* * * - - 12 votes

Class of Heroes 2G PS3 "Possible" Physical Release

JRPG

#31 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9966 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassg...7#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com

I totally support stuff like this being in the deals section regardless of whether I'm interested. 

I thought I wasn't interested...but isn't that Victor Ireland's company?  Is this sort of like a Working Designs game?  If so I may be interested :-D

#32 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9966 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

Oh wait, so this is already out on PSP physically?  Is it worth buying?  I'd rather have a PSP version and wouldn't mind supporting it if it's good and if it's Working Designs-y. 

Eh...moot point I guess, seems that Class of Heroes 2 on PSP is sold out.

#33 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9527 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Supporting as well, hopefully it comes out with a reasonable price (really hoping for the 40ish price point period). Love me some dungeon crawlers and if it doesn't come out i'll get it eventually from the PSN. 

#34 ShoeGamer19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

ShoeGamer19

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

I missed the last one for the PSP. Supporting this one now, and put myself down for 2 copies.

#35 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Oh wait, so this is already out on PSP physically?  Is it worth buying?  I'd rather have a PSP version and wouldn't mind supporting it if it's good and if it's Working Designs-y. 

Eh...moot point I guess, seems that Class of Heroes 2 on PSP is sold out.

The game was limited to pre-orders, in the same way this one is (i think).  If you do not provide your contact info, you won't get the pre-purchase link to buy the game.  It's only offered once, so if you wanted the psp version of the game, you'd have to find a reseller.

#36 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

man I wish they would release a new Elminage game instead of class of heroes. Though from what I hear each class of heroes game was better than the last

#37 tylerdurden10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

tylerdurden10

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Signed :)

#38 Layd Dly  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

I got in on the PSP last time, so i may as well get in on this as well. 

#39 GreaterFel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

GreaterFel

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

Got in on the PSP release, down for the PS3 release as well. Thanks for posting this, OP.

#40 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

Thanks OP! I grew up on Working Design's games, so supporting this is a no-brainer. In for one.

#41 Naterrs   Mindy says goodnight. CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Signed up for one, hope this ends up coming out.

#42 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2395 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Why does this need so many more to sign up than the PSP one? Aren't UMDs more expensive than blurays since they make so many? I'll still buy one but I wish he picked up another series instead.

#43 piratica108  

piratica108

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Signed. I also 100% support things like this being in the deals section. I understand people have different opinions on this but if you take the definition of "deal" as definitive, then this is a deal. A product being relevant to you is not a prerequisite for it to be a deal.

Edit: I am also having a bit of trouble with the email confirmation. It's not showing up anywhere.

#44 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6355 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Signed. I also 100% support things like this being in the deals section. I understand people have different opinions on this but if you take the definition of "deal" as definitive, then this is a deal. A product being relevant to you is not a prerequisite for it to be a deal.

Edit: I am also having a bit of trouble with the email confirmation. It's not showing up anywhere.

I'm not following how this meets the definition of a "Deal" and I'm someone who bought six copies of the PSP version just to support the effort and supported the original Kickstarter.  It's a poll to determine if there is enough interest to warrant taking preorders for a retail release of a game that is going to be released digitally regardless.  There is no discount or sale price.  We have a niche game thread where this would fit perfectly.  The deal forum is already flooded with junk and this doesn't belong here regardless of how interested I am in this particular release.  

#45 Chief Keef   GBE 3hunna CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Chief Keef

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

What's the verification e-mail? The one that wants you to "subscribe to mailing list"

#46 Gamelore   Dark Elf Cleric CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Gamelore

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up, OP!  I participated in the PSP physical copy drive, and I'll gladly participate in the PS3 one as well!

Anything to support physical, DRM-free copies!

In for 2.

#47 Gamelore   Dark Elf Cleric CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Gamelore

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

As for this being a "deal", it's infinitely more a deal than any "Steam" or "PSN/XBLA" offer.  You actually receive a product.

And for people still buying products these days, it's extremely appealing which makes it a deal.  So yeah, damn right it's a DEAL.

Edit:  Can we please split off the the "deals" for digital downloads into a separate forum?  That's what's cluttering up the forum for me.

#48 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6355 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

As for this being a "deal", it's infinitely more a deal than any "Steam" or "PSN/XBLA" offer.  You actually receive a product.

