(In-Store Only) 4/27-5/11 $10 Kmart Award Card w/Two $50 Visa Giftcards, $5 Award Card w/$25 Kmart Gift Card @ Kmart

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy two $50 Visa Giftcards get a $10 Kmart Award
$4 activation fee per $50 Visa card
Or
Buy one $25 Kmart Giftcard get a $5 Kmart Award card

They also continued the extra $2 SYWR promo per offer(Max $4 per SYWR account) so it`s $7 back on the 1st two $25 Kmart giftcards or 4 Visa`s.

Awards cards usuable 5/12-5/17

Weekly ad for when this promo goes live
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330429-54-510-20-sywr-credit-wwolfenstein-pre-order-10-credit-wany-3ds-xl-mario-golf-or-kirby-triple-deluxe-kmart/

Ad scans
http://www.weeklyshoppingad.com/kmart/

You can use either promo to double dip points combined with that weeks $10 SYWR promos
You get $20 credit with Watchdogs pre-orders, $55 3DS XL or select 3DS games. Buy the visa or kmart giftcards 1st then use them to buy any of the $20 promo offers.
YOU CAN`T PAY FOR WATCHDOGS PRE-ORDER WITH KMART GIFTCARD but you CAN use the pre-paid visa`s

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gaming related but you also can get a $5 award can for spending $30 or more on Spiderman related merchandise. Includes dvds/movies if you were planning to use the giftcards on something in-store for a further double dip.

Thanks Enuf for the heads up. I really make the most of the $25 GC deals. I know you like pumping your own deals but don't bother pushing this too hard. For starters a lot of people just refuse to step foot in Kmart and second the more people that abuse this the more likely it is that they'll be real strict about buying more then two gift cards OR they'll just shut it down.

It's gotten so bad at my Kmart's that they are starting to run out of standard gift cards.

Thanks Enuf for the heads up. I really make the most of the $25 GC deals. I know you like pumping your own deals but don't bother pushing this too hard. For starters a lot of people just refuse to step foot in Kmart and second the more people that abuse this the more likely it is that they'll be real strict about buying more then two gift cards OR they'll just shut it down.

It's gotten so bad at my Kmart's that they are starting to run out of standard gift cards.
Are you getting the kmart gc`s or visa`s? Kinda curious to know what the fees are.

This deal isn`t as good as the last since there`s only 1 offer on a gaming system but at least you can buy the visa cards this time around which was a huge complaint from people being "stuck" with Kmart credit.

You can also use the visa`s on the $20 pre-orders too. Bethseda is REALLY pushing WOLFENSTEIN after a week you won`t be able to get a good TIV.

if you buy multiple $25 kmart gift cards do they keep giving you $5 award cards for each one??? Does it exclude any type of purchases with the awards card/points???

4$ activation fee means that you are basically only getting a 2$ gift card, no thanks lol
The visa`s are good if you`re using them to pre-order a game that comes with $20 credit though since you ca`t use a kmart gc for those otherwise it`s better to double dip the gc`s on stuff that comes with credit already.
Close to a $100 credit on a galaxy tablet ain`t bad
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330429-54-510-20-sywr-credit-wwolfenstein-pre-order-10-credit-wany-3ds-xl-mario-golf-or-kirby-triple-deluxe-kmart/

if you buy multiple $25 kmart gift cards do they keep giving you $5 award cards for each one??? Does it exclude any type of purchases with the awards card/points???
Yes, you just have to do multiple transactions to get another $5 card. A store rep may limit you but not the system.

I don`t think you can buy the visa`s with the points or award cards but that`s it I think.

thanks for the reply.  was thinking about buying 15 x $25 = $375 + $75 ($5 awards cards) = $450.  Should cover the cost of a PS4 with tax.  

thanks for the reply. was thinking about buying 15 x $25 = $375 + $75 ($5 awards cards) = $450. Should cover the cost of a PS4 with tax.
Sounds good that`s what people did when the 1st wave of these offers came up 3 weeks ago. Remember the award cards are only redeemable for a limited time. Remember you probably will need to space out the gc transactions assuming the cashier doesn`t give you grief.

Edit:Wow $450 for a PS4

well you would only be paying $375 from your pocket.
Sticker shock I remember telling people to do the BB 5x rz pt promo which was similiar to this but you`d reduce the PS4 to $200 or less. Although it won`t be as reduced to $200 the same formula can be applied at BB now to get a PS4 for far less than $375.

Seriously, considering going for that $100ish credit on the galaxy tab & even the $40ish on the cheaper kindle fire HD. Going think on it for a day or two...really wish BB would match these credit offers excluding the gc double dips since they offer more nintendo options.

