 16GB's. Also if you load lets say like 15GB's of Isos then try to load another large iso as its transitioning from one of the 16GB's to the other, it creates errors. Like it wont load half the iso onto one stick and half onto the other. So you have to do some mental math and move things around correctly. and there will always be some extra space you might not ever fill up.

I plan to fix up a few PSP's to resell at some point here and i know im gonna be buying a bunch of those because of how cheap used mem cards are that are compatible with these cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
i plan on doing the same thing as op. question for any of you with knowledge of this, is it possible to get a dual adapter to recognize a 16gb and a 32gb card?

i plan on doing the same thing as op. question for any of you with knowledge of this, is it possible to get a dual adapter to recognize a 16gb and a 32gb card?
As far as i know, no. 32GB is pretty much the max. Now im speaking in reference to the chinese made adapter that usually sells for like 3 bucks now. Used to be 14 bucks.

http://www.dx.com/p/photofast-cr-5400-dual-slot-sdhc-microsd-tf-to-ms-pro-duo-adapter-32gb-max-16489#.U2ffdK1dVRI

There might be newer ones that can do larger amounts of memory, but im not 100% sure. I know 32GB is more than enough. You can also buy a Compact Flash Adapter, but i dont even know who makes them anymore.

you guys are lucky. I have a PSP GO that I bought for 50 at GS. They don't use the same memory as the PSP 1000/2000/3000, I had to buy a 16GB m2 card used for half the price I paid for the GO at amazon.

is there a difference between samsung micro sd and sandisk micro sd, or are they the same and only different by name?
All "micro sd" cards are the same physical size/format, but some are faster at reading/writing data than others. Speed of the card is rated as "Class", and a Class 2 card is much slower than a class 10 (they're rated 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10). Samsung and Sandisk are just different manufacturers.

All "micro sd" cards are the same physical size/format, but some are faster at reading/writing data than others. Speed of the card is rated as "Class", and a Class 2 card is much slower than a class 10 (they're rated 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10). Samsung and Sandisk are just different manufacturers.
so cards from manufacturers such as patriot and kingston, etc would be the same regardless? (unless the class is different)

so cards from manufacturers such as patriot and kingston, etc would be the same regardless? (unless the class is different)
Yep, just different manufacturers, the sd cards are the same (although keep in mind there are three different physical card sizes, regular, mini, and micro sd). However, 64gb and higher cards may not work in some devices (psp is max 32gb I think).

Here's some good info:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

bread's done
Back