ZombiU for 14.99$ on Amazon for WiiU

Great game. Got a little repeittive towards the end of the game. It ends up being a true survival horror game most of the time. 

Sadly the game bombed on the Wii U according to Ubisoft in terms of how much was spent to make the game even at selling over a half million, so there won't be a sequel.

Great game. Got a little repeittive towards the end of the game. It ends up being a true survival horror game most of the time.

Sadly the game bombed on the Wii U according to Ubisoft in terms of how much was spent to make the game even at selling over a half million, so there won't be a sequel.
Agreed. I really enjoyed the local multiplayer as well. I think it's some of the best gaming you can do with two people in one room with a Wii U.

Wow, it's like we aren't even thinking of the same system.

ZombiU was a horrid piece of shit that sold way more than it deserved. The graphics looked more like a Wii game than a PS3, let alone WiiU title. It was the buggiest, glitchiest, most unfinished PoS I've ever seen (well, aside from maybe Aliens CM) and felt more like a poorly done, early beta build than a title anywhere near ready for release. I tried to play through it 3 times, and EVERY time I ran into a bug making it impossible to progress, and naturally the autosave would kick in instantly to ensure I was screwed. Characters falling through the floor and dying (making essential story items unobtainable), being trapped in the safehouse with no way out, and running out of C4 all halted my progress. And online multiplayer should've been a give-in for this game, but of course it's restricted to local only. Not to mention that the whole game felt rather bland and, aside from the British motif, lacked any real character/substance or identity of it's own.

I just want to say this one more time just to stress it...... if you explore too much, it is possible to get stuck in a position with no C4 and no way to progress. They designed a game that doesn't have enough of an essential story item to get through. Never, in all my years as a developer, have I ever heard of such asinine, lazy, unprofessional bullshit before, and I really hope people lost their jobs over it (though it's Ubisoft so I doubt it, they've always been the shittiest big-name publisher/developer out there). That level of carelessness is unacceptable no matter what job you do.

Now don't get me wrong, as a proof of concept ZombiU was great, and if they hired a completely different team to do a sequel and actually FINISH the game it could be a great experience. I really did enjoy most of the ways the game utilized the gamepad, and it had some pretty great mechanics and ideas in terms of battling the zombies. But that doesn't mean jack shit when your game isn't finished and doesn't work.

The only thing that blows my mind more than the fact that the game was released in this state was the reviews I read. Ubisoft must've spent some serious dough to get these reviews as high as they were (not that a 77 on Metacritic is that high, but it's double what the game deserved). I guess the fact that it was the only original launch title that wasn't an overpriced 2D platformer or minigame compilation had something to do with it..... and even ZombiU looks half decent next to Tank! lol.

So yeah, that's my rant. No way is ZomiU worth $15. It's worth a $1 rental just to experience the rather innovative uses of the gamepad in a horror game, but not a penny more.

Last edited:
Wow, it's like we aren't even thinking of the same system.

ZombiU was a horrid piece of shit that sold way more than it deserved. The graphics looked more like a Wii game than a PS3, let alone WiiU title. It was the buggiest, glitchiest, most unfinished PoS I've ever seen (well, aside from maybe Aliens CM) and felt more like a poorly done, early beta build than a title anywhere near ready for release. I tried to play through it 3 times, and EVERY time I ran into a bug making it impossible to progress, and naturally the autosave would kick in instantly to ensure I was screwed. Characters falling through the floor and dying (making essential story items unobtainable), being trapped in the safehouse with no way out, and running out of C4 all halted my progress. And online multiplayer should've been a give-in for this game, but of course it's restricted to local only. Not to mention that the whole game felt rather bland and, aside from the British motif, lacked any real character/substance or identity of it's own.

I just want to say this one more time just to stress it...... if you explore too much, it is possible to get stuck in a position with no C4 and no way to progress. They designed a game that doesn't have enough of an essential story item to get through. Never, in all my years as a developer, have I ever heard of such asinine, lazy, unprofessional bullshit before, and I really hope people lost their jobs over it (though it's Ubisoft so I doubt it, they've always been the shittiest big-name publisher/developer out there). That level of carelessness is unacceptable no matter what job you do.

Now don't get me wrong, as a proof of concept ZombiU was great, and if they hired a completely different team to do a sequel and actually FINISH the game it could be a great experience. I really did enjoy most of the ways the game utilized the gamepad, and it had some pretty great mechanics and ideas in terms of battling the zombies. But that doesn't mean jack shit when your game isn't finished and doesn't work.

The only thing that blows my mind more than the fact that the game was released in this state was the reviews I read. Ubisoft must've spent some serious dough to get these reviews as high as they were (not that a 77 on Metacritic is that high, but it's double what the game deserved). I guess the fact that it was the only original launch title that wasn't an overpriced 2D platformer or minigame compilation had something to do with it..... and even ZombiU looks half decent next to Tank! lol.

So yeah, that's my rant. No way is ZomiU worth $15. It's worth a $1 rental just to experience the rather innovative uses of the gamepad in a horror game, but not a penny more.
Jesus. Someone REALLY doesn't like ZombiU.

Jesus. Someone REALLY doesn't like ZombiU.
Nope, I paid $60 right after launch for it because I was desperate for something new to play on my system besides NintendoLand, so they got me good. I can honestly say I've never spent that much money on that terrible a game before.

I know I give Nintendo a hard time for a lot of their backwards policies and leaving the WiiU to rot (more or less), but the system certainly deserves better than this.

