NeoGeoX Gold Limited Edition System with Mega Pack Vol. 1 $130

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
NeoGeo X Gold Limited System with Mega Pack Vol. 1 $130

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-neogeo-x-gold-limited-edition-system

Mega Pack Vol. 1 inclues 15 classic NEOGEO games:  Metal Slug 2, Sengoku, Top Hunter, Samurai Shodown III, Savage Reign, Super Sidekicks 3, The King of Fighters '96, Blazing Star, Kizuna Encounter, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Shock Troopers, World Heores 2 Jet, The Last Blade, Art of Fighting 3, and Blue's Journey. Also, NeoGeo X with 20 pre-loaded NEOGEO classic titles

Last edited by a moderator:
I want it. But then I don't want to spend that much. :lol:
Right? :) Even after this long Neo Geo is still too expensive...I would love to pull the trigger on this just to say I have it, but I don't think nostalgia's sake is worth that amount...

EDIT: Plus I just bought the Street Fighter Anniversary package without asking for permission, only one of those at a time for me. ;)

Those that haven't looked into this system before might want to watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=430-iM_kXT0

This system is not for purists or those that care about sound/picture emulation at all. Honestly you'd probably get a better experience by picking up a PSP or other similar system and emulating the games on that.

I would recommend the Wii or PS3 versions. I believe M2 did the emulation and I was very impressed with the Neo Geo games on both consoles. The NeoGeo X was really off in my brief experience playing one.

I would recommend the Wii or PS3 versions. I believe M2 did the emulation and I was very impressed with the Neo Geo games on both consoles. The NeoGeo X was really off in my brief experience playing one.
Agreed. Also, the PSP versions run beautifully on the Vita, and you can get quite a few of the Neo Geo games there (not all though). I have Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug Anthology, Samurai Shodown, SS Anthology, Shock Troopers, and a few more. Due to very compatible resolutions between the PSP and Vita, the games really work great on Vita.

Also I have the NGX, while not terrible they used a pretty cheap (aka not bright/rich colors, more dull) screen on the handheld (that's my biggest complaint). The joystick isn't bad and works fine on a PS3 when playing the official Neo Geo games that came out for the console. The dock, meh; output quality is not great, but passable (not close to the original).

I remember my roommate years ago bought this thing and we'd play samurai showdown to see who goes and picks up food.  I'd consider buying it for nostalgia but I doubt I'd play it too much

Damn wish I waited instead of getting one from Best Buy for $100. Guess now I'll try and get one of these Mega Packs for around $30 but the cheapest I've seen it so far is $50. Also impressed by how "limited" this was.

That reminds me I need to get the mega pack and I want the 5 smaller packs just for the sake of having them all but damn I can never find them at an affordable price.

That reminds me I need to get the mega pack and I want the 5 smaller packs just for the sake of having them all but damn I can never find them at an affordable price.
A big concern for me is that all those additional games REQUIRE a flash update to the NGX handheld, and I've read many stories of the update simply failing to function, at which point your only option is to send your NGX back to Tommo. That and the high prices for those additional games made me skip them.

Agreed. Also, the PSP versions run beautifully on the Vita, and you can get quite a few of the Neo Geo games there (not all though). I have Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug Anthology, Samurai Shodown, SS Anthology, Shock Troopers, and a few more. Due to very compatible resolutions between the PSP and Vita, the games really work great on Vita.

Also I have the NGX, while not terrible they used a pretty cheap (aka not bright/rich colors, more dull) screen on the handheld (that's my biggest complaint). The joystick isn't bad and works fine on a PS3 when playing the official Neo Geo games that came out for the console. The dock, meh; output quality is not great, but passable (not close to the original).
I agree with most everything you said but I have to disagree on the joystick. Yes it did "work" but not well it was extremely laggy. I retruned my x because it was such a huge disappointment .

bread's done
Back