* * * * * 1 votes

CAGcast #365: Heterodachi Life

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17931 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

The gang plays Know Your E3 Exhibitors, talks Elder Scrolls Online, Amplitude Kickstarter, HearthStone, Sunset Overdrive, Nintendo and more!

Download (81 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
Listen on Soundcloud.com

GoDaddy.com Coupon Codes

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro:  Short Cut/Detour, Pretty Lights -  Outro: Popeye, Clean Shaven Man
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

#2 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

I wish there was a way to make the guy in Hearthstone say "Bread's Done!" instead of "Job's Done!" when you're out of moves.  (Right now I just imagine it's what I'm hearing each time)

#3 thorbahn3   News Editor Super Moderators   4224 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

I wonder if those digital Titanfall pack-in codes that came with Xbox One systems were added to the NPDs.

Nintendo put out this weird plug N play like console called the iQue in China previously. It played N64 and SNES games. My guess is they'll do the same thing again, but with Wii and Gamecube titles this time.

#4 soliddragon   Early Adopter CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

soliddragon

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Dat Intro tho!

#5 Koubiak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Just when I thought Wombat couldn't be anymore annoying, he redeems himself by claiming a "video game company can't make a spiderman video game" because they're...French-speaking..? 

Ignorant comment of the century, right there.

#6 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2376 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Just when I thought Wombat couldn't be anymore annoying, he redeems himself by claiming a "video game company can't make a spiderman video game" because they're...French-speaking..? 

Ignorant comment of the century, right there.

The French suck

#7 bickle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

I'm with ya on hearthstone, Ship. I played it in the beta and solely to get a free mount in Warcraft (need to win 3 maches). I hated every second of it and did poorly as well. My first win also came from my opponent disconnecting! I was playing as a Mage and did awful. When I finally switched to a hunter, I got 2 wins almost immediately.

There is nothing worse in gaming than watching your opponent run down the play clock, even though they have no moves left.

#8 Ballery5  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Captain Caveman didnt need to be smooth with the ladies. He carried a big club.

#9 testudo   CAGERY! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

The name of this episode should have been "Captain CAG man & Son"

captain_caveman.jpg

#10 usickenme   I'm the a-hole CAGiversary!   2559 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

usickenme

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

The French suck

but they make the best bread of which you speak

Ship- I've had a similar experience with Hearthstone. I suck and continually lose.  Although I did enjoy making my way through the tutorial and look forward to the single player component. 

#11 TeamC   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Concerning the Titanfall sales numbers.  I am sure that since no one will report on the official numbers that it was far from projected given the info in the forbes article titled "EA Net Revenue Down, Releases No 'Titanfall' Sales Numbers" published on 5/06/2014.

Would publish the link but I am not allowed to just yet.

#12 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1084 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Bioshock Infinite sold over four million copies, but it didn't get to five million, let alone six.

But I don't think Titanfall cost as much to develop.  BI was in development for five years with a huge staff, including a lot of experienced and expensive names.

#13 bickle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

I think you need to have Wombat wear one of these on his head at E3: http://www.amazon.co...ata/B0037P5CAI/

Show Notes:
CAG #365

1:45 Hearthstone
8:00 Show Feedback
8:00 - Kid interviews
9:00 - Infinity game save transfers
9:15 New Releases
9:30 - Mario Golf World Tour
10:15 - Kirby''s Triple Deluxe
11:00 - Sports Friends
14:00 - Stick It To the Man
15:00 - Bound By Flame
15:15 - Tesla Effect
17:15 Sunset Overdrive
19:00 EA revenue & high selling games that are considered failures
23:45 Captain Caveman
27:45 Amazing Spider-Man 2: Total Mess Edition
31:00 Assassin's Creed IV
32:45 Vita Borderlands 2 bundle
33:15 Nintendo financials, Nintendo Skyfinityfigures
42:45 Tomodatchi Life controversy
54:00 Unreal Tournament 4
55:00 Elder Scrolls Online (consoles) delayed
58:00 Harmonix Amplitude kickstarter
1:04:45 Cag's E3 schedule / Game Show
1:12:30 Cagbag/Hypewagon: NHL 15
1:14:30 Record Run
1:15:45 Amazon Fire
1:17:45 Game journalists

#14 BetaDemo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BetaDemo

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the show fellas!  You've achieved a years worth of daily listening.  

SPECIAL REQUEST:  I would like one of you guys to spend some hands on time with Stick It To The Man before the next show.  I was--admittedly--underwhelmed and disappointed when it was announced as this month's PS4 PS+ freebie mostly because the PS4 was getting a lot of indy titles while the PS3 and Vita were landing AAAs; however, I watched the launch trailer and WOW Stick It could be one of the greatest modern platformers not named Rayman.  The launch trailer is the greatest videogame launch teaser trailer I've ever seen!!  

#15 Koubiak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

The French suck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good ole French bashing never fails to amuse.

