* * * * * 12 votes

OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

GameStop GS Trade trade-in credit promo value TIV

#7321 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

#2 and #3 were "GS dude bros"

I am probably just bitter that the stack of coupons where just sitting there and he didn't want to give me one. Sorry If I offended anyone with the race remark.

I'm guessing "GS dude bros" = white guys?

Stop! Lol

It makes it worse that you said it because you were bitter.

#7322 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   4977 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

How much do I have to put down to preorder a system? I want the Adavance Warfare Xbox One Bundle but every time I call they put me on hold for 10 minutes and never come back to the phone.

#7323 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

How much do I have to put down to preorder a system? I want the Adavance Warfare Xbox One Bundle but every time I call they put me on hold for 10 minutes and never come back to the phone.

Consoles are usually $100 down. That's what it was for me when I preordered Day one edition. It might have changed since then though.

#7324 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

I just drove by a GS and it looked like they had a sign up that if you preordered Madden or NBA 2k you would get an extra 30%. I thought those bonuses were dead. Has anyone else seen that? If it is going on that might be a great way to get ahead of some credit with the increased trade-in values.

#7325 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

I just drove by a GS and it looked like they had a sign up that if you preordered Madden or NBA 2k you would get an extra 30%. I thought those bonuses were dead. Has anyone else seen that? If it is going on that might be a great way to get ahead of some credit with the increased trade-in values.

That store is probably just full of lazy employees who forgot or don't want to take the sign down.

#7326 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

#2 and #3 were "GS dude bros"

I am probably just bitter that the stack of coupons where just sitting there and he didn't want to give me one. Sorry If I offended anyone with the race remark.

Next time you're there just take the coupons. You said you saw them right? Just take them.

#7327 Cheska19   Fang Banger. CAGiversary!   2222 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

Is there any kind of pre-order deal or special promotion going on now or soon that I could use to net a little more for a PS4 trade in?

#7328 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Is there any kind of pre-order deal or special promotion going on now or soon that I could use to net a little more for a PS4 trade in?

Other than the 50% extra next week (which is for games only, so unfortunately, that doesn't help you), Gamestop doesn't have promos anymore.

#7329 Cheska19   Fang Banger. CAGiversary!   2222 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Other than the 50% extra next week (which is for games only, so unfortunately, that doesn't help you), Gamestop doesn't have promos anymore.

Man that's a bummer. Right now I would only be netting about $30 more via a Craigslist transaction but I'm honestly always really wary about those. There's just too much to worry about from people being creepers to fake money, etc.

#7330 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Man that's a bummer. Right now I would only be netting about $30 more via a Craigslist transaction but I'm honestly always really wary about those. There's just too much to worry about from people being creepers to fake money, etc.

I honestly always use a counterfeit money marker to check the bills for that reason, the markers to test the bills aren't that much money

#7331 Dallas12Cowboys  

Dallas12Cowboys

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

And this is a coupon on deal, correct? If it isn't I'll definitely get in on that!

#7332 wwe101   waiting for hitman 5 CAGiversary!   2277 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Everybody saying gamestop doesn't do promos anymore.... does that mean they currently don't have a promo or that they never will?

#7333 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Everybody saying gamestop doesn't do promos anymore.... does that mean they currently don't have a promo or that they never will?

the 50% coupon promo requiring a coupon is the last promo they are doing after that promos are done for good. GameStop revamped there trade program

#7334 DealSeeker2U   Banned Banned   9374 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Never say never but yeah from this point forward they aren't doing any promos outside of possible preorder incentive only bonus promos. I am guessing we will now rely more on PUR Steal of the Week's and coupons printing on receipts for anything going forth.

#7335 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Good on cash trades also right?

Coupon sez :

'Not valid toward cash trades.'

#7336 NateADTRelientK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

NateADTRelientK

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Well I was shot down at both local gamestops trying to get a 50% coupon..

Told me they didn't know what I was talking about. Pshhhhhhhhh.

So I'll be that guy, if anyone has an extra to send my way, I will donate significant karma points to you. They are very useful.

#7337 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Ok so the 50% will apply on the total transaction, not only 1 highest value game?

#7338 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Ok so the 50% will apply on the total transaction, not only 1 highest value game?

yeah

50% Extra Credit For Every Game You Trade

Terms and Conditions :

Not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No Dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. PowerUp Rewards Pro 10% extra credit applies only when trading games and accessories. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Offer valid on any games traded in a single transaction. Offer valid 8/25/14 through 8/31/14.

