Bound by Flame PS4 $30 BB maybe?

nabuch

CAGiversary!
The game is out early and I went to BB today to pick it up.  With @gamers unlocked it is $40.  The clerk said, oh this comes with a $10 gift card.  I don't know how, I did not see it anywhere, but I did get a $10 gift card for buying it. 

I don't know if this gift card is specific to this game, but it seems like it is, so if you want the game, now is the time.

The game is out early and I went to BB today to pick it up. With @gamers unlocked it is $40. The clerk said, oh this comes with a $10 gift card. I don't know how, I did not see it anywhere, but I did get a $10 gift card for buying it.

I don't know if this gift card is specific to this game, but it seems like it is, so if you want the game, now is the time.
the ps4 version is $40 not $30 so might want to change your title cause not every one has gcu so the title misleading. And also add ymmv in store only maybe on the gift card deal cause it not in the ad and also not listed on the website

Last edited by a moderator:
the ps4 version is $40 not $30 so might want to change your title cause not every one has gcu so the title misleading. And also add ymmv in store only maybe on the gift card deal cause it not in the ad and also not listed on the website
Will try to see if my store has one later today. The PS4 version is MSRP of $49.99 with GCU it is $39.99. If a gift card was included that would be a nice bonus.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bound-by-flame-playstation-4/5749228.p?id=1219156097546&skuId=5749228&st=bound%20by%20flame&lp=1&cp=1

A GC doesnt drop the price 10$....
It depends on who you talk to and how they perceive the deal...just as long as you don't apply the $10 savings to this purchase for getting the GC AND to the next purchase for using the GC you'll be A-OK. :)

Will try to see if my store has one later today. The PS4 version is MSRP of $49.99 with GCU it is $39.99. If a gift card was included that would be a nice bonus.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bound-by-flame-playstation-4/5749228.p?id=1219156097546&skuId=5749228&st=bound%20by%20flame&lp=1&cp=1
yea cause I looked at best buy.com before I posted and that what I meant to say on what the msrp price and what gcu price was but half asleep and the op title price got me all confused on how he came to $30 to put in the title lol

I pre-ordered this on PS4 to try it out last week. I didn't see anything about a $10 gift card but it would nice if one magically appeared in my email. My copy shipped the other day so I should have it soon.

It saddens me that there isn't a version for :xb1: yet, but if the game does well enough maybe they will release one down the road?  Doubt it, especially if it has to compete with the likes of Dragon Age: Inquisition...

It looked decent from what I saw on Twitch.

I have a Robin Atkin Downes fetish. HE IS THE MAIN CHARACTER!!!

fuck yeah! / travistouchdownvoice

A GC doesnt drop the price 10$....
As Chnandler_bong said, it's based off your perception of the deal and how you wish to express it. The only issue with this type of logic is that several people on CAG use lossless deductions when expressing a deal, which results in confusion. Let me explain...

Wolfenstein can be logically expressed as $60 with $20 GC, $48 with $20 GC or simply $40 / $28. All of these are logical and acceptable, since they all express the same thing. However, the next step is where the logic goes off the rails. For many people on CAG, they consider the gift card twice in their dealings, so they might say they got Wolfenstein for $28, Mario Kart 8 for $18 ($20 GC + GCU + $10 gas card) and then bought Kirby Triple DX for $18 (GCU + $10 gas card if it really is just a debit card thing) talking about how much they love BB, though the reality is that they might have got Wolf for $28, MK 8 for $38 and Kirby for $28.

I pre-ordered this on PS4 to try it out last week. I didn't see anything about a $10 gift card but it would nice if one magically appeared in my email. My copy shipped the other day so I should have it soon.
I did an online preorder on Monday for in-store pickup. No GC when I picked it up this morning.

It saddens me that there isn't a version for :xb1: yet, but if the game does well enough maybe they will release one down the road? Doubt it, especially if it has to compete with the likes of Dragon Age: Inquisition...
The dev has made several public comments against the XB1 so I doubt that will ever happen.

I've been interested in this but think I'll just gamefly it. Don't think it'd be one I'll want to keep in my collection but definitely want to play it. From what I've read from other people who have played it, I guess its similar to The Witcher in terms of combat.

BTW-Here is a small review from a amazon customer (PS4 version)

I didn't expect much going into this game but I did get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it. It doesn't do anything new for its genre but it sure as hell is an interesting ride

Pros
+Challenging Combat
+New ip
+Classic Rpg feel
+Choose your story
+Doesn't hold your hand
+Crafting was deeper than expected
+The world craves more exploration

Cons
-Uninspired Enemies
-Story did not interest me
-Character customization was lazy
-Terrible lip sync and voice acting
-Skill trees felt bland

Overall - Bound By Flame is one of those games that I'll always remember playing. If you buy it just for an rpg you wont be dissapointed, but if you're looking for Dragon Age you will not find it here. Bound By Flame is just a good game.