And for people still buying products these days, it's extremely appealing which makes it a deal.  So yeah, damn right it's a DEAL.

Edit:  Can we please split off the the "deals" for digital downloads into a separate forum?  That's what's cluttering up the forum for me.

Your definition is ridiculous.  By that definition, every game released on a disc or other physical media would warrant its own thread.  At least the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are single and stickied so nobody keeps adding new threads each week or everytime there is a sale.  Also, the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are actually about deals as in discounts below MSRP or price drops or sales on actual games.  This isn't even a preorder yet, it's just a poll to see if there is enough interest to move to a preorder.    Like I said, I backed the Kickstarter, I backed the PSP release and I signed up for this immediately, but this absolutely doesn't belong in the deal thread.   

#49 Gamelore   Dark Elf Cleric CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Gamelore

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Sure it should warrant its own thread if it's popular enough and a limited time / limited opportunity type thing like this.

#50 MajinStylee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

MajinStylee

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

Your definition is ridiculous.  By that definition, every game released on a disc or other physical media would warrant its own thread.  At least the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are single and stickied so nobody keeps adding new threads each week or everytime there is a sale.  Also, the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are actually about deals as in discounts below MSRP or price drops or sales on actual games.  This isn't even a preorder yet, it's just a poll to see if there is enough interest to move to a preorder.    Like I said, I backed the Kickstarter, I backed the PSP release and I signed up for this immediately, but this absolutely doesn't belong in the deal thread.   

Well, I'm glad people like the OP aren't like you and post this kind of stuff up here. I wouldn't have known about this if it weren't for this thread (I don't read the niche games thread either)

#51 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22890 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:36 PM

What's the verification e-mail? The one that wants you to "subscribe to mailing list"

Yeah, that's the one. 

#52 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6355 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Well, I'm glad people like the OP aren't like you and post this kind of stuff up here. I wouldn't have known about this if it weren't for this thread (I don't read the niche games thread either)

Yes, you're glad that people are doing whatever they want even if it is outside of the bounds of the rules of the board just because it benefits your laziness and unwillingness to check the appropriate news sites or subforums.  It's exactly that kind of thinking that has turned this deal board into a difficult to navigate mess of junk.  

#53 lukejskywalker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

lukejskywalker

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Signed and in for one.

#54 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

If you play niche games, read the niche game thread.

If you like CEs, read the CE thread.

If you are on PSN, read Frisky's thread.

#55 VideoGamesIzFun   Legalize it CAGiversary!   1022 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

VideoGamesIzFun

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

I'm not following how this meets the definition of a "Deal" and I'm someone who bought six copies of the PSP version just to support the effort and supported the original Kickstarter.  It's a poll to determine if there is enough interest to warrant taking preorders for a retail release of a game that is going to be released digitally regardless.  There is no discount or sale price.  We have a niche game thread where this would fit perfectly.  The deal forum is already flooded with junk and this doesn't belong here regardless of how interested I am in this particular release.  

While I agree it's not much of  a "deal".  It is a "deal" because paying MSRP for this limited run is probably the cheapest you would get a sealed copy for.  So it is a "deal" if you look at it like that.  

Also this thread was probably made to get people to sign up so we get enough people to get the release.  I didn't know about this and wouldn't have if no one posted this deal.  Thanks to the OP for that.

Working Designs was a legend we could only hope Gaijinworks gets to that level.

#56 NDPsycho   Magically Delicious CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

NDPsycho

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

Anyone get this to work today? I've tried a few times and never get an email from them to verify. And yes, i've checked my junk mail folder. I tried to contact them through their webmaster email link and that fails with an email over quota message from their system....

#57 Mooplaid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Mooplaid

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

I did it earlier this morning and it worked fine.  Got it about 10-15 seconds after I signed up.  It was a very short email.

#58 fester   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Thanks, OP.  I love these types of games and without this thread it would have not showed up on my radar.  Haters:  take a hike.

#59 Earendil_aod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Earendil_aod

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Picked up 2 of the PSP releases (still sealed since I can play the digital that came with it on my vita), so I will also pick up 2 of these too.  I hope in an all-digital future :cry: , companies like X-seed and NISA will consider this.  I will always support it.

#60 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

Nice to find out about this, in for one.