$4.99 PSN Flash Sale: BioShock 1/2, Darksiders, DNF, GTAIV, LA Noire, RDR, & More until 5/5 @ 12 PM PT/3 PM ET!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Everything seems to be live right now, though I'm just waiting for the PS Blog post with confirmation and details on when it ends.

Flash Sale Page - Ends 5/5 at 12 PM PT/3 PM ET

PS3

ArcaniA: The Complete Tale - $4.99

BioShock - $4.99

BioShock 2 - $4.99

Darksiders - $4.99

Datura - $4.99 - Move Compatible

Duke Nukem Forever - $4.99

Fat Princess - $4.99

Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.99

Guacamelee! - $4.99 - Cross Buy

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $4.99

L.A. Noire - $4.99

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $4.99

The Mark of Kri - $4.99

Max Payne 3 - $4.99

Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition - $4.99

Mini Ninjas - $4.99

Mortal Kombat - PS3 - $4.99

MX vs. ATV Alive - $4.99

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief - $4.99

Red Dead Redemption - $4.99

Red Faction Armageddon - $4.99

Spec Ops: The Line - $4.99

Vita

Guacamelee! - $4.99 - Cross Buy

PS2 Classics

The Mark of Kri - $4.99

Not appearing on the Flash Sale page, but may still be part of the sale:

Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.99

Psychonauts - $4.99

Free DLC for the Flash Sale games:

BioShock 2

L.A. Noire

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Max Payne 3

Mortal Kombat

Red Dead Redemption

Spec Ops: The Line

Last edited by a moderator:
Veryyyy Niccce. Just spent 20 bucks on golden sale 30 if you count the 10 credit I used. Now it looks like I'm gonna drop some more. Probably gonna grab DN forever and guacamelee possibly Red Faction.

Nothing really for me. Might check out Raven for $5 though. But I hope Sony keeps cranking out flash sales like this in the future. 

Sweet I've been waiting for a Guacamelee Bundle Fantastico sale but this price is too good to pass up! Is the Guacamelee dlc recommended to buy also?

This belongs in the PSN Sale thread jackass! The OP there does a good job keeping all of the sales up to date. He even PM's members when flash sales like this happen.

This belongs in the PSN Sale thread jackass! The OP there does a good job keeping all of the sales up to date. He even PM's members when flash sales like this happen.
Cant tell if sarcastic or not but you do realize frisky is the OP of the main psn thread right...? right?

Is Guacamelee a must buy? Only game I want. I'm frugal with my PSN credit/XBL credit, so it has to be worth it. Want to see what you guys think about it.

Is Guacamelee a must buy? Only game I want. I'm frugal with my PSN credit/XBL credit, so it has to be worth it. Want to see what you guys think about it.
Pretty sure it's been cheaper before, I think during the winter/christmas sale. Still kicking myself for not getting it then, but this could be free on PS+ soon enough with the number of sales there's been on it and the fact that it was free for PAL users.

Free DLC for the Flash Sale games:

BioShock 2

L.A. Noire

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Max Payne 3

Mortal Kombat

Red Dead Redemption

Spec Ops: The Line

Anyone know if Arcania (Gothic 4 right?) plays well on PS3? I have the PC standard edition but never got around to it.

I highly recommend L.A. Noire. I bought for $5 on Black Friday and recently finished it. I'm a sucker for Law and Order type shows and playing a cop with terrible driving skills is the bee's knees. If you have the bandwidth, you should probably download it since the disc version overtaxes the BD drive, and we all know how shoddy these things are.

is there any way to buy the game if it's already been redeemed through PS+? i want to buy spec ops but it's being dumb and not letting me buy it. same shit happened with the resident evil 1 code

Veryyyy Niccce. Just spent 20 bucks on golden sale 30 if you count the 10 credit I used. Now it looks like I'm gonna drop some more. Probably gonna grab DN forever and guacamelee possibly Red Faction.
Don't get DN, you're better off to go buy a beer, sandwich, or really anything else that can be had for $5. No game with graphics that bad should have loading times as long as that game does. Plus the game itself isn't very good, and this is coming from someone who spent way too much time as a 13 year old playing the original DN.

I highly recommend L.A. Noire. I bought for $5 on Black Friday and recently finished it. I'm a sucker for Law and Order type shows and playing a cop with terrible driving skills is the bee's knees. If you have the bandwidth, you should probably download it since the disc version overtaxes the BD drive, and we all know how shoddy these things are.
I'd also recommend this game, $5 makes it an easy choice. The disc version of the game YLoD'd my old PS3 but the digital version runs very smooth.

Don't get DN, you're better off to go buy a beer, sandwich, or really anything else that can be had for $5. No game with graphics that bad should have loading times as long as that game does. Plus the game itself isn't very good, and this is coming from someone who spent way too much time as a 13 year old playing the original DN.
I gave it a shot two weeks ago. Played probably 5 hours and had a small amount of fun. Gameplay wasn't terrible, but it was definitely close to bad.

Midnight Club sounds fun at $4.99! Most of the other things I have already. Thanks OP!
Midnight club is a no brainier at 4.99 if you're a fan of racing/driving games. Fun driving and environment, good graphics from what I can recall and pretty good customization. I own the disc copy and I remember liking it a lot.

Midnight club is a no brainier at 4.99 if you're a fan of racing/driving games. Fun driving and environment, good graphics from what I can recall and pretty good customization. I own the disc copy and I remember liking it a lot.
I never played it so thanks for the info! Will scoop it up with some PSN wallet money.

I got DNF a long time ago for a dollar, which ended up being what I thought it was worth, if merely because I thought it was funny when he said "I would buy that for a dollar".

I remember thinking it wasn't as bad as people said it was, yet was still terrible. I think if you like to intentionally play a bad game or watch a bad movie every now and then you could find some measure of enjoyment from it, but it sort of stands out on this list of otherwise genuinely good games for $5.

I think I got it for $3.75 last December. I personally would not have been upset paying $5 for it. I'm not sure I would ever describe any game as a "must buy" though. There's always a better deal, so the question then becomes how badly do you really want to play it.

If you don't have good reflexes you may find it frustrating. I've only ever seen one person say they didn't like it, and they really didn't like it.

I've had duke nukem sitting sealed on my shelf for about a year. How is it possible this game is that bad? I mean, older nukem games were amazing so how is this one bad. I expect bad graphics and bad story. That's what makes it good.

Have played nearly all of them but would highly recommend...

BioShock - $4.99 (Everybody says its awesome. It is pretty damn entertaining bottom of my list though)

Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.99 (If you like any GTA game, this is a great buy.)

L.A. Noire - $4.99 (People had high expectations, if you take is a fun adventure/detective game, its a great expeirence).

Max Payne 3 - $4.99 (One of the better shooters I have played in years. REally great action and graphics)

Mortal Kombat - PS3 - $4.99 (If you like fighters, 2d fighting style in particular, great fun)

Red Dead Redemption - $4.99 (If GTA in the west appeals to you, get it.)

Thanks for posting all the free DLC, Frisky.  I didn't own hardly any of it even though I own a ton of the games featured in this sale.

Darn it! I purchased a Nintendo Wii U over the weekend... Unfortunately I won't be able to get anything during this sale. Thumbs up and thanks anyway OP. :)

bread's done
Back