Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (Wii U) FINALLY $19.99 (after shipping) through various Amazon sellers.

Wouldn't ya know, I caved last night at 21.

+1 that this shoulda been the price from day one.

Wouldn't ya know, I caved last night at 21.

+1 that this shoulda been the price from day one.
I did a few days ago as well. I don't feel too bad about it though. Just $2 and with it not dropping forever I didn't want to take a chance on missing it since I don't have many physical stores to grab it once they start to clearance it out. The stores I have didn't carry it so when it dropped to $21 I jumped on it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously considering this since I just picked up a Wii U (primarily for Mario Kart).  Does the gamepad add that much more than the version for the other consoles/pc?

I did a few days ago as well. I don't feel too bad about it though. Just $2 and with it not dropping forever I didn't want to take a chance on missing it since I don't have many physical stores to grab it once they start to clearance it out. The stores I have didn't carry it so when it dropped to $21 I jumped on it :)
That's how I felt. It was low enough that I would rather make sure I own it than save a few bucks more.

We have a app state mountaineer on CAG?
Yep, is that surprising for a reason?

On topic though, I started playing HR on the PC but never finished it. Any reason the gamepad integration would be worth picking it up at this price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, is that surprising for a reason?

On topic though, I started playing HR on the PC but never finished it. Any reason the gamepad integration would be worth picking it up at this price?
I played the origianl release on 360 and loved it, so that's partly why I'm double-dipping. But the other part that got me to buy around this pricepoint was the fact that this is the director's cut which had all the improvements to gameplay & the gamepad integration seems interesting enough.

Won't know if the gamepad stuff alone is worth the buy until I actually try it out

The Wii U is the definitive eversion outside of the PC, correct?
I don't know all the details, but apparently Vita/Smartglass replicate the Gamepad features perfectly. I have no idea how/if they do it on PC.

Last edited:
I played the origianl release on 360 and loved it, so that's partly why I'm double-dipping. But the other part that got me to buy around this pricepoint was the fact that this is the director's cut which had all the improvements to gameplay & the gamepad integration seems interesting enough.

Won't know if the gamepad stuff alone is worth the buy until I actually try it out
I'm interested to hear your opinion if you get a chance to try it out soon. Please let us know if you do. I still have the 360 version sitting in my backlog unopened. I don't really want to spend more than $10 on a double dip unless the double dip is a significant improvement and I can sell off my original dip. ;)

Seriously considering this since I just picked up a Wii U (primarily for Mario Kart). Does the gamepad add that much more than the version for the other consoles/pc?
I think so. The gamepad is a minor addition for gameplay, but sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference. I couldn't imagine playing games like Splinter Cell Blacklist, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Deus Ex Human Revolution without it.

I'm interested to hear your opinion if you get a chance to try it out soon. Please let us know if you do. I still have the 360 version sitting in my backlog unopened. I don't really want to spend more than $10 on a double dip unless the double dip is a significant improvement and I can sell off my original dip. ;)
Got in a bit of time with the game last night so thought I'd give initial impressions on the Gamepad's implementation.

First off, there is off-screen play, which is a huge plus for me (especially with all the playoffs/sports on tv right now).

But, if you're going with a more traditional view (i.e.: tv or monitor) then the gamepad's screen is utilized mostly for menu access & navigation. You're given icons along the left and right sides of the screen for instant access to Weapons/Inventory, Augmentations/Skills, Maps,, Miiverse and something else I'm forgetting.

So you have a much easier and quicker experience to everything. And touch controls make it much simpler to get thru those screens.

The Miiverse function is also pretty interesting. It's kinda like a Demons Souls take where you can leave notes/recording/photo for others to find. At least that's how I understood it; haven't tried that out yet.

The only other differences I've found during gameplay have been with scoped weapons, Hacking and body searches.

Got the Sniper rifle and when you line up for a scoped shot the tv view changes to tunnel-vision, so if you're good enough take the shot. Otherwise, use the cross-hair view that's displayed on the gamepad screen

Hacking/Terminal access is also performed on the gamepad. If you have the access code you just type it on the keypad that displays on the gamepad screen. But if you're hacking, you'll get the view on the gamepad screen and you just tap on the node/module you want to hack. Much faster to do when you have touch controls & less likely to mess up.

Body Searches will display the items on the gamepad screen, so just touch the items you want to add and move on.

You also have the option for the radar to be displayed on the tv or on the gamepad. Going gamepad obviously gives you a cleaner view on the tv.

Only drawback so far has been the QuickAccess function. The access wheel displays on the gamepad screen instead of the main tv screen. To me that defeats the whole point of quick access.

So overall, you're getting a better experience. But it's not like the original version of the game was bad to begin with.

Personally, I consider the Director's Cut version and the gamepad implementation worth the 20 bucks and glad I've got it.

Awesome! Its a pity that every other version of the game is better on other systems that are cheaper and have been out for twice as long. But then again that is 50% of the wiiu library.

Really though unless you don't own a 360, ps3 or a pc there is no reason to buy this on the wiiu.

bread's done
Back