Analog Stick Drifting

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!
(Tried doing a search for this, but "analog stick drifting" came up with a LOT about racing games)

I purchased my Vita about a year and a half ago and had been having no issues with it. Until today.

I had mainly been playing games that only used the left stick, but decided to play a two stick shooter today. My right analog stick appears to be dead. Some games (Gravity Rush, Sly Cooper) cause the camera to spin uncontrollably, making me think there's drift issues, but others (Dead Nation, Zen Pinball) don't even seem to recognize a right analog)

Googling this didn't bring about any solutions (a lot of reviews for The Walking Dead and Dead Nation though)

Anyone encounter something like this and know of ways to fix it? I've tried digging out grime with a toothpick and blasting compressed air, but nothing works.

I would imagine its more than just some gunk in your Right Analog stick, when you push it around does it still have the same "spring" back to dead center like it did new? or does it feel sloppy with little to no spring? 

It's very springy. I move it off to the side, remove my finger, and it makes an audible snapping noise as it recenters itself

Very interesting, have you ever had the unit like in your pocket for any amount of time? without a case or anything like that? I have a vita whose screen i broke and one of the sticks moved here and there like it was loose no real issues with games except maybe call of duty with slight drifting and glitching.

Very interesting, have you ever had the unit like in your pocket for any amount of time? without a case or anything like that? I have a vita whose screen i broke and one of the sticks moved here and there like it was loose no real issues with games except maybe call of duty with slight drifting and glitching.
Ermmm, basically all the time. And when it's not there (or being played) it's in my bag that's generally filled with cookie dust. I totally get I'm partially responsible for that. My plan is to hope that Sony announces a drop on the Vita at E3 and then try to grab the Borderlands bundle, since I wanted Borderlands anyway.

Until then, I can work through games that don't use the right stick

bread's done
Back