Sticker shock I remember telling people to do the BB 5x rz pt promo which was similiar to this but you`d reduce the PS4 to $200 or less. Although it won`t be as reduced to $200 the same formula can be applied at BB now to get a PS4 for far less than $375.

Seriously, considering going for that $100ish credit on the galaxy tab & even the $40ish on the cheaper kindle fire HD. Going think on it for a day or two...really wish BB would match these credit offers excluding the gc double dips since they offer more nintendo options.
Just stop.

Less work and less out of pocket with this deal then the BB deal that involves buying multiple prepaid credit cards... waiting to earn points... waiting to redeem points... etc.

Kmart has coupons that work on electronics, points post immediately (except for the $2 tied to the GC promo) and most of the time they give you merchandise credit for the $5 card instead of the promo card---and if you live in a state like Maine, the promo cards won't expire.

I'll take no waiting over point churning any day of the week. Besides I'm getting 20% extra in GC's and I often get 10-20% back in points coupons that work on consoles. Destroys x3 RZ pts purcases.

Might do this when I get paid. Never bought a Visa Gift card before.  Do these Visa gift cards work like some other gift cards that the balance eventually decreases after some time?  Also, do these require you to set up some sort of account online and/or by calling a phone number?

I'm only familar with Paypal cash cards and Amazon gift cards.  Thanks ahead and sorry for noobishness with these things.  I might end up using the Visa Cards to buy stuff online that doesn't take Paypal.

I'm curious on something. I recently tried this deal for the Mario kart and It backfired! I bought 2 kmart $25 gift card but unfortunately they do not accept kmart gift cards on pre orders. Personally I think that's bogus so I had no other choice to get amazon gift cards. I received my 2 $5 gift cards but still waiting on my $4 extra. In the end I pre ordered it at best buy Anyways getting to the point are you able to use the kmart gift cards to buy a Visa card? If this is possible you can double dip there as we'll.

Why the he'll can't u pre-order with gift cards that's dumb

[quote name="anotherpoorgamer" post="11735648" timestamp="1399257532"]Might do this when I get paid. Never bought a Visa Gift card before.  Do these Visa gift cards work like some other gift cards that the balance eventually decreases after some time?  Also, do these require you to set up some sort of account online and/or by calling a phone number?
I'm only familar with Paypal cash cards and Amazon gift cards.  Thanks ahead and sorry for noobishness with these things.  I might end up using the Visa Cards to buy stuff online that doesn't take Paypal.[/quote]
To purchase at some retailers or site you may need to register but most of the time you just pay as "credit" & any name/address question use your billing or shipping info. There is a non usage fee after like a year or even two(some states don`t allow it to expire). When you have only a feww dollars or cents just right the amount on the actual card & use it before you finish paying for a basic item like groceries.

[quote name="Cuauhtblanco" post="11736466" timestamp="1399308186"]I'm curious on something. I recently tried this deal for the Mario kart and It backfired! I bought 2 kmart $25 gift card but unfortunately they do not accept kmart gift cards on pre orders. Personally I think that's bogus so I had no other choice to get amazon gift cards. I received my 2 $5 gift cards but still waiting on my $4 extra. In the end I pre ordered it at best buy Anyways getting to the point are you able to use the kmart gift cards to buy a Visa card? If this is possible you can double dip there as we
Don`t think their system allows it like BB & Walmart the only way. You would either need to flip to amazon & trade the amazon for cash/credit or buy quick flip products from kmart them trade for credit. Thanks to the high prices of phones/tablets I`ve found it easy to buy one of these devices using store credit & then have a person buy a $500 visa card to trade.

Nevermind cant use gift cards to pre order.....  but Watch dogs was $20 in points for pre order in todays ad.

Nevermind cant use gift cards to pre order..... but Watch dogs was $20 in points for pre order in todays ad.
Yeah, you`d have to do the visa offer & then use them to pre-order the $8 fee per offer hurts the value of the deal but since there are other stacks it may still work for some. The full weekly ad details are already linked in the OP along with ad scans.

I might need some help here:

I'm considering this just to have amazon credit.  Do they have BB cards too?

So do I buy each Kmart GC in a separate transaction to get that $5 Award Card?

What is the difference between the awards card and the Kmart GC? just the expiration? I can buy the amazon card w/ both types right? 

TIA and sorry for so many questions!

[quote name="strait edge follower" post="11731851" timestamp="1399067304"]4$ activation fee means that you are basically only getting a 2$ gift card, no thanks lol[/quote]

Well yeah, it's just common sense that you have to sink thousands of dollars into prepaid VISAs to get minimum wage in K-mart gift cards. Isn't that how all CAGs pay for their games?

Seriously though, $2 wouldn't even cover the gas to K-mart, let alone the time and hassle.

