5$ coupon from bestbuy (ymmv) check your mail !

What is the point of these "Check your email" threads? As if no one ever checks their email.

I imagine 99.9% of these are from people who earned a rewards certificate and didn't pay attention. Besides these aren't actually deals because its purely by random chance that a small select set of people will get one, and if you didn't get one there is no way to take advantage of "The Deal" thus negating the purpose of posting it.

Sometimes Gmail puts some of my Best Buy emails in the spam folder.  A thread like this helped me in the past.  I am glad the OP posted this even though I didn't get one.

If a thread doesn't interest me I don't click on it.  Seems simple enough.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the point of these "Check your email" threads? As if no one ever checks their email.

I imagine 99.9% of these are from people who earned a rewards certificate and didn't pay attention. Besides these aren't actually deals because its purely by random chance that a small select set of people will get one, and if you didn't get one there is no way to take advantage of "The Deal" thus negating the purpose of posting it.
Well, it might prompt people to check their spam/junk folder if the email got filtered away. I check that randomly maybe four times a year.

FYI, I didn't have to check my spam folder to see mine. ;)

Wonder if everyone will troll your thread as bad as they did mine last week. Once upon a time the CAG community appreciated these heads up....now it's all about flips.

First time I received one of the fabled Best Buy email coupons. Not sure how they miss me either...

(I have Gamer Unlocked and I have shopped there at least once a week the past few months)

if it was a rewards coupon from my points i wouldnt bother posting this. i always keep track of my points

The point is to check your junk/spam folder so you don't lose out on the coupons. Some people have multiple emails and spam folder that they may not check regularly.

These emails specifically stat they are "we miss you" coupons with a 2 week expiration, not multiple months like the standard certs. Some people in the past (not me personally) have called customer service, and politely asked if they would recieve this "deal" and have been successful.

If you have any further questions, please continue to Troll this thread I will try my best to educate you. Together we can conquer your ignorance.

I never get these :/.
Make sure all of your info in synced mybb, email address & phone #.

Also, even with the random coupons it`s not all that random at all, putting yourself "in the system" more frequently not just with purchases makes a difference too. A few CAG lurkers stated things changed after they did a BB phone & email/store survey,, seemed like once they responded a few weeks later they starter getting more attention.

Phew, haven't checked my email in over a month because nobody on CAG has reminded me to.  Thanks OP!  There were a lot of messages in there!

I think I'm just going to just fraudulently make up one of these threads some day. Then EVERYONE will know what it feels like to lose five dollars that they never had in the first place. 

FYI: I feel lousy, but very "meh" about the lousiness. 

Got this as well, 1st time I have ever received any if these the BB promos.

They miss me... I preordered Wolfenstein 2 days ago, clingy much? Lol

I don't believe it.

I honestly don't believe this.

For the first time I've actually received one of these things over the past year and a half of seeing these damn topics. I actually got the cerificate. I'd crack open a beer if I didn't have to go to work now.

Never got these in the past, and surprise surprise,

1HWQIPa.gif

I got an email from Best Buy this morning too!

Unfortunately all it was was them telling me how I get free expedited shipping. Thanks BB, as if I didn't know, I've only been Silver/ Elite Plus for the past few years. 

Still continuing my streak of never once having received these promo certificates. 

Lol. I never get these from BBY but always get these from sears.

Small plug, If you guys haven't signed up for sears /kmart shop your way rewards these come in every month ranging from $3-$15. Last 2 of 3 have been $15 for me. About the only thing they hav done right lately

they dont actually miss anyone, it's just a data collection technique...they can afford to send out $5 certs to a random sample to see how many people use them, and on what....write that off to marketing or research or whatever.  

edited to add:

my point is that it would sound weird to say " you've been randomly selected to be included in a data mining event" so they tell you they missed you.  which only sounds a little less weird.  ;)

Lol I can't even check my account on my phone. The app is broken and the mobile site keeps asking me to sign in. Why does best buy make it so hard to shop there.

Make sure all of your info in synced mybb, email address & phone #.

Also, even with the random coupons it`s not all that random at all, putting yourself "in the system" more frequently not just with purchases makes a difference too. A few CAG lurkers stated things changed after they did a BB phone & email/store survey,, seemed like once they responded a few weeks later they starter getting more attention.
Yeah all my information is up to date and identical across all of Best Buy's system. As far as the survey is concerned, I have already answered four of those this year :/.

Yeah all my information is up to date and identical across all of Best Buy's system. As far as the survey is concerned, I have already answered four of those this year :/.
If that`s the case post on the forums requesting confirmation that you`re "opt in" to recieving BB promotionals beyond the basic notification emails. That`s usually a BB system error most of the follow up responses from people in this situation seem to be once that change is made w/i the 1st 30 days they start recieving stuff.

I know when I 1st started responding to BB feedback they increased the amount of things I was sent, the text message/emailed 10% off codes, early notification to silver shopping events, promotional $5-$20 rz or E-giftcards & exclusive coupon packs. When some of these were posted on CAG not all silver members were getting them but thru that process alot of details were put out thru the forums mods.

They currently seem to be fixing/modding the B-day coupons atm.

I didn't get this one, but I while checking I noticed that I got a $10 'we miss you' coupon from sears o_O Combined with the SYW Max they keep extending for free and the $4 they always put in everyone's accounts, this may actually make it feasible to buy a game from them O.O

Haven't shopped at bb since nov, no $5 email lol.

Out of curiousity, those That received emails have you shopped within 90days?

If that`s the case post on the forums requesting confirmation that you`re "opt in" to recieving BB promotionals beyond the basic notification emails. That`s usually a BB system error most of the follow up responses from people in this situation seem to be once that change is made w/i the 1st 30 days they start recieving stuff.
I know when I 1st started responding to BB feedback they increased the amount of things I was sent, the text message/emailed 10% off codes, early notification to silver shopping events, promotional $5-$20 rz or E-giftcards & exclusive coupon packs. When some of these were posted on CAG not all silver members were getting them but thru that process alot of details were put out thru the forums mods.
They currently seem to be fixing/modding the B-day coupons atm.
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. I did speak to Mike on the Best Buy unboxed forum since I wasn't getting the GCU coupons, but it seems that whatever they did in the system hasn't really made much of a difference.

Wow. They never send me anything, and this time they did! In store only though.

bread's done
Back