#16 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

I was as bad at Hearthstone as Shipwreck for the first two to three weeks. No idea why I stuck with it, but I had just enough fun to keep pecking away at it. I earned enough for a few packs, made some custom decks, and at some point it turned a corner. I went from losing all but one or two matches to winning 2/3 of the time. Making sure I had plenty of taunt cards and ways to buff minions helped, but the biggest thing was that I switched focus from attacking the hero to taking out opposing minions. Control the board and victory will follow.

#17 skadave   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

Dat Intro tho!

I think that's the first music intro that cannot be described as "shitty music that they play in the gym."

#18 AtlasShrugged80   Both Cheap and an Ass CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

AtlasShrugged80

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

the biggest thing was that I switched focus from attacking the hero to taking out opposing minions. Control the board and victory will follow.

This is the best advice for new Hearthstoners.  90% of the time that you think going to the face instead of a minion is the right play, it ISN'T.  Board control is king.

#19 skadave   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for the show fellas!  You've achieved a years worth of daily listening.  

SPECIAL REQUEST:  I would like one of you guys to spend some hands on time with Stick It To The Man before the next show.  I was--admittedly--underwhelmed and disappointed when it was announced as this month's PS4 PS+ freebie mostly because the PS4 was getting a lot of indy titles while the PS3 and Vita were landing AAAs; however, I watched the launch trailer and WOW Stick It could be one of the greatest modern platformers not named Rayman.  The launch trailer is the greatest videogame launch teaser trailer I've ever seen!! 

I put about 2 hours into the game. I would say that it's more in the style of a point-and-click adventure than a pure platformer. There is a LOT of dialog, and the platforming is mostly moving from point a to point b. With that said, it is a lot of fun.

#20 Koubiak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

the PS4 was getting a lot of indy titles while the PS3 and Vita were landing AAAs;

Oh yeah, blame Sony for not giving away free AAA titles on a 6-month old system...

#21 adamgould   Nothing Clever CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

That was the best intro in the last 100 podcasts.

My favorite part of the podcast was when Wombat's kids didn't interrupt it. I can't remember the last time that happened.

#22 B0W and Arrow   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

B0W and Arrow

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

As a finance student, I got excited when you guys started talking about EA's stock. It seems that Cheapy was unsure of why their stock jumped despite the fall in net revenue quarter over quarter. Stock pricing has to do with expectations and both net revenue and net income came in above where expected even if less than the same quarter of 2013. Also, EA's management increased their expectations of net income for the upcoming fiscal year.

#23 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7067 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:53 AM

Saddened that no one knew about the Pokemon Rumble U Figures that Nintendo did last year.  While nowhere near the size/demand of Skylanders (probably because it was a limited run & gamestop exclusive) it definitely showed that there is a demand for it as the blind-packaged pokeballs are going for 3-5x the SRP currently. 

#24 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7578 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

Saddened that no one knew about the Pokemon Rumble U Figures that Nintendo did last year.  While nowhere near the size/demand of Skylanders (probably because it was a limited run & gamestop exclusive) it definitely showed that there is a demand for it as the blind-packaged pokeballs are going for 3-5x the SRP currently. 

We all actually knew about that, but it was such a limited scope venture that it didn't fit into the conversation we were having.

#25 patches48   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

patches48

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

Am I the only one that felt weird when wombat was talking about Japan/Japanese people?

Maybe went a little too far there...

I understand that SOME (definitely not all) Japanese are "behind the times", but no need to call the whole country "stupid".

#26 mwmike11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

mwmike11

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

Surprised there was no mention of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby coming this fall. I forget, were you guys just not fans of X and Y when they came out, or did it just miss the packed agenda this time around?

#27 codenamelenny   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

codenamelenny

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Great show name.
It sounds like shipwreck just doesn't want to play a mobile game that requires 100% of his attention, referring to hearthstone of course.

#28 BetaDemo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BetaDemo

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

Oh yeah, blame Sony for not giving away free AAA titles on a 6-month old system...

Yes I'm pointing the finger at Sony 100% once they made the business decision to REQUIRE PS+ for PS4 users to play online multiplayer ok then they'd better provide an equal service across all platforms or that discrepancy is going to be noticed.  It's not like Knack or Killzone are still selling copies hand over fist 6 months post release you'll find games like those in the $20 dollar bargain bin.

@skadave

Thanks for the impressions.  I've downloaded it but haven't had time to give Stick It a playsession yet so everything I know about it is what's shown in the trailer.   

#29 actripxl   BITW! CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

actripxl

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

Wombat the typical Liberal hypocrite, white knight for gay people and "oppressed" group du jour but has no problem calling Japanese stupid and saying the French suck.  

Incase its not clear Liberal are hypocrites because they act offended when certain groups are brought up but have no problem talking crap about others all under the fake and hypocritical umbrella of "inclusiveness".  

#30 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2376 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Wombat the typical Liberal hypocrite, white knight for gay people and "oppressed" group du jour but has no problem calling Japanese stupid and saying the French suck.

Incase its not clear Liberal are hypocrites because they act offended when certain groups are brought up but have no problem talking crap about others all under the fake and hypocritical umbrella of "inclusiveness".

I made a joke about the French and Japanese sexism is a real issue. Yet you have no problem putting all liberals under a hypocrate umbrella when it suits your agenda.