I might need some help here:

I'm considering this just to have amazon credit. Do they have BB cards too?

So do I buy each Kmart GC in a separate transaction to get that $5 Award Card?
What is the difference between the awards card and the Kmart GC? just the expiration? I can buy the amazon card w/ both types right?
TIA and sorry for so many questions!
The fine print says limit of two but you`re only limited by a cashier there`s and if you really go overboard using just 1 SYWR account so make more than 1 account to space them out. Buy 1 $25 gc per transaction to get the award cards correctly. In this link from the 1st wave of deals you`ll see a kmart vet completely break it down.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329422-in-store-5-kmart-award-card-2sywr-w25-kmartitunesxbox-or-regal-gc-104-credit-wxb1-84-credit-wps4-kmart-ends-419/page-2#entry11686196

I know my local kmarts do have a gc rack with several different retailer gc`s but I`m not sure if BB is one. Not sure if gc`s can be used either or if the system will allow it but reps may not, if you`re already there doing it try worse thing they can say is no & you still get the amazon cards.
Awards cards are the same except for the expiration but some stores will give a reg gc instead & GBAstar stated in certain states they don`t expire.

So I have 3 SYWR accounts.  Really thinking about buying 6 Kmart gift cards in 6 separate transactions to get 6 $5 Award Cards. 

Then buy like 6 Amazon $25 gift cards with the 6 $25 Kmart gift cards. Can I use more than one Kmart gift / Award card to buy an Amazon gift card right? 

I'll probably wait a week or so before buying the Amazon cards so that the cashiers won't hate me.

Edit:  I doubt this will work, using a Kmart gift card or Award card to pay for Amazon gift cards.  Might have better luck using the prepaid Visa cards though.  The activation fees and the higher price kill it for me though. 

I would need $600 cash to cover the Visa cards themselves, then $48 to cover the activation fees.  In order to get $60 in Award cards and $6 in SYWR points spread 3 ways for the 3 accounts.

The fine print says limit of two but you`re only limited by a cashier there`s and if you really go overboard using just 1 SYWR account so make more than 1 account to space them out. Buy 1 $25 gc per transaction to get the award cards correctly. In this link from the 1st wave of deals you`ll see a kmart vet completely break it down.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329422-in-store-5-kmart-award-card-2sywr-w25-kmartitunesxbox-or-regal-gc-104-credit-wxb1-84-credit-wps4-kmart-ends-419/page-2#entry11686196

I know my local kmarts do have a gc rack with several different retailer gc`s but I`m not sure if BB is one. Not sure if gc`s can be used either or if the system will allow it but reps may not, if you`re already there doing it try worse thing they can say is no & you still get the amazon cards.
Awards cards are the same except for the expiration but some stores will give a reg gc instead & GBAstar stated in certain states they don`t expire.
Awesome thanks Enuf! Will have to def go and try it w/ at least $50. I'm considering BB GC (if they have them) to see if I might get one of those MBAs from last year that are on sale + $150 student discount. Thanks!

I went up to the cashier and asked her if there was a limit, and she said no.  She said we would have to do separate transactions.  So we did it 15 times. The extra $5 Awards Cards she gave me actually said "Merchandise Return Card", and they do not expire (this might depend on your kmart of course).  Took a long time to buy all 15 cards, but in the end I got the PS4 for $375 FLAT. 

I went up to the cashier and asked her if there was a limit, and she said no. She said we would have to do separate transactions. So we did it 15 times. The extra $5 Awards Cards she gave me actually said "Merchandise Return Card", and they do not expire (this might depend on your kmart of course). Took a long time to buy all 15 cards, but in the end I got the PS4 for $375 FLAT.
I'll be doing something similar tomorrow but I have a 10% back in points coupon that will work on gaming hardware so I'll earn another $40+ in SYWR points.

I would have loved to place the order online for in-store pickup (note you can only use 15 giftcards for an online transaction) because I would have gotten the 10% points from the coupon, 5% extra in points for instore pickup (offer exclusive to SYWR Max participants) and then 6% cash back from mr rebates BUT kmart only sells PS4's online as part of bundles where all the bundled items are MSRP

I'm thinking about doing that on a Wii U because I'd earn $30 back in SYWR points from the 10% coupon, $20 in SYWR points from the weekly promotion (i.e. buy a Wii U earn $20 in points) $15 in points for using in store pick up and $18 in cash back not to mention if I bought $325 in gift card (the extra $25 to cover tax) I'd get $65 in bonus gift card that will never expire in my state.

So it would look like $325 OOP to earn Wii U and:

$65 in gift cards

~ $65 in SYWR points

$18 cash back

bread's done
Back