Nintendo: Buy Mario Kart 8, receive 1 of 4 titles for free

EvilMario

CAGiversary!
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Mf9RJDcWmALXECxUdPB0Lf3N9Jb2VtRt

Buy Mario Kart 8 (via retail, digital, or Wii U bundle) and register it on Club Nintendo by July 31st 2014, you can select one of the following games to download via the eShop for free:

Guess we're getting Wii Party U, seeing as we own everything else already. Nice for new Wii U owners especially, but free is always welcomed. NOA has been slacking on some of the 3DS / Wii U deals, so this is a nice surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer that we don't get the same freebie choices as Europe, though. I'd take Monster Hunter for sure. As for these, Wii Party U is the only one I don't have, and I don't even know if I want that for free. I might just take Pikmin and sell it.

Bummer that we don't get the same freebie choices as Europe, though. I'd take Monster Hunter for sure. As for these, Wii Party U is the only one I don't have, and I don't even know if I want that for free. I might just take Pikmin and sell it.
Yeah, I can't really complain about free, but our selection is really terrible compared to Europe. I would have finally jumped on Game & Wario. Pikmin 3, NSMBU and Wind Waker HD are all amazing games though if people haven't picked them up yet.

The problem is, Nintendo's biggest fans (generally the only ones that have a Wii U right now) own these games. This promo is clearly aimed at attracting newcomers that will be picking up a system for Mario Kart. It's just odd they couldn't include some of the older games, like Monster Hunter, which have been down to $20 on sale even.

Pretty sweet bonus as I already had mario kart preordered. Now I need to decide between the new SMB or Pikmin 3. Any insight anyone? I haven't played pikmin 1 and 2 does that matter? Also is new SMB wii u the same as the one on wii?

Pretty sweet bonus as I already had mario kart preordered. Now I need to decide between the new SMB or Pikmin 3. Any insight anyone? I haven't played pikmin 1 and 2 does that matter? Also is new SMB wii u the same as the one on wii?
NSMBU is very good, but it is also very similar to the Wii game. It has a better Super Mario World-like overworld and it's pretty challenging later on. There are some cool features within a Challenge mode now, which presents the player with completing a course within a set amount of time, or avoiding touching any coins while making it through a level quickly. Pretty fun.

I'd recommend Pikmin 3 though. I feel it's a better game (Miyamoto called it his best) and it'll offer you a far more unique and new experience not having tried the franchise before. It's sort of a resource (Pikmin) management game where you have to decide what to do with your limited time and resources.. as well as figure out the puzzles in the environments. It also features a seemingly often overlooked co-op mode that has provided us with many hours I didn't see coming when I bought it expecting single player only.

So, one of the best games of the last few years, Pikmin 3, get that.

Oh wow, combine this with Microplay's deal of getting 50% off Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze when preordering Mario Kart 8 and you basically get 3 games for $100. Pretty cool, thanks!

Ok, you won me over, Nintendo.  Will probably bite the bullet on one before Kart drops, I wonder if there are any good deals out there on consoles in the next few weeks.  

I'm already Platinum this year and don't want to cash in more codes. But the year ends June 30, and the promo runs through till July 31. So I guess I'll bite eventually. What's MK8's release date?

I'm already Platinum this year and don't want to cash in more codes. But the year ends June 30, and the promo runs through till July 31. So I guess I'll bite eventually. What's MK8's release date?
May 30th. You'll miss the early 10 bonus coins (I think), but probably better to just hold off on registering it until the year flips over unless you're sure you'll reach Platinum next year.

Damn, that's a nice deal. I'm a bit regretful to already have all the games on the giveaway list. Maybe I'll see if a friend wants one though. Thanks for sharing this.

I already have all four of the games, does anyone in the Vancouver area have some eshop credit or a physical W101 they would trade for one of the game codes?

Thanks

bread's done
Back