* * * * - 7 votes

Free Wii U Game Download with Purchase of Mario Kart 8!

Wii U Nintendo

#1 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Already posted this in the Mario Kart Wii U Bundle thread but i think this deserves its own one!

Nintendo today announced that those who buy Mario Kart 8 retail or digital can register the game with Club Nintendo before July 31 , 2014 will receive a free Nintendo eShop download code for an additional Wii U game.

Nintendo is offering a digital copy of either Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U.

-----------------

Message from Io:

The thread was getting off topic with code trading/selling. Put such requests here:

http://www.cheapassg...ng-and-selling/

#2 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Thanks op. I have a pre-order in with gamestop that I was going to cancel, but two 1st party games for $60 is a pretty good deal.

#3 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2878 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Wow this is an awesome deal. 48 after GCU + 10 in gas + Wii u game

#4 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

I am assuming that the Club Nintendo Code doe MK8 will probably be going for 30 bucks.

#5 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   4917 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Jesus!  Too bad I own all of those on disc already, but free is free.

Posted Image

#6 mpaullin   Sure plays a mediocre pinball CAGiversary!   3597 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Damn me for owning all of these physically!

MPaullin.png

#7 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Man they are really pushing Mario Kart 8 for some reason. Are the preorder numbers that bad for the game? Or are they hoping to inflate the preorders to make it look like games can still sell really well on the WiiU? Still not enough to get me to buy it yet but that's primarily because I don't like to preorder games I may never get around to playing. Mario Kart hasn't been good since it went 3D.

#8 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

Man they are really pushing Mario Kart 8 for some reason. Are the preorder numbers that bad for the game? Or are they hoping to inflate the preorders to make it look like games can still sell really well on the WiiU? Still not enough to get me to buy it yet but that's primarily because I don't like to preorder games I may never get around to playing. Mario Kart hasn't been good since it went 3D.

They are trying to move consoles....

Obviously this offer for another free game is really nice

#9 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6622 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'll definitely be checking all the gutted copies GS has at launch :-P.

538822.png

#10 nightmarishhero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   578 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

nightmarishhero

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Good, I can finally stop hunting down a copy of wind waker hd on AWD, only game I dont have and dont mind a digital copy

#11 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

kmart better not fudge up my order. probably picking up wii party u cus i own wind waker hd and mario, and would like to have a physical copy of pikmin 3.

cumerently playing: w/ your moms boobs, smash bros wii u, capt toad
amiiboo cumlection (24/29): donkey kong, fox, samus, kirby, villager, zelda, link, p diddy kong, little mac daddy, pit, capt falcunt, bowser, toon link, rosalina, shulk x2, peach, yoshi, sheik, metaknight, king DDD, mega man, sonic, ike, lucumrio

#12 MattZack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1054 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

kmart better not fudge up my order. probably picking up wii party u cus i own wind waker hd and mario, and would like to have a physical copy of pikmin 3.

So, do they ship you the little gamepad holder/stand that comes in the box?  You need it to keep the pad level for the table top games, but I am sure you could prop it up on a book or something.

Posted Image

#13 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Wow this is an awesome deal. 48 after GCU + 10 in gas + Wii u game

My thoughts exactly.

<p>194619.png

#14 KingofOldSchool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5075 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

KingofOldSchool

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hello, digital copy of Pikmin 3.

Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#15 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Pikmin 3 for free? Hell yes!

shoopbadoop.png

#16 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Already posted this in the Mario Kart Wii U Bundle thread but i think this deserves its own one!

Nintendo today announced that those who buy Mario Kart 8 retail or digital can register the game with Club Nintendo before July 31 , 2014 will receive a free Nintendo eShop download code for an additional Wii U game.

Nintendo is offering a digital copy of either Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U.

The selection completely blows compared to what Europe is getting, I really don't get why NoA continually feels the need to give us the shaft like this.  And it's not like these 4 games haven't been on sale before.... I guess I'm just bitter cause there are several games on the EU list that I don't have and would actually be interested in getting, but it doesn't change the ridiculousness of the situation.

I already own Pikmin 3/NSMBU and couldn't care less about Wii Party U or WWHD.  But free is free, so I guess I might as well take WWHD.  I might get around to playing it someday I suppose, the hard mode must be worth checking out right?  

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#17 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

DELETED 

Now Playing:

:wiiu:  Bayonetta, Pushmo World

:3ds:  LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D  

:ds:  Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

#18 roomtemperature  

roomtemperature

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Wind Waker or Pikmin 3.... decisions decisions

#19 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

So, do they ship you the little gamepad holder/stand that comes in the box?  You need it to keep the pad level for the table top games, but I am sure you could prop it up on a book or something.

i only ordered the game so not sure what you're talking about. i got $38 in points for preordering it, which will go towards smash broooos yahooooo itsa mea mario u lika anoos

amiiboo cumlection (24/29): donkey kong, fox, samus, kirby, villager, zelda, link, p diddy kong, little mac daddy, pit, capt falcunt, bowser, toon link, rosalina, shulk x2, peach, yoshi, sheik, metaknight, king DDD, mega man, sonic, ike, lucumrio

