* * * - - 6 votes

MGS: Ground Zeroes- $24.99 all platforms (best buy and amazon)

#1 sexuallyfrustrated  

sexuallyfrustrated

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

http://www.amazon.co...s ground zeroes

http://www.bestbuy.c...zQV0cdrFiSCPAng

The Godfather of missing cable credits

Level of sexual frustration: infinity/10

#2 bizharr   Cheap Cheap Cheap CAG Veteran   47 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Seems like a good deal

v6qcme.jpg

#3 BrolyB593   I'm Cheap! CAGiversary!   5962 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Almost randomly bought this with GCU the other day at the base price of $30 and and so now at $20 with GCU I am really tempted...

Also your Best Buy link is broken.

Try this one

#4 alkaliv2   Wanted to be V1 CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

If you google this game you'll find the reviewers stating that while it is good, it is an expensive and glorified demo.  It would be best to pass on this until it has dropped in price significantly.  If for no other reason than to discourage episodic releases on consoles.

AlkaliV2.png

#5 Kazeno Katana   Has been playing Heroes of the Storm
PC

Kazeno Katana

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

If you google this game you'll find the reviewers stating that while it is good, it is an expensive and glorified demo.  It would be best to pass on this until it has dropped in price significantly.  If for no other reason than to discourage episodic releases on consoles.

With over 1 million sales since it released I doubt they will be discouraged in the future.

#6 NewportBox100s   Banned Banned   796 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

NewportBox100s

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

I want it for 20. Want it on PS4 when I get a PS4.

#7 tightclaws   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1800 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

tightclaws

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

when it's free like any other demo, then it will be mine otherwise they can stuff it.

Posted Image

#8 ShadowAssassin   Music & Movie Pirating SOB CAGiversary!   2696 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Waiting for $9.99.

#9 TheAgentofChaos   Narcissist Banned   530 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

TheAgentofChaos

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

It's comes with TPP when it releases in 2015.

#10 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

They are just following GT5 Prologue's foot steps. When a popular franchise is long over due, they can release glorified demos and charge for them.

#11 leichstein   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

I might pick it up if it's $10-$15 in a PSN sale or something.

#12 BrolyB593   I'm Cheap! CAGiversary!   5962 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Proof?

All the media on this said that they were to be separate releases and that perhaps retailers will bundle them. There may even be a manufactured bundle sent to stores but they have never said Phantom Pain will include Ground Zeroes as a standard.

If I am wrong please show me proof like I said to my knowledge this was not the case.

#13 TheAgentofChaos   Narcissist Banned   530 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

TheAgentofChaos

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

Proof?

All the media on this said that they were to be separate releases and that perhaps retailers will bundle them. There may even be a manufactured bundle sent to stores but they have never said Phantom Pain will include Ground Zeroes as a standard.

If I am wrong please show me proof like I said to my knowledge this was not the case.

I am not going to go out on my way and post proof just to save you $25. Waste money if you want, I don't care.

#14 BrolyB593   I'm Cheap! CAGiversary!   5962 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

I am not going to post proof just to save you $25. Waste money if you want, I don't care.

Hah wow.

Alright Mr. I Just Joined CAG and am going to have a garbage attitude.

I genuinely was curious of proof that Kojima announced this because originally that was not to be the case and I was curious if it had changed. Were it to have changed I likely would simply wait then for Phantom Pain but my quick Google search did not provide me with any such information.

Please get a better attitude if you are planning on staying here on CAG.

#15 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   1878 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Love MGS, but waiting for 15@ at BB or 10-12$ elsewhere.

#16 I OU a Beatn   GO GATORS! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

I OU a Beatn

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

I am not going to go out on my way and post proof just to save you $25. Waste money if you want, I don't care.

Might as well not, because that proof doesn't exist. It has never been mentioned that Phantom Pain with include Ground Zeroes.

630736.png

#17 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

The price will drop. Fred Meyers had it on sale for $20 last week even

#18 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

The amount of content beyond the main story is more than worth the $25 asking price, especially with how refined the game mechanics play.
Posted Image

#19 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

:wall: Idiot.

On topic. i still need to beat peace walker. So $15 or bust on this.

#20 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Lying and stupidity should both be bannable offenses.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#21 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

People who run around spouting "its a demo" generally saw other people saying it and are just repeating it without actually having played it. They just regurgitate what others say and sound personally offended somehow. Or the people who scream "you can beat it in 12 minutes" again havent played it and dont realize the people who beat it in 12 minutes did so on new game plus and were speed running it.

I played through it completing everything and it took about 10 hours. Then I played it on new game plus and got about half of that again and I enjoyed it.

Hah wow.

Alright Mr. I Just Joined CAG and am going to have a garbage attitude.

I genuinely was curious of proof that Kojima announced this because originally that was not to be the case and I was curious if it had changed. Were it to have changed I likely would simply wait then for Phantom Pain but my quick Google search did not provide me with any such information.

Please get a better attitude if you are planning on staying here on CAG.

No not once has he or Konami or anyone ever said or even hinted it would be in phantom pain. That was started by uninformed dumbass forum users who said "I bet it will be in phantom pain" and were acting like kojima came to their home and raped their mom and killed their dog and other internet morons just ran with it because they wanted to be pissed off for any reason they could, even if its a false reason.

#22 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6375 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Priced matched at Target. I'll trade it in for $12 at the end of the week and if I can get 10 hours of enjoyment out of it, it'll be $13 well spent.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#23 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35106 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

lol. you demo people.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

#24 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2620 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

Seems like Best Buy dropped the price to stop people from using it to glitch the B1G50% sale, and Amazon PMed.

#25 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

Seems like Best Buy dropped the price to stop people from using it to glitch the B1G50% sale, and Amazon PMed.

actually no it was already planned to be $24.99 it is in the ad for the week

#26 Rozz   OG CAG CAGiversary!   9504 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago   Has been playing NBA Elite 11
PS3

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Is it true that this game is only a five minute demo?

CAG support:

Spoiler

#27 ThePriceIsRight   Kupo b*tch!! CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ThePriceIsRight

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

With over 1 million sales since it released I doubt they will be discouraged in the future.

One million shipped ;-)

http://m.ign.com/art...-million-copies

#28 LegendaryEnigma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

LegendaryEnigma

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

ill wait till its 15 or less

#29 matrix9280   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

People who run around spouting "its a demo" generally saw other people saying it and are just repeating it without actually having played it. They just regurgitate what others say and sound personally offended somehow. Or the people who scream "you can beat it in 12 minutes" again havent played it and dont realize the people who beat it in 12 minutes did so on new game plus and were speed running it.

I played through it completing everything and it took about 10 hours. Then I played it on new game plus and got about half of that again and I enjoyed it.

No not once has he or Konami or anyone ever said or even hinted it would be in phantom pain. That was started by uninformed dumbass forum users who said "I bet it will be in phantom pain" and were acting like kojima came to their home and raped their mom and killed their dog and other internet morons just ran with it because they wanted to be pissed off for any reason they could, even if its a false reason.

How much is Konami paying you?

Never stop making them pay.

#30 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2620 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

actually no it was already planned to be $24.99 it is in the ad for the week

lol I never read the ads, only the sale glitch threads that pop up in the wee hours.  Happy coincidence for them.