Class of Heroes 2G PS3 "Possible" Physical Release

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-317#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com

Here is another link with useful information about this possible one-time deal: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787124&highlight=class+of+heroes+2g

The PSP physical edition is a gem in my collection, and I certainly hope my fellow CAGers can generate enough interest to make this "possible" deal a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
See #2 in the OP.

Also, I'm positive I didn't pay this much for my PSP copy that I got straight from Gaijinworks: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=class+of+heroes+2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

It looks like the PSP edition turned out to be a deal for those of us who got in on it.
So because something sells for more on eBay than msrp that makes something a deal?

That is one of the dumbest attempts at logic I've read on here for a while.

Ah ok so there is no deal because its an announcement. Gotcha.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. There are clearly others who share your opinion, but there also many who share my opinion that this is a deal. If the mods feel this thread should be moved, I'm sure they will do so. I do hope that the mods agree with me that this is a one-time, exclusive, and limited deal, so that the thread will remain in the deals forum where it will obtain the most awareness for this game. I certainly feel that my PSP copy was one heck of a deal and am very happy to have it. I know that many others share my sentiment.

I hope you end up with a physical copy of this game Mr_hat :)

Thanks for posting. I signed up and I don't even know what this game is. I wish Sega would do something like this with Shenmue and Yakuza.

You guys might want to keep an eye out for this. The poll has been going since mid March and a deal is trying to get worked out for instead of the 7,000 goal it will be lowered and the game will be $50 instead of $40 (not the absolute final confirmation so don't jump to conclusions just yet) and so the poll MIGHT restart keep an eye out.

I signed up for 2 copies a month & a half ago or so when I first heard about this.  At $50/each, I would STILL sign up for 2.  ;)

I signed up for a copy but never got the confirmation email.
Hmmm, that's not good. I received the verification email immediately upon signing up, and according the the website: "NOTE: YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP UNTIL YOU CLICK THE LINK ON THE VERIFICATION "Subscribe to Mailing List" EMAIL SENT TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS."

I would have been interested in this if it was for a different game. I have the psp version so I see no need why I would want to double dip at $50 for the ps3 version

I would have been interested in this if it was for a different game. I have the psp version so I see no need why I would want to double dip at $50 for the ps3 version
Well, in 2G you can play it on your TV using your Vita like the Wii U, and I know you're thinking "well whoopty doo for that", but there is that difference. Also, it'll be rare(physically) for the reseller horde so if you don't mind gouging fellow gamers, that's probably easy money.

[quote name="skiizim" post="11737839" timestamp="1399345009"]So because something sells for more on eBay than msrp that makes something a deal?

That is one of the dumbest attempts at logic I've read on here for a while.[/quote]

If MSRP is the cheapest it will ever be then yes, it's a deal. It's not like there's going to be a $15 off sale on this a few months down the road.

Is this basically an Etrian Odyssey for Sony? It sure looks that way.
Maybe you don't know, but the first-person turn-based dungeon crawler genre was around LONG before Etrian Odyssey. You could just as easily say this is "Wizardry", "The Bard's Tale" or "Might and Magic" for the PS3.

Maybe you don't know, but the first-person turn-based dungeon crawler genre was around LONG before Etrian Odyssey. You could just as easily say this is "Wizardry", "The Bard's Tale" or "Might and Magic" for the PS3.
Could not get into the first CoH as much as I wanted to. I think the super heavy grinding at the beginning of the game really turned me off since I could not get into the main story. I'm not impatient by any means and I do love level/item grinding in RPG's, but this one was just way too much for me. If CoH2 is anything like it's predecessor, I may have to skip it as well. I would not call this game a Wizardry by any means, as Wizardry holds a special place in my heart for PC gaming.

That being said, I did buy in on the PSP version of the game. I much prefer a PS3 version of all my games, so I'm in for 1 here, but realize that with the psp version of the game, there was lots of delay... from manufacturing, to debugging to final QA, there were snafu's all along the way. Not sure if the transparency that Gaijinworks offered really helped its fanbase by giving them so many updates on why things were delayed.

