* * * * - 25 votes

Triple Game Trade In Value @ Target 5/18-5/24

#3601 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2257 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

They were able to do my trades today no problem.

So how do I make them one card and VISA them out?

nihilence.png

#3602 BxJoka814  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

They were able to do my trades today no problem.
So how do I make them one card and VISA them out?

Either take them to customer service and have them combine them and then buy visa gc on target.com or buy a bunch of $5 gc with your credit and cash them all out.

gallery_474050_8161_44877.jpg

#3603 Thoraxes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Thoraxes

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Redeemed my trades today. One giftcard had double value by mistake.

The chick called corporate and they let me just keep the extra $60 lol

#3604 Jus2cold   Work hard, game harder! CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Jus2cold

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Just purchased a Visa Debit card so I can use it towards buying a Xbox One @ Bestbuy. With $5 bucks lefted over I'll just buy a $5 giftcard and cash out on it.

#3605 sgaldis   1d64F CAGiversary!   2436 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Just found out today that they had added over $1500 EXTRA in credit for the one trade in I did during the triple promo last week (original trade was $133.xx).  I went to buy about $70 worth of stuff with the approximate $80 I had left on the card, and I found the balance was at $7.xx.  When I began to check the website for the balance and my original receipt from making a purchase immediately after my trade in last week, I first saw the $16xx.xx balance!  :(  So not only did I lose the extra $1500 or so they gave me on accident, I didn't have access to the last $80 that I should have legitimately had.  Sad day

#3606 Uso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Just found out today that they had added over $1500 EXTRA in credit for the one trade in I did during the triple promo last week (original trade was $133.xx).  I went to buy about $70 worth of stuff with the approximate $80 I had left on the card, and I found the balance was at $7.xx.  When I began to check the website for the balance and my original receipt from making a purchase immediately after my trade in last week, I first saw the $16xx.xx balance!  :(  So not only did I lose the extra $1500 or so they gave me on accident, I didn't have access to the last $80 that I should have legitimately had.  Sad day

Wow, I would of buy something.

#3607 sgaldis   1d64F CAGiversary!   2436 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Duh....I would have if I would have known that there was that extra balance on there.  I just saw the original balance today.  I did my trade in very early last week, so it was before the mass outages and people starting reporting the extra balances on cards, so I just never checked.

#3608 Mcast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

I've been having a little problem trading in my last batch of games where like many of you I was quoted and guaranteed the values for my games because the system was down. The rep can't seem to pull up my order with the order number and he says there's not much he can do if he can't even though he has a print out record of my trade in. Just wondering if any of you cags have run into this issue where their reps have found a solution.

#3609 Uso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

I've been having a little problem trading in my last batch of games where like many of you I was quoted and guaranteed the values for my games because the system was down. The rep can't seem to pull up my order with the order number and he says there's not much he can do if he can't even though he has a print out record of my trade in. Just wondering if any of you cags have run into this issue where their reps have found a solution.

you need to go back to the same store

#3610 Mcast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

you need to go back to the same store

It is the same store he mentioned that he's been having the same problem all week with other people who were quoted tiv's
I guessing he might of screwed up the trade in procedure some how I'll try again today and if there's no solution I'm calling it quits

Thanks for the reply though

#3611 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

It is the same store he mentioned that he's been having the same problem all week with other people who were quoted tiv's
I guessing he might of screwed up the trade in procedure some how I'll try again today and if there's no solution I'm calling it quits

Thanks for the reply though

I had the same thing. They talked to tech support and their solution is to process the trade in again 3 times; on the first 2 they indicate something along the lines of it being for the sake of the triple value program so they don't have to account for missing 2 batches of games.

Some of the values may have dropped, though, and some may have gone up, so YMMV on whether or not you get the full value and if the employee there would be of the mindset to try to make that right. I ended up around $12 short but considering it was the third time in that store just for these trade-ins I cut my losses.

NotRic.png

#3612 Mcast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

I had the same thing. They talked to tech support and their solution is to process the trade in again 3 times; on the first 2 they indicate something along the lines of it being for the sake of the triple value program so they don't have to account for missing 2 batches of games.

Some of the values may have dropped, though, and some may have gone up, so YMMV on whether or not you get the full value and if the employee there would be of the mindset to try to make that right. I ended up around $12 short but considering it was the third time in that store just for these trade-ins I cut my losses.

Thanks I just finished talking to the mobile rep at my target and he explained that this was their solution earlier in the week but now they are having issues with voiding two of the the three transactions all very confusing but anyways they asked him to stop doing this and now he is waiting for another solution. He says he'll contact me when they figure everything out I'm fine either way though

#3613 surak   Pickle Inspector CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Went last Saturday to the Seattle-Northgate Target when the system was down. Ended up being too busy to go back until today and was worried after reading about people having problems both here and on SD, but both my and my wife's transactions went smoothly.

#3614 BxJoka814  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

Just got my Xbox one today at micro center for $400. Had to put in about $100 bucks thanks to all that credit from target. Today was a good day.

gallery_474050_8161_44877.jpg

#3615 srac84   Gamer MD CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

Got my gift visa gift cards today which i bought with my target gift cards from target.com all are fine and working :)!

#3616 io   ... Super Moderators   24051 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

Spent all the rest of my trade-in credit yesterday at Target. Like I figured, it was no problem blowing through it all pretty quickly. I think we spent $300 there and only half was covered by my leftover trade-in money (after spending $50 or so the first day of the deal). So it bought food and toothpaste and clothes for the kids. Pretty boring stuff ;). It does suck that the 5% discount only applies to the part paid with the Red Card (and not the gift cards). That essentially means they take 5% of your trade-in back again, but, eh, whatever...

#3617 davidwhangchoi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

davidwhangchoi

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

Don't know if you saw my post earlier but I would spend the credit ASAP.  I received around 450 extra on a trade in that brought the total to around 600 on Tuesday.  I used 550 to order an XBOX One.  When I tried to use the card on Sunday, the card said it had a 0.00 balance.  I checked the balance online and it showed where I had paid for the XBOX One and that I should have around 46 dollars in credit left, but the overall balance said 0.00.  So, apparently the system fixes the card balance over time.  Over all, I can't complain too much.  Still turned out to be a pretty good deal even with the missing credit.

yep i brought 500 of visa cards. so i'm good.

#3618 soulflarz   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

soulflarz

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

nvm, completely wrong topic