* * * * - 15 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXII

Target Clearance As Is DPCI YMMV

#11551 Flo25  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

Side question: is there anywhere affordable to live in San Diego? I got a job offer in fashion valley, but the earliest I could find an apartment would be August 1st and staying in the cheapest crack motel until then (maybe cause of comic con) would cost me $6,000 I just don’t have on top of moving expenses and first last security pet deposit etc

When looking in the east county.  Make sure your place has AC, it is a MUST.  Comic Con is def the reasoning for the price increase of the hotel.  By next week all hotels will be filled up.

#11552 EMJP23  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

I'll agree with what RKP said above. The father inland you go the cheaper it will be. You can PM me if you want to talk more about what you're looking for.

Nice to see someone on here that lives nearby! And yes, I also agree with Alex and RKP. The more inland you live, the less expensive it is. Fashion Valley is near Mission Valley, which is a centralized location with lots of things to do or places to go in or around the area so it’s going to be a lot pricier having stuff nearby. I’m planning on moving somewhere around San Diego since my job is down there and I’m tired of the traffic and the 40 mile commute to work. I was thinking of La Mesa or Clairemont Mesa, but you really have to do some work trying to find a reasonably priced and decent place to live.

#11553 Zantra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

Target has been advertising that this week is their 50% off clearance toys sale, that they always do in July to make room for all the newer toys that they get for Black Friday and the holidays. Has anybody found any good deals on anything? The online prices on the very limited selection aren't much to write home about, unfortunately.

#11554 dualrec  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Target has been advertising that this week is their 50% off clearance toys sale, that they always do in July to make room for all the newer toys that they get for Black Friday and the holidays. Has anybody found any good deals on anything? The online prices on the very limited selection aren't much to write home about, unfortunately.

As in 50% off the clearance price or the original price?

I've seen some lego sets marked 50% off the original.

#11555 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6155 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

I walked through the toy aisle the other day, and there was so much stuff that it was mostly on the floor around the endcap. I love wasting my hard earned money on toys, but I couldn't sift through all that stuff because I have a bad back (just means that I'm getting too damned old to being collecting toys anyway). But I saw stuff from every area of the toy section.

#11556 xangelonfirex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

xangelonfirex

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

20180711_091926.jpg
20180711_091845.jpg

Picked up TWO  for $26.98 each (YMMV)

• 207 00 7036 - Nintendo Switch Dock Set at $44.98 (YMMV)

Northridge

8999 Balboa Blvd
Northridge, CA 91325                                                         

In stock
$26.98

#11557 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7609 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:30 PM

oh man, time for some serious docking.

#11558 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

89.99 here

#11559 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1777 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

Prey much? And yes it's stacked all the way to the back of the shelf...I checked.

Prey_Target.jpg

#11560 Zantra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

As in 50% off the clearance price or the original price?
I've seen some lego sets marked 50% off the original.

The ad is unclear, and the car is getting worked on, so I have no way to check, unless I was to walk three miles in 100+ degree weather. :/

#11561 ignition365  

ignition365

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

I wish the docks were on sale here, my wife would definitely love to have a second dock.

#11562 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1295 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:52 PM

I wish the docks were on sale here, my wife would definitely love to have a second dock.

Some serious deep docking is just what the doctor ordered but all MSRP around me

#11563 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:41 PM

I appreciate the work that gets put into this thread however Im not sure what use it has for the grand majority of us since is YMMV. If you're coming here, then going to Target frequently in mere hopes they'll have the particular clearance game, you're wasting your time.

#11564 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

I appreciate the work that gets put into this thread however Im not sure what use it has for the grand majority of us since is YMMV. If you're coming here, then going to Target frequently in mere hopes they'll have the particular clearance game, you're wasting your time.

I think it depends on what you’re looking for and your situation. For example, if I were to check BS and see those Switch docks at that price, no doubt I’d be going to one of the 3 stores near me to check for them. But if it’s a game that’s still like $15, I’m not specifically going out of my way for it. It does suck how random the markdowns are though.

#11565 Deft Beck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

The cheap docks are all but scooped up at the usual Targets I visit. Oh well.

#11566 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11839 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

In the past it was more useful since all Targets seemed to put the same games on the clearance schedule at the same times.  Now though it seems highly YMMV (for certain items) with only a handful putting certain items on clearance (like the recently discussed 2DSXLs).  That said, I still consider it highly useful as it gives people a general idea of items that have been showing up on clearance and if they are interested they can always check Brickseek to see if their local Targets have the items on clearance (so that cuts down on wasted trips to the store).

