Free 1-Week Xbox Live Gold W/ Promo Code from Skittles

Any word on whether this will allow downloading of games with gold or gold discounts?

If so I may hold on to it until next month...already have Dust and already played SR3.

Any word on whether this will allow downloading of games with gold or gold discounts?

If so I may hold on to it until next month...already have Dust and already played SR3.
Doubt it. I won a week of Gold from the scratch off thing that was going on, and it didn't allow me to get Deadlight last month.

It's probably in your spam folder. I got mine instantly and that's where it was.

You also have to make sure to say no when they ask if you're a current XBL Gold member.

Dreamer can you add to the OP that this won't allow Gold-level discounts on games, only access to multi-player benefits?

Seems also that you can try to get multiple codes by clearing cache and cookies based on the SD posts. The codes expire on October 28 I believe. So getting free gold till october with some work and if you do not care for free games with gold is pretty nice. And you can try different emails too maybe. Just suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one using my gmail account.

Tried using the 10minutemail.com route but that didn't work. Kept telling me to use a valid email address. Cleared my cookies and cache, but that didn't do anything.

Oh well. Thanks for the free week of Live.

Seems also that you can try to get multiple codes by clearing cache and cookies based on the SD posts. The codes expire on October 28 I believe. So getting free gold till october with some work and if you do not care for free games with gold is pretty nice. And you can try different emails too maybe. Just suggestions.
How do you know when the codes expire? I've got a bunch but can only use a few before I have to leave for vacation.

Based on reading some SD posts one person seemed to have quoted the policy that the promotion ends on July 31st and the codes need to be redeemed by October 31st of this year. This I think may be found on their website or on the email with the codes. Have not done the deal yet, will do it maybe tomorrow due to exams

Edit: yea it is on their website under the offer terms link.

Just wondering if anyone has been able to use more than one of these on the same Xbox account.

The terms on the Skittles site say you can only redeem one Gold trial per account on Xbox Live.

I know you can get more than one sent to an email.  The terms say you can only use one per Xbox Live account though.  Or is that just something they say so people don't stock up on them?

I'm also trying to play some Halo 3 with my code and it says "This playlist is restricted to Xbox LIVE Gold members only."  I know the code went through because I was able to play CoD: Ghosts online with it.  Halo 3 was a free game downloaded to my console.  Could that have anything to do with it?

A gold trial doesn't give you access to all online features so that may be why you couldn't access the playlist but I'm not sure might just be something wrong with the game. I think you can use more than one of these trial but I haven't tried yet, I'm currently still using my first one, it should work though. I guess that they just don't want people continuously getting codes.

I know you can get more than one sent to an email. The terms say you can only use one per Xbox Live account though. Or is that just something they say so people don't stock up on them?

I'm also trying to play some Halo 3 with my code and it says "This playlist is restricted to Xbox LIVE Gold members only." I know the code went through because I was able to play CoD: Ghosts online with it. Halo 3 was a free game downloaded to my console. Could that have anything to do with it?
You can only play on Social Playlists on Halo 3 when you are on a trial Gold membership. Ranked playlists are for "paying" Gold memberships.

Got like 2 codes using different emails. Thanks OP.

I suggest you guys go into private browsing when doing this so the site doesn't know you're trying to get multiple codes.

^ How does that work? I tried what someone else said earlier by putting periods after each letter but it didn't work for me. And yeah it was a gmail account.

I don't understand, it works for me.

It only allows me to do it once a day but I've got around 10 on one of my accounts.

I will post a code now so first to get it can have it.

Good luck

"
oops.png

We are having difficulty with this code. Please try again later.""

bread's done
Back