Cannot Delete or Add games AT ALL

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!
Using the black bulky PSP. Got a new 32 GB memory card and started adding games. Everything was working fine so I went to add more. This is where the problems started. I added the Star Wars fighting game for PS1 (which worked fine on my old memory stick). Now no matter what I do I cannot add or delete anything. The folder for Star Wars does not have the eboot so I deleted the folder. It came back. I tried deleting every game on the system and reformatting but when I unhooked from the USB all the games were back. I add games and it looks like its fine but when I unplug the USB any new games are immediately deleted. THe memory stick stays at 22 GB and I cannot delete the Star Wars folder. Help me please.

The main problem is that I can't add any new games and I still have 22G of space. If I add anything it just disappears when I unplug the USB.

There are 14 games on it that play just fine. But like I said: I have tried deleting all of the games but nothing will delete Everything I delete just comes back.

Yeah, its a counterfeit Memory Stick Pro Duo. The picture on the Amazon link you provided is not of a real MS Pro Duo stick. The price you paid is pretty low too. Sounds like the stick has phony internals that make it look lije it has 32gb, but in reality it has a lot less. It probably also doesn't say "Magic Gate supported" when you check the info for it on your PSP.

A real stick looks more like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Memory-Stick-ProDuo-MSMT4G/dp/B0013AX2JM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398396202&sr=8-1&keywords=memory+stick+pro+duo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna try to get refunded for the defective one unless it starts miraculously working. Then i'll order one of the Samsung ones since they seem to be more reliable.

I'm gonna try to get refunded for the defective one unless it starts miraculously working. Then i'll order one of the Samsung ones since they seem to be more reliable.
You mean Sandisk right? That and Sony are the two big MS Pro Duo manufacturers. Lexar makes them too.

Word of warning, the products that give you a Pro Duo adapter with standard microsd can sometimes be flaky. Better to just get standard Pro Duo cards, just my opinion.

Or, you could get a whatever adapter with a brand name Micro sd card. The micro SD card I'm currently using is a Kingston, and everything works fine. The adapter shouldn't really affect anything, just get a real micro sd card from a reputable manufacterer. Something like this is what you should've bought http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-microSD-MicroSDHC-Adapter-Cybershot/dp/B00COUW1BU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1398443359&sr=8-4&keywords=32gb+pro+duo
It's the adapter that usually causes problems. These things are fragile, and prone to data corruption or not being recognized by psp.

No, the problem is with the no-brand SD card.  I've been using the same adapter since about a year after I  got my psp (counts.......) 6 years ago (so I guess i've had the adapter for 5 years), and I've had no problem with corruption, but it does occasionally (like once a year) say it doesn't recognize the card.  I have been, on the other hand, been replacing the SD card whenever they get into the cheap price range ($30 or so).

On a side note,  I pulled this from the wiki for the M2 card.

Sony announced on June 1, 2009 that M2 support in Sony Ericsson phones would be dropped in favor of microSD.[23]

And, yet they still required us to use their stupid proprietary memory solution for the vita instead of micro sd cards.

No, the problem is with the no-brand SD card. I've been using the same adapter since about a year after I got my psp (counts.......) 6 years ago (so I guess i've had the adapter for 5 years), and I've had no problem with corruption, but it does occasionally (like once a year) say it doesn't recognize the card. I have been, on the other hand, been replacing the SD card whenever they get into the cheap price range ($30 or so).

On a side note, I pulled this from the wiki for the M2 card.

Sony announced on June 1, 2009 that M2 support in Sony Ericsson phones would be dropped in favor of microSD.[23]

And, yet they still required us to use their stupid proprietary memory solution for the vita instead of micro sd cards.
They use the proprietary memory cards to prevent piracy, and I'm glad they do it. I have no problem with it. Piracy did a lot of damage to the PSP market for games (I love my PSPs, have all models and multiples), and Sony wasn't going to make that same mistake again.

It really isn't a big deal. I got two 32gb cards for about $55-$60 each (one from Sony directly, one from GS), and my main one has over 80 games on it (a mix of all types). You can now get 64gb cards for around $100 give or take, and those hold a lot more. Its no big deal, really; gets tiresome hearing people complain about the expensive proprietary memory, when its just a small additional investment in the Vita. For what you get (especially for the two highest capacity cards), its well worth it.

Piracy would be the death knell for the Vita at this point. It's already having trouble but if it got cracked open to run pirated games it'd be done.

bread's done
Back