Free $5 Amazon Appstore Credit OOS, $3 Credit w/ Select MP3 Purchase

amusedtoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Saw this on SD so credit to them. Amazon Local is offering a free $5 credit for their Appstore. Specifies for Android and Kindle Fire users only but phone or tablet doesn't matter. Also emphasises that there is a Limited quantity available.

http://www.amazon.com/local/national/B00JXVN9LY?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=f25f83a025bb4eeea096a897c15abc6e&cid=td_&ref_=td_

For more fun if you have Amazon MP3 credit and buy this Chopin album for 99 cents you should get $3 Appstore credit. This part is slightly YMMV as it worked for me and others but not all.

http://www.amazon.com/Moravec-Johannesen-Symphony-Orchestra-Heribert/dp/B00CC9JWM4/ref=sr_1_2?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1399801132&sr=1-2&keywords=Chopin

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why, but I ended up grabbing a promotional code. I rarely use my android tablet, but maybe this is a good time to pick up one of those $5 priced games. Thanks OP for sharing,

One thing to point out is that you can only use the actual promotional credit in an android device since the app doesn't exist for Windows or iOS, you can however use a computer or iOS system to get the promotional credit itself which doesn't expire until June 30th.

Did you guys get yours already? I didn't get an email or anything
Yea. I got the email instantly. It says this

Your Amazon Local order is confirmed. Your order summary is listed below.

This deal has been applied to your Amazon.com account. Click here to shop now.

Visit Your Vouchers whenever you want to access or redeem your voucher. Or download the free Amazon Local app to redeem your voucher right from your phone

I see it under my Vouchers page but I don't see any mention of it in my promo credit balances. Is there somewhere that should show the $5 got added?

Make sure to check your spam/junk folders, I got mine instantly as well except it ended up there.

According to the AmazonLocal page, the promotional credit should automatically be linked to our account and instantly usable for purchases as soon as we receive the email.

Got it. Thanks OP. Anyone know if it works on all Amazon appstore games?

Make sure to check your spam/junk folders, I got mine instantly as well except it ended up there.

According to the AmazonLocal page, the promotional credit should automatically be linked to our account and instantly usable for purchases as soon as we receive the email.
Hmm, weird. Nothing in junk or inbox.

Picked up Pocket Minecraft for $7 using this credit, got $3.50 credit back in coins.    Good game for a kid if they don't have it.

Just a heads up..

if you have any other amazon credits  They will apply first before this. So if you have credit you may want to preorder something. THen use the 5 buck credit then cancel the preorder to get the rest of your cash back.

Bummer that the free $5 is gone, but I was able to get the $3 from the Chopin album so thanks for the heads up on that.

Is the $3 credit is for MP3?

Edit: I'm asking because I bought an album (from Mother's Day Sale) and got an email that I got $3 in credit for the appstore. But when I check my balance I suddenly found $3 on Mp3 balance.

Is the $3 credit is for MP3?

Edit: I'm asking because I bought an album (from Mother's Day Sale) and got an email that I got $3 in credit for the appstore. But when I check my balance I suddenly found $3 on Mp3 balance.
It was showing up in both. I haven't checked again but I read on SD that others had it show up just in their AppStore balance later on.

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="11751694" timestamp="1399923002"]It was showing up in both. I haven't checked again but I read on SD that others had it show up just in their AppStore balance later on.[/quote]so that means that you could use the credit on either?

bread's done
Back