Yeah, if they added additional new content or upgraded it somehow (not just adding a new control scheme with the vita), I would have purchased it again. But for the same game, no thanks...

Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-317#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com
I totally support stuff like this being in the deals section regardless of whether I'm interested.

I thought I wasn't interested...but isn't that Victor Ireland's company? Is this sort of like a Working Designs game? If so I may be interested :whistle2:D

Oh wait, so this is already out on PSP physically?  Is it worth buying?  I'd rather have a PSP version and wouldn't mind supporting it if it's good and if it's Working Designs-y. 

Eh...moot point I guess, seems that Class of Heroes 2 on PSP is sold out.

Supporting as well, hopefully it comes out with a reasonable price (really hoping for the 40ish price point period). Love me some dungeon crawlers and if it doesn't come out i'll get it eventually from the PSN. 

Oh wait, so this is already out on PSP physically? Is it worth buying? I'd rather have a PSP version and wouldn't mind supporting it if it's good and if it's Working Designs-y.

Eh...moot point I guess, seems that Class of Heroes 2 on PSP is sold out.
The game was limited to pre-orders, in the same way this one is (i think). If you do not provide your contact info, you won't get the pre-purchase link to buy the game. It's only offered once, so if you wanted the psp version of the game, you'd have to find a reseller.

man I wish they would release a new Elminage game instead of class of heroes. Though from what I hear each class of heroes game was better than the last

Why does this need so many more to sign up than the PSP one? Aren't UMDs more expensive than blurays since they make so many? I'll still buy one but I wish he picked up another series instead.

Signed. I also 100% support things like this being in the deals section. I understand people have different opinions on this but if you take the definition of "deal" as definitive, then this is a deal. A product being relevant to you is not a prerequisite for it to be a deal.

Edit: I am also having a bit of trouble with the email confirmation. It's not showing up anywhere.

Signed. I also 100% support things like this being in the deals section. I understand people have different opinions on this but if you take the definition of "deal" as definitive, then this is a deal. A product being relevant to you is not a prerequisite for it to be a deal.

Edit: I am also having a bit of trouble with the email confirmation. It's not showing up anywhere.
I'm not following how this meets the definition of a "Deal" and I'm someone who bought six copies of the PSP version just to support the effort and supported the original Kickstarter. It's a poll to determine if there is enough interest to warrant taking preorders for a retail release of a game that is going to be released digitally regardless. There is no discount or sale price. We have a niche game thread where this would fit perfectly. The deal forum is already flooded with junk and this doesn't belong here regardless of how interested I am in this particular release.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!  I participated in the PSP physical copy drive, and I'll gladly participate in the PS3 one as well!

Anything to support physical, DRM-free copies!

In for 2.

As for this being a "deal", it's infinitely more a deal than any "Steam" or "PSN/XBLA" offer.  You actually receive a product.

And for people still buying products these days, it's extremely appealing which makes it a deal.  So yeah, damn right it's a DEAL.

Edit:  Can we please split off the the "deals" for digital downloads into a separate forum?  That's what's cluttering up the forum for me.

As for this being a "deal", it's infinitely more a deal than any "Steam" or "PSN/XBLA" offer. You actually receive a product.

And for people still buying products these days, it's extremely appealing which makes it a deal. So yeah, damn right it's a DEAL.

Edit: Can we please split off the the "deals" for digital downloads into a separate forum? That's what's cluttering up the forum for me.
Your definition is ridiculous. By that definition, every game released on a disc or other physical media would warrant its own thread. At least the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are single and stickied so nobody keeps adding new threads each week or everytime there is a sale. Also, the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are actually about deals as in discounts below MSRP or price drops or sales on actual games. This isn't even a preorder yet, it's just a poll to see if there is enough interest to move to a preorder. Like I said, I backed the Kickstarter, I backed the PSP release and I signed up for this immediately, but this absolutely doesn't belong in the deal thread.

Sure it should warrant its own thread if it's popular enough and a limited time / limited opportunity type thing like this.

bread's done
Back