#11567 ValueSeeker  

ValueSeeker

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

On a different note, the official Nintendo Adjustable Charging Stand is on sale for 1-day only @ Fry's for $16.99 w/ Friday's promo code. 

#11568 Jurai  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

part of the issue is that by the time a lot of these BS  links hit CAG, they're already being bought out by Slickdeal users or work from home flippers en masse

#11569 ValueSeeker  

ValueSeeker

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

In the past it was more useful since all Targets seemed to put the same games on the clearance schedule at the same times.  Now though it seems highly YMMV (for certain items) with only a handful putting certain items on clearance (like the recently discussed 2DSXLs).  That said, I still consider it highly useful as it gives people a general idea of items that have been showing up on clearance and if they are interested they can always check Brickseek to see if their local Targets have the items on clearance (so that cuts down on wasted trips to the store).

Still kicking myself for missing that one. Would love to have 2DSXL for some games at that price. 

Do the clearanced items ever drop back in price?

#11570 Jurai  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Still kicking myself for missing that one. Would love to have 2DSXL for some games at that price. 

Do the clearanced items ever drop back in price?

almost every target in my area re-stocked the orange/white 2DS XL and bumped prices back up to full MSRP last week

#11571 vyt219  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

part of the issue is that by the time a lot of these BS  links hit CAG, they're already being bought out by Slickdeal users or work from home flippers en masse

cant stand flippers

#11572 ValueSeeker  

ValueSeeker

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

almost every target in my area re-stocked the orange/white 2DS XL and bumped prices back up to full MSRP last week

Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Just wondering if prices will drop closer to those prices again. If not, no point holding out.

#11573 Jurai  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Just wondering if prices will drop closer to those prices again. If not, no point holding out.

I guess it's possible, I was pretty surprised to see it get cut so hard in the first place only to be restocked

#11574 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

Prey much? And yes it's stacked all the way to the back of the shelf...I checked.

Prey_Target.jpg

What’s the price? It’s supposed to be quite good...

#11575 Jurai  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

$19.99

#11576 ec91762  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

It's awesome! If you're gonna get it I'd get it from Best Buy though since it does come with the Steelbook (love me a good Steelbook) that's how I got mine like a month ago

#11577 billyG   CAG! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:11 PM

In the past it was more useful since all Targets seemed to put the same games on the clearance schedule at the same times. Now though it seems highly YMMV (for certain items) with only a handful putting certain items on clearance (like the recently discussed 2DSXLs). That said, I still consider it highly useful as it gives people a general idea of items that have been showing up on clearance and if they are interested they can always check Brickseek to see if their local Targets have the items on clearance (so that cuts down on wasted trips to the store).

Pretty sure what has been going on is most of the clearance items are because Target has been remodeling almost all of its stores on a cycle doing a few at a time in each metro area and moving to the next stores when those are done. So if you have older stores in the area that haven’t been updated yet - it’s quite possible these same items will hit clearance in your area soonish.

#11578 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:16 AM

If anybody cares, all the Targets seem to be putting the Wrangler jeans on clearance. Every Target I go to has them on clearance in various capacity.

#11579 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

If anyone is still looking for it (I know I am!), Nioh is on clearance for 50% off for $9.98 at some locations. According to Target’s website, the only two stores with it in stock are Phoenix Uptown Camelback, AZ and Wylie, TX.
https://www.target.c...-4/-/A-52001795
Brickseek’s site seems to corroborate that info, cuz I can’t find it anywhere locally.
https://brickseek.co...sku=207-34-0206
If someone decides to grab a copy and there’s an extra one available, would you mind helping out a fellow CAG and getting it for me? I can send some extra dollars your way for the inconvenience or trade you something if you prefer. Please PM me if you’re willing...thanks in advance!

#11580 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6811 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:15 AM

I saw a couple of Targets today that had PS VR bundles (Doom or Skyrim) on clearance for ~$200.

I was just coming to mention this.  I just picked up one of each of those for 70% off.  The smaller box which was the Doom PS VR bundle (DPCI: 207-33-0039) was $89.98 plus tax, less redcard 5% while the larger boxed Skyrim one was $104.98 (DPCI: 207-33-0038).  No idea if these are worth it, but figured for that discount why the hell not give them a shot.  I assume these things require a PS4 and/or a smart phone?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Target, Clearance, As Is, DPCI, YMMV