Although it is just one article, it doesn't mention any contention between the two companies other than the devs didn't get the dev kit for :xb1: in a timely fashion:

http://xboxonedaily.com/2014/01/bound-by-flame-not-coming-to-xbox-one/

I get from that article that the situation could be worse. However, unless the game sells millions of copies I doubt they'll port it to :xb1:.
Yup. This is why I'm passing on it entirely. Sounds like a real twat blaming Xbox for "not getting a dev kit in a timely manner". Seems more like they didn't wanna spend the time to make one for X1 owners. Their loss.

Yup. This is why I'm passing on it entirely. Sounds like a real twat blaming Xbox for "not getting a dev kit in a timely manner". Seems more like they didn't wanna spend the time to make one for X1 owners. Their loss.
Or sounds like Microsoft screwed up, and they werent going to risk screwing up their schedule to appease them

I downloaded it from PSN on Tuesday for PS3. I have played for about 2 hours thus far - and it is surprisingly fun. Satisfying combat and a good crafting system. For crafting, you just open the menu and craft - no need for a table or station. It is not open world - you progress thru the world/story in hub-like areas.
If the gameplay of Amalur, Diablo, or even Dark Souls came together - but had visuals and dialogue closer to something like Hunted: Demon's Forge - it would be this game.

Just an FYI for those looking for some info from somebody who has actually played it.

I hate how MS gets this rep now. No one cam forget about the fuck ups and not look at the fixes.
People get a feeling of being in the superior cool kid club when things go right with their favorites. Personally I'm a huge gamer and buy all of the consoles and handhelds to enjoy. Coexist baby.

here is a walkthrough video of the game, decide for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ1im_gzMsc

it looks like an expanison/improve verison of Kingdoms of Amalur, very generic

Not saying their review is wrong in terms of how good the game is, but the first line of the review and it loses all credibility.

When you first start playing Bound by Flame, you're asked to enter a name for your character--a name that is then summarily ignored by the game's supporting cast, which always refers to your hero by his or her known name: Vulcan.
Uh, has this reviewer played any RPG with a customizable character EVER?

I want to call BS on people getting this game already. I was there today and it rings up DO NOT SELL BEFORE 5-9-14! and the manager took the game and pulled them into the back. No GC for $10 or anything so not sure how others are buying this.
can also confirm amazon and GameStop are both selling it now also. So that manager bullshitted you

GameStop also was selling the new Spider-Man 2 retail xbox one version as of today. My best buy had them (I held it) but I couldn't get the guy to ring it up because the website says 5/10

I'll definitely be picking this up from BB tomorrow for the PS4.  Though I understand it's a sub-par RPG from a relatively unknown developer, games like this need support...Especially when it's $40 + a $10 GC on release day!

I guess i'l try to get it tomorrow for $30 it's worth the risk. it seems like just an average game and for $30 I think that is an ok price for it's release. it will at least help me wait for the next warframe update on ps4, or maybe even last till watch dogs.

I've put about 3 hours in and it's more deserving than a 4. 6 or 7/10 at this point. It's not great, but it's good. I'm enjoying it.

I happened to get the digital download from someone on here for 35.00. Been playing the game all night and it's extremely fun!!! If its only 40, get it!! On PS4 PSN already in the store for digital purchase.

Not saying their review is wrong in terms of how good the game is, but the first line of the review and it loses all credibility.

Uh, has this reviewer played any RPG with a customizable character EVER?
Not to mention the game has a reason for doing this: Vulcan is like your code name. Everyone in the mercenary order you are in has one, so you're inputting your "real name" and the game calls you by your code name. It's explained when you read the lore in-game, it's like one of the very first journal entries about why they call you Vulcan.

This is obviously a reviewer who rushed through the game to get his review out, so I'd take his review with a grain of salt.

PS4 version has no reviews out yet (or shouldn't, anyways) because reviews are embargoed until Friday, as that's the retail release of the game.

I did an online preorder on Monday for in-store pickup. No GC when I picked it up this morning.
I went back and had them ring up a copy as a normal transaction. That prompted the GC.

But for online preorders, they said they'd email the $10 GC to you? Manager was nice enough, but he didn't quite let me return and rebuy. Instead he made notes on my receipt. Told me to come back if I don't receive it in a few days and he'll issue the $10 in store. We'll see what happens.

bread's done
Back