Last edited:
Agreed. I really enjoyed the local multiplayer as well. I think it's some of the best gaming you can do with two people in one room with a Wii U.
Huh. Never tried the Multi Player. I'll have to give it a whirl sometime.

Zombi U sucks *snippet*
Thanks for voicing this. It's always good to get TWO sides of the story. To me it was great, to you it wasn't. I must have had better luck with the bugs/glitches, then again I only ran into Batman Jesus (aka walking on water) in Arkham Origins. Not a single glitch in Zombi U and I explored almost everything outside of hacking all the security boxes.

And I've only played the local multiplayer! I bought it based on this review. To sum up the review's thoughts: the Wii U hardware makes it a unique multiplayer experience. I knew what I was getting into and was not disappointed. I paid $20 and felt like I received my money's worth with the fun I've had. Local multiplayer isn't a common feature nowadays.

And I've only played the local multiplayer! I bought it based on this review. To sum up the review's thoughts: the Wii U hardware makes it a unique multiplayer experience. I knew what I was getting into and was not disappointed. I paid $20 and felt like I received my money's worth with the fun I've had. Local multiplayer isn't a common feature nowadays.
The multiplayer is local only. There were an interesting spotpass features where you could encounter dead zombies from your friend's games and take their loot, but since nobody's playing it anymore I doubt anybody would get much use out of it now. You can also paint little symbols on the floor for other players to see, but honestly that got more annoying than anything else.

The multiplayer is certainly fun for awhile, but without online or a regular rotation of friends it does wear thin after an hour or so. I think with a bit more variety and an online component, the multiplayer could've been something special.

Thanks for voicing this. It's always good to get TWO sides of the story. To me it was great, to you it wasn't. I must have had better luck with the bugs/glitches, then again I only ran into Batman Jesus (aka walking on water) in Arkham Origins. Not a single glitch in Zombi U and I explored almost everything outside of hacking all the security boxes.
No problem, I thought it was worth sharing if somebody is thinking about purchasing the game. I don't think it could ever have been GOTY material or anything, but some patches fixing all the glitches I ran into would certainly go a long way towards improving the experience. Or at least disable that god damned autosave so that when the game does bug out and I lose the Drs eyeball or w/e I won't be screwed.

I didn't even bother mentioning the smaller bugs, but I ran into plenty. I've dealt with crappy bugs in Assassin's Creed and other games, but I've never been unable to complete a game before because of them.

Last edited:
Too bad it was a WiiU exclusive would be nice to get updated version on PS3/PS4 with strong MP base. Maybe someone will copy the formula or Ubisoft will craft a sequel/extension on other systems in hope of creating another legit franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game is definitely worth $15.  Although a bit on the short side, I had a blast playing the game.  Played through it twice in fact as it was too fun to go through just once.  Didn't run into a single bug myself (not even something small).  I paid $35 and I felt it was worth it, so $15 is definitely a good price.

Yeah, it should since its brand new. However, nintendo stopped that post gameplay survey for 10 coins i heard.
That was only for Wii and DS games, Wii U and 3DS games should still have Post-Play Surveys, though they are only valid for 30 days after offering as opposed to the 120 days from before.

I've always wanted to pick up ZombiU sometime, despite the cons I've heard on it, thanks for the heads up.

That was only for Wii and DS games, Wii U and 3DS games should still have Post-Play Surveys, though they are only valid for 30 days after offering as opposed to the 120 days from before.

I've always wanted to pick up ZombiU sometime, despite the cons I've heard on it, thanks for the heads up.
thanks for the correction. :)

Too bad it was a WiiU exclusive would be nice to get updated version on PS3/PS4 with strong MP base. Maybe someone will copy the formula or Ubisoft will craft a sequel/extension on other systems in hope of creating another legit franchise.
It would be a bit odd playing it on other systems.

On the Wii U Gamepad:

- You loot items. Your supposed to look at the gamepad while you loot the items, gives you a sense of urgency as zombies could be walking in front of you on the screen and ready to attack while your busy looting.

- Using the crossbow you *aim* at your TV shooting Zombies.

- You can view entire maps on the Wii U Game Pad

- There's a pinging like ability that gets built into your gamepad that shows life signs of zombies, kinda like how it was in the Alien movies. So when your stationary not doing anything you can see where the zombies are.

Bunch of other features specific to the gamepad. But I do agree that it would have been nice for MP to be online, especially on the Wii U all considering. I don't exactly turn on my Wii U for online MP.

It would be a bit odd playing it on other systems.

On the Wii U Gamepad:
- You loot items. Your supposed to look at the gamepad while you loot the items, gives you a sense of urgency as zombies could be walking in front of you on the screen and ready to attack while your busy looting.
- Using the crossbow you *aim* at your TV shooting Zombies.
- You can view entire maps on the Wii U Game Pad
- There's a pinging like ability that gets built into your gamepad that shows life signs of zombies, kinda like how it was in the Alien movies. So when your stationary not doing anything you can see where the zombies are.

Bunch of other features specific to the gamepad. But I do agree that it would have been nice for MP to be online, especially on the Wii U all considering. I don't exactly turn on my Wii U for online MP.
Sounds good creative ways to utilize the gamepad, we need more unique stuff the gen to much COD follow the leader crap. Zombie games with a true fear factor aka what survival horror should be like RE w/tension & limited resources hold the load times.

Best zombie game since REmake, everyone needs to play this.

Can't recall any bugs/glitches either, despite having played through it several times.

bread's done
Back