#7339 DudeImGodly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

DudeImGodly

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Can we rename this thread to failed attempts at getting a 50% coupon and begging for 50% coupons?

#7340 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   4977 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Consoles are usually $100 down. That's what it was for me when I preordered Day one edition. It might have changed since then though.

thanks I might ended up getting one cheaper but I just needed to know this for a backup plan.

#7341 MetalGearHorus  

MetalGearHorus

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Never under-estimate the deception of Game$top. I went in today with some games I got from the TRU clearance blast. Specifically, Dead Space 3 LE :360: [bought for $2, TIV app said I would get $5], Just Dance 2014 :wiiu: [bought for $7 for the Wii Remote+, TIV for $10 game-only], and BeyBlade: Metal Masters :ds: bought for $3.50. TIV estimate on the app was $9. I was pumped. Go into the store today after re-checking the values. He rings up all three and I only get $18 in store credit. I look and see that I got the correct TIV for Dead Space and Just Dance, but I was only getting $3 for BeyBlade. I objected and showed him the entry on the app that said it was saying I'd get $9. He 'looks through' the computer and only sees the $3 value, says he'll have to email someone about it. Ended up having to pay 2 bucks and some change for the game I came into get instead of walking out with some credit left. 

At least he let me keep the top that was bundled. But really it left a sour taste in my mouth.

#7342 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Never under-estimate the deception of Game$top. I went in today with some games I got from the TRU clearance blast. Specifically, Dead Space 3 LE :360: [bought for $2, TIV app said I would get $5], Just Dance 2014 :wiiu: [bought for $7 for the Wii Remote+, TIV for $10 game-only], and BeyBlade: Metal Masters :ds: bought for $3.50. TIV estimate on the app was $9. I was pumped. Go into the store today after re-checking the values. He rings up all three and I only get $18 in store credit. I look and see that I got the correct TIV for Dead Space and Just Dance, but I was only getting $3 for BeyBlade. I objected and showed him the entry on the app that said it was saying I'd get $9. He 'looks through' the computer and only sees the $3 value, says he'll have to email someone about it. Ended up having to pay 2 bucks and some change for the game I came into get instead of walking out with some credit left. 

At least he let me keep the top that was bundled. But really it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Did you save the Trade Estimate? The app says it has to be honored within the same business day, though I don't know what else the employee could have done since there isn't a barcode or anything to scan to ensure the higher value.

#7343 247   . CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

beybade metal masters $9

beyblade metal master $3

#7344 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Did you save the Trade Estimate? The app says it has to be honored within the same business day, though I don't know what else the employee could have done since there isn't a barcode or anything to scan to ensure the higher value.

The manager could of easily overrode it.

#7345 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13591 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

The store I just went to to return LoU at from last week still had a stack of coupons by each register and the girl gave me one when I asked, no problem.

Just frustrating that the 53.xx had to go on a GC and not my pur card.

#7346 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

The manager could of easily overrode it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

#7347 Ciel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

yeah

50% Extra Credit For Every Game You Trade

Terms and Conditions :

Not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No Dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. PowerUp Rewards Pro 10% extra credit applies only when trading games and accessories. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Offer valid on any games traded in a single transaction. Offer valid 8/25/14 through 8/31/14.

Welp! My bad. Haha. I misread the coupon. As far as getting them is concerned, are you guys really having a hard time despite asking for them? They should be given to you when you purchase something, pre-order, or trade something in...

#7348 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2627 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Welp! My bad. Haha. I misread the coupon. As far as getting them is concerned, are you guys really having a hard time despite asking for them? They should be given to you when you purchase something, pre-order, or trade something in...

Did you read the last page or so of posts? They said why they are no longer supposed to be given out. Be careful when giving advice, make sure you're right before you do so. Less complaining from newbs when they find out the information is wrong.

#7349 ZeroNightmare   Master Bait CAGiversary!   1417 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

ZeroNightmare

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Spoiler
:drool:

#7350 Ciel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Did you read the last page or so of posts? They said why they are no longer supposed to be given out. Be careful when giving advice, make sure you're right before you do so. Less complaining from newbs when they find out the information is wrong.

Well I understand why they are not supposed to be given out any more, I work there. My question was more directed at those who might have been having trouble prior to the ending of the event.