#20 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

anyone else disappoint that u can't do split screen between tv and gamepad? IN OTHER WORDS ON THE GAMEPAD IT WILL ALSO BE SPLIT SCREEN, YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE SCREEN ON TV AND THE OTHER ON GAMEPAD IN 2 PLAYER LIKE YOU CAN IN LEGO MARVEL FOR EXAMPLE. WHAT THE HECK NITNENDO

#21 Rumors   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Too bad tropical freeze isn't an option. Only game I don't own that I'd like

@twitter
That seems like a wasted opportunity actually

#22 rcerboss  

i only ordered the game so not sure what you're talking about. i got $38 in points for preordering it, which will go towards smash broooos yahooooo itsa mea mario u lika anoos

Wii Party U comes with some stupid little plastic stand they claim is necessary to play the game.  Since I got bored with it after half an hour and haven't tried it since I don't really know how essential it is, but from my little demo I'd guess it's only a minor convenience at best.

anyone else disappoint that u can't do split screen between tv and gamepad? IN OTHER WORDS ON THE GAMEPAD IT WILL ALSO BE SPLIT SCREEN, YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE SCREEN ON TV AND THE OTHER ON GAMEPAD IN 2 PLAYER LIKE YOU CAN IN LEGO MARVEL FOR EXAMPLE. WHAT THE HECK NITNENDO

god forbid player one not have that damn horn  :-?

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

#23 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

This is cool, but kind of a slap in the face to those like me who are diehard Nintendo fans and therefore have already bought these games when they were new, back when Nintendo needed the support even more. But no, go and reward the customers that don't buy your games.

I feel early adopters need their own gift. A $20 eshop credit would even suffice.

And no one can bash this expectation because they recognized the importance of early adopters when they dropped they price of 3ds but gave tons of exclusive gba and nes games to those of us early adopters. This just teaches me not to buy earlier; exactly what PS Plus makes me do.

Best Buy deals have really gone downhill ever since lowering GCU price to $30

XBL deals are absolutely shit compared to PSN, but even those have been sucking

DELL is absolutely the worst online retailer for video games. Avoid them at all costs.

Aw, what's wrong...does an internet opinion about video games disagree with yours? Cry more.

#24 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

digital pikmin looks good for free... or do i sell/trade the code and wait for the disk version to go on sale. good promo regardless.

#25 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Wii Party U comes with some stupid little plastic stand they claim is necessary to play the game.  Since I got bored with it after half an hour and haven't tried it since I don't really know how essential it is, but from my little demo I'd guess it's only a minor convenience at best.

god forbid player one not have that damn horn  :-?

HMMM never heard that before. you bought the game or something? is it fum with the family? 

#26 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

digital pikmin looks good for free... or do i sell/trade the code and wait for the disk version to go on sale. good promo regardless.

I hate to break it to you but it's already been on sale.  I paid $35 for it myself months ago.  And if you are into that GCU nonsense apparently it's $25 at Best Buy right now.

#27 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

This is cool, but kind of a slap in the face to those like me who are diehard Nintendo fans and therefore have already bought these games when they were new, back when Nintendo needed the support even more. But no, go and reward the customers that don't buy your games.

I feel early adopters need their own gift. A $20 eshop credit would even suffice.

And no one can bash this expectation because they recognized the importance of early adopters when they dropped they price of 3ds but gave tons of exclusive gba and nes games to those if us early adopters.

lol you want them to give millions of ppl $20 for voluntarily buying their sweet ass games? #getreal

#28 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

I have Windwaker unopened for 28 days now.. time to go return it at Best Buy for a REALLY good deal :).

#29 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

lol you want them to give millions of ppl $20 for voluntarily buying their sweet ass games? #getreal

Huh? Others who are getting these games are essentially getting $60. I was making a point that even if us early adopters got 1/3 of that, I'd be happy. I was speaking theoretically. #usinghashtags #wherehashtagsarentused #makesyoulookretarded

Best Buy deals have really gone downhill ever since lowering GCU price to $30

XBL deals are absolutely shit compared to PSN, but even those have been sucking

DELL is absolutely the worst online retailer for video games. Avoid them at all costs.

Aw, what's wrong...does an internet opinion about video games disagree with yours? Cry more.

#30 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

HMMM never heard that before. you bought the game or something? is it fum with the family? 

Hell no, I wouldn't pay over $10 for that game rofl.  But the only other friend I have with a WiiU is a massive diehard Nintendo fanboy, so naturally he had it preordered.  I really didn't find it fun, certainly not compared to the other 3 titles you can choose from.  While I didn't try everything, it really didn't grab you the way something like NintendoLand, or even Wii Sports Resort/Wii Play could.

Huh? Others who are getting these games are essentially getting $60. I was making a point that even if us early adopters got 1/3 of that, I'd be happy. I was speaking theoretically. #usinghashtags #wherehashtagsarentused #makesyoulookretard

I'd be happy if they just widened their selection of games.  Even if you already owned all 10 of the games EU is giving away for free, it would at least be a minor convenience to have something like Monster Hunter on the console at all times (if you are into that sort of thing).

Maybe you can sell your code?  Knowing Nintendo there's no way the game will automatically link with your NNID so you can probably score $20 off ebay.