Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL Blue $179 Sam's Club Extreme YMMV

SaraAB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
This deal is very YMMV

I just picked up the Blue Pokemon 3DS XL at Sam's Club for $179.71. They also had the red one, but that rang up for $199. I made the employees scan them at the register.

If you are scanning you can't scan those cards they put out, the systems have to be scanned with the serial number in order to come up in the system. My Sam's club doesn't have a barcode scanner but there are definitely Sam's club's out there with them.

Not all stores have this item, I was lucky, my local store did. I also visited one store where this was no where to be found.  Most Sam's club stores will only drop an item in price when there is one left at least from my experience.

These can be seen the in lockup cage, at least in my case they were, just look for the red & blue 3DS XL sized boxes. You should be able to see them from a distance.

These seem to be available on the Walmart website for $199, but they don't qualify for any current promotions apparently. Anyways they are sold out of all the stores around here, besides this one find at Sam's club.

For all I know this could be an isolated incident of these at my local store, and no one anywhere else will find one.

My K-marts has an incredibly inconsistent pricing model. I found the XY red/blue at one location for $160 clearance, but the other 3 didn't have anything, not even a price tag for it. This one also had Skyward Sword for 25 bucks so I bought the remaining 3. Checked out Sam's Club and nothing. A few months back I scored Metroid: Other M for 5 dollars the associate had to call his manager to confirm the price, turns out it was correct. Then a few weeks ago I found 007 Goldeneye with gold pro-controller for Wii, 10 bucks! I bought the last 4 just for the controllers. I got the Wii Mario Kart system bundle for 90 dollars, they had other clearance prices on systems too, most notable was the PS3 250gb Slim w/ Eye and Move for $210.

My K-marts has an incredibly inconsistent pricing model. I found the XY red/blue at one location for $160 clearance, but the other 3 didn't have anything, not even a price tag for it. This one also had Skyward Sword for 25 bucks so I bought the remaining 3. Checked out Sam's Club and nothing. A few months back I scored Metroid: Other M for 5 dollars the associate had to call his manager to confirm the price, turns out it was correct. Then a few weeks ago I found 007 Goldeneye with gold pro-controller for Wii, 10 bucks! I bought the last 4 just for the controllers. I got the Wii Mario Kart system bundle for 90 dollars, they had other clearance prices on systems too, most notable was the PS3 250gb Slim w/ Eye and Move for $210.
Slickdeals.com ^

@Megamania

I live in Hawaii, majority of the free shipping is wiped out almost instantly, minus for amazon; and if the free shipping still holds through, I get the worst shipping times with no tracking # and horrible packaging. It's not even worth the savings if my stuff comes in damaged and I have to jump through hoops to get it replaced. Unfortunately it's in-store deals or msrp for me.

I have no idea how these made it to my Sam's club, but they did, considering they only got them in a few months ago, way after the release of this limited edition. Most stores around here get one shipment of these limited edition systems that quickly sell out. Most of the Sam's clubs here are not stocking Nintendo stuff anymore since it is not selling. We still have Wii U's at my Sam's priced at $299 from the original shipment of Wii U's that this club received that will probably never sell. My Sam's also has had rare skylanders like Scarlet Ninjini which did not show up until way after the actual release of the figure.

As far as the Kmart's here, the one local to me pretty much hasn't gotten any new 3DS release game in months.. I doubt they would have systems if they can't seem to stock the games